It's A Wonderful Life, Mr. Way

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

5 months after the wedding.

Tuesday morning, Christmas Day, Mr. Way kissed his sleeping beauty's soft cheek, and was awake and down the stairs at 8:30, his socks padding on the hardwood floors. Though having only been asleep since 3am himself, Gerard was more than a little excited at what he just knew would ensue, as he started a pot of coffee and a fire. And just before 9am, he saw his dad's truck pulling up the driveway through the front window, before he walked out in his stocking feet to help him carry everything in.

"I don't understand why you just didn't give it to her yesterday." Don took the supplies out of his truck as Gerard took 'Dee' in her carrier from the front seat, bringing the steel door in front of his face.

"Hey little girl! Remember me??"

She whimpered for him to take her out, before he finally addressed his dad's remark.

"Because! I wanted it to be Christmas Day, Dad. Jesus."

Once back inside, Don watched Gerard, carefully take the puppy out, before she licked his son's face, and even he had to smile.

"Alright...you kids have fun. Merry Christmas, Son." Don hugged Gerard.

"Bye Dad. Merry Christmas. I love you," Gerard grinned up at his dad as he turned to leave. "And thank you."

"Oh, I didn't do this for you, I did it for her!" Don pointed out with his own mischievous grin, then shook his head, having teased his son. "I love you, too."

As Don closed the door behind him, Gerard's own Christmas gift from Andie, standing proudly in their entryway by the staircase, chimed on the hour, as it was now 9am. Having arrived just Saturday, he once again admired the gift his wife had gone to such lengths to acquire for him; the very grandfather clock he'd first eyed in Dresden...back even before their wedding in July.

She would love her gift just as much, if not more.

*Soundtrack: "I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus" by Stand Still*
Think Happy Thoughts Christmas Playlist

Andie awoke to...a tongue...licking her face.

"Ohhh stop..." She frowned, wiping her face. "Not now. I'm tired, Baby."

Still a sleepyhead by nature, even months after beginning the iron supplements for her anemia, Andie tried to get some more sleep out of the lazy Christmas morning. But Gerard just didn't seem to want to let up, or so she thought, as the tongue lapping started again.

"Gerard...c'mon..." Andie reached for him, except...it wasn't Gerard.

Andie's eyes flew open, as she smoothed her messy hair out of her face, only to find herself face to face...with a tan and white King Charles Spaniel puppy...it's big brown eyes staring back at her as it licked her again. She bolted upright in the bed, holding the pup to her chest.

"Oh my God!" she exclaimed looking to Gerard, sitting on the side of the bed with a huge grin. "Oh my God, Gerard!"

"Merry Christmas, Sugar."

"Seriously?? Are you serious??" Andie's stunned expression went from the puppy to her husband to the puppy again...before the pup pounced at her chest, licking her face again.

"I'm serious! She's all yours. And just eight weeks old," Gerard beamed. Worth more than any gift he could give or receive all year long, was that look on his wife's face just then. "So? What're you gonna name her?"

"Oh my God. I have no idea..." Andie was at a loss for words, anyway. How could she possibly think of a name right now??

She tucked the puppy under her arm, and reached for Gerard, curling her arm around his neck as she pulled him to her, kissing his cheek, then nuzzling it with hers. But 'Dee' wriggled between them, making them both pull back, smiling at one another.

"Oh thank you, Baby. Thank you so much. She's so adorable."

"Oh, there's a little bit more...in your stocking downstairs."

Mrs. Way tucked the puppy under her arm and crawled out of bed, padding down the stairs with Mr. Way behind her. She pulled her stocking off the mantle, as excited as a little girl...on Christmas...and found a bright red, patent leather collar for the puppy, with a dangling rhinestone heart...and peanut butter Hershey's kisses for herself.

"You found peanut butter ones??" she turned to Gerard as he nodded. He was well aware of her peanut butter affinity.

Not twenty minutes later, Andie was playing with the puppy on the floor, having her very own before breakfast snack, and trying to keep the puppy from nibbling at the chocolate, when she smelled...cinnamon...from the kitchen. Assuming Gerard had only been getting his coffee, she walked into the kitchen with the puppy at her chest, to find him over the stove, making his mom's cinnamon pancakes.

"Aww...what are you doing?" She slid her arm around his middle, resting her head against his broad shoulder, as the puppy's attention was strictly on just what was in that pan that smelled so good.

"What? It wouldn't be Christmas without them!"

After the first of what would be many messes on the red rug in the family room...the couple had breakfast at the kitchen table, with the puppy wandering around by their feet, even whining, though her black ceramic food bowls were full of water and the dry dog food Gerard had bought for her. Unable to listen to her suffering any longer, Andie just had to pick her up, holding her under her arm, even letting her have a nibble of pancake that didn't have any syrup on it.

"Hon...don't do that," Gerard tilted his head at her. "You know she'll never eat her own food now that she's had MY pancakes."

Andie looked up from the puppy to which she was still doting...at the breakfast table...then sat her down again. "Uh. Fine. Ruin my fun."

Gerard gave her those eyes over his coffee mug. "C'mon, you gonna name her or what? They called her 'Dee', but only because she was the fourth born."

She made a face at her husband. "'Dee'? Like 'Gee'? Too funny," she grinned, then went back to poking her pancakes with her fork. "But I can't decide. I mean, I'm thinking, like, human names, not pet names. I thought 'Billie' at first, for Billie Holiday. But everyone would think she was a boy. And I KNOW how that goes. Then I thought 'Audrey', for Audrey Hepburn. But all of OUR friends would think I mean Audrey Kitching...and I'd always have to explain it."

