Seven Steps For Falling In Love

Step IV: Making A Bigger Move

The last class ended and Hayley was running after a very excited Faith, they got to the gym, changed to their equipment and even before Hayley had a feet out of the lockers room she had already a ball in her direction.

She passed it rather clumsily.

“Couldn’t you just wait a little longer?!” She said out loud, thinking it had been her friend, but thinking wrong, when she looked at the person who had attack her, she saw Nick.

It just couldn’t get worse.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you,” he said coming up to her.

“No, I’m sorry, I thought it was Faith.”

“I think she’s a little busy right now,” and he pointed to a far end of the gym, where Hayley saw her friend speaking with no other than Steven; at least the day was being good for someone.

“Wanna practice?” Well, she was going to try to make her day better too.

“You’re on.”

After a little passing match, where Hayley had missed two, making Nick, who had only missed one, win, she was a lot more comfortable around him, they talked about their life’s and at some point Hayley tried to take a chance.

“You’re free tonight?”

“Unfortunately, yes. Why? Got a plan?”

“Actually, Faith and I usually go out for dinner and then we go to the movies.”

“You’re inviting me?”

“I believe so, yes.” They laughed, and she loved his laugh, she loved everything about him, but she held herself, she had barely known him for a day.

“I don’t know, it’s your ladies night.

“Oh no, it isn’t, I’m sure she’s just inviting Steven right this instant, it’s only fair that I invite someone too.”

“Still-“

“Hey Hayley! You won’t believe this! I just invited Steven for tonight! This is great!” Faith had just come jumping to them as soon as Steven left for the locker’s room. Hayley looked at Nick, silently saying ‘I told you so’.

“Alright, count me in Hayley.”

“Cool, Faith, looks like Nick is coming to.”

Faith stopped, and looked at her friend, shocked, and then she just smiled and hugged her.

“I’m so proud of you!”