Seven Steps For Falling In Love

Step V: A Friends’ Goodbye

Faith and Steven were walking up ahead, in their own conversation, while Hayley and Nick stayed behind in an awkward silence.

“Did you like the movie?” Nick said at some point.

“I loved it.”

“Yeah, it was cool. That Steven guy, he just screams Faith’s type, doesn’t he?”

“You have no idea! When she starts talking about him…”

“It’s too bad.”

“Why?”

“One of my brothers has a crush on her.” This made Hayley laugh; Nick’s brother could go to the moon and back, now that Faith had Steven’s attention she wouldn’t let go of him.

“Well, he doesn’t stand a chance.”

“I thought so.” Nick laughed to, in that moonlight walk; Hayley just wished she could hold his hand, as naturally as she saw in the movies. But something told her it was too soon for that.

And too soon, a black, second hand Toyota appeared in front of the four friends.

“Well, there goes Cinderella.”

“Faith is a weird Cinderella if you ask me.” Hayley answered, thinking he was talking about her friend.

“Actually, I meant you,” his beautiful smile appeared again, making her melt, “and if you ask me, this Cinderella doesn’t need make up or a pretty dress to look good.”

“Thanks.” Yes, against her nature Hayley had make-up on and was using her best dress.

“Hayley c’mon!” Faith called with Steven beside her.

“Well, goodbye.”

“See you on Monday Hayley,” she smiled and reached out to give in a kiss on the cheek.

“Consider that my crystal shoe,” and she left, leaving a very red and goofy Nick behind.