Seven Steps For Falling In Love

Step VI: A Special Goodbye

Three weeks passed and Nick had become part of the small group. Steven would show up once in a while, but it was hard for him because he was a year older and his schedule was a bit different. It had been a week since Faith and Steven were officially a couple, and a very furious Julia had more than once picked up a fight with Faith, but she was flying above the clouds with her romance, so she barely noticed.

Nick had often brought a flower from his mother’s garden for Hayley, and more than once they had walked out of the Friday night movie holding hands, Faith said that the first kiss was visible on the horizon, but Hayley was afraid of things happening too fast, but she couldn’t say she would mind if he kissed her.

Three weeks passed and this was the fourth Friday’s night on the movies, as usual Steven and Faith were in a vivid discussion about the movie, sometimes even arguing, on the other hand, Nick and Hayley would hold hands and talk about themselves, and then as usually, parted with a smile. But tonight was bound to be different.

The Toyota appeared in the distance, marking the end of another great night, and while Steven and Faith were saying their goodbyes, Hayley turned to Nick, but he spoke first.

“Don’t you think is time for the prince to trade a crystal shoe for the real Cinderella?” His eyes were looking deep into hers, a warm sea of chocolate, he didn’t wait for her answer, under that magical winter night, and he kissed her, the most wonderful kiss Hayley could ever imagine.

She didn’t open her eyes when they parted their faces, she only felt him holding her tight and felt his breath on her neck, his heart beating almost as fast as hers.

“We were never meant to be friends Hayley, so you can’t ask me to be one, it’s just a wrong fairy tale if we end our life’s being just friends.”

“Cinderella needs her happy ending, right?”

“That’s right, so, we’re official?”

“We couldn’t be more, even if we had a signed contract.”

That night she fell asleep with her phone next to her, a message still opened.

‘Don’t forget to dream about me Cinderella. I love you.’