Gerard chuckled, nearly spitting his coffee back into his cup.

"Maybe 'Ella'...for Ella Fitzgerald, or...Cinderella...or UMBRELLA..." Andie giggled, thinking aloud and picking up her own coffee cup. But the dog literally laid across her feet, keeping them warm as she was still barefoot on the cold ceramic tiled flooring.

"Aw...look at her." She pulled back to see under the table as her husband tilted his head as well. "She's being my slippers."

Gerard shook his head. He could see where this was going. She was going to be SO spoiled by Andie. "She's definitely a little princess."

But Andie gave him a coy smile. "That's right. With BLING," she said, referring to her sparkly heart charm on her red collar.

And THAT would be when it hit her.

"That's it!" she slapped the table a little harder than she intended, making her husband raise his eyebrows in surprise at her, and the puppy raise her head from Andie's feet. "She's a gem! A ruby! Like a treasure! She's my little Ruby!"

"Haha! Kinda like I said to those kids in the UK??" Gerard wrinkled his nose, getting tickled at her. "That's great. I like that."

"YES!" Andie beamed, then looked down at the puppy again and giggled. "She's my Ruby slippers right now! ...But don't even think about putting her in your pants."

"Ew, An'..." Gerard made a face. "That's creepy."

When Ruby, as she was now properly named, finally did her first duty outside, and fell asleep on her pink blankie by the fireplace early Christmas afternoon, Gerard and Andie snuck off to the kitchen to start the food preparation for the night's festivities. And when the phone rang, they both jumped to answer it, trying to keep it from waking the slumbering princess. Ironically, they both wondered if this might be what it was like to have a newborn to which they would tiptoe around while he or she was sleeping...though neither one would say anything to the other.

"Merry Christmas, Mama," Andie smiled warmly, greeting her mother, before she told her of the surprise that woke her that morning.

By the time the food had been prepared and stored for that evening, it was nearly 5pm already. And, even though they still had to get themselves ready for the guests that would arrive, some before 7pm, Gerard and Andie thought they might finally have a little time alone together. Mr. Way, particularly, had been waiting...mostly patiently...to play with his favorite gift of all time; his wife.

But as luck would have it, Ruby awoke without them knowing, and made an even worse mess on the red rug in the family room.

"Alright, I think we're gonna have to make her sleep in her carrier," Gerard made a face at the smelly mess as he and Andie tried to clean it off the rug moments later. "Frank says they won't go in their beds. So if she thinks of it as her bed..."

And as they gave up on the rug, pouring some detergent on the spot and stuffing it into the washing machine, their home phone rang again. Andie nearly tripped over Ruby as her companion followed her to the kitchen.

"Ruby..." she chastised her, then answered the phone, feeling guilty for having scolded her, and picked up the puppy afterall.

She didn't know any better, did she? She just wanted Andie's attention.

"Merry Christmas, Baby Girl!" Steve beamed on the other end.

Later that evening, as the sun had set at the end of another quiet winter's day, the view from outside the Way's front window was, once again...anything but quiet...as Gerard and Andie had their friends over for a Christmas party in their new home.

*Soundtrack: "Silent Night" by The Dickies*
Think Happy Thoughts Christmas Playlist

In a black chiffon, polka dot babydoll dress, Andie poured the rum eggnog into some glasses, just before Jamia took the tray out to their friends. Gerard, in a grey vest and black blazer, slipped away from their guests, and stood before his wife, slipping his arm around her in the kitchen, shamelessly bringing his mouth to her neck.

"Mmm... Why do you have to smell so fucking good?" He nuzzled her neck as she draped her graceful bare arms around his, laughing. Gerard DID...SO adore that laugh. So he continued, of course. "I'm gonna eat you up."

"Hmm..." Andie's icy blues danced beside his dark hair. "Is that a promise or a threat?"

"That's a fucking promise." He pulled her middle to his, looking down at her figure in that dress, and biting his bottom lip, just as Bob came into the kitchen.

"God, you two! You're fucking married! You were supposed to stop that shit!" he teased a complaint, as Andie lifted her leg to Gerard's hand, and he slid it down her thigh, JUST to get a rise out of their bearded friend.

"Don't you know the rules?" Bob continued harrassing them as he grabbed another barbecue weenie from a platter. "You're supposed to lose interest in sex when you get married."

"What? We don't know anything about those fucking rules," Andie grinned, ruffling Gerard's hair as he continued devouring her neck, absolutely willing to play along.

"Fuck the fucking rules," Gerard added, just as Misty came in the kitchen behind Bob.

"What the fuck, you guys?" She frowned at Gerard and Andie, her hands on her hips. "God. Go upstairs. Please. Spare the rest of us."

Andie took a sip of eggnog, before her red lips mumbled at Gerard's ear, maybe a little too softly. "Maybe we should go back out there."

"Grrrr...." Gerard growled at her neck, still taken with her warmth, and the scent of her sweet perfume. "Fine. But I meant what I said. It's a fucking promise."

He slowly kissed those crimson lips...then licked his own...as hers were SO sweet with that rum eggnog still lingering there.

Out in the living room, the family room, and downstairs in their rec room...were all their friends...enjoying the holiday together. Everyone, that is, except Mikey and Alicia, who hadn't made it in from Missouri in time for the party. Or so they thought...

There was a loud thump at the door, though barely heard over the music, before Gerard opened it wide.

"Sir, are you aware there's a noise ordinance in this county??" Mikey teased his brother, all official-like, as Alicia rolled her eyes beside him, holding a large bottle of Jose Cuervo Black.

"Mikey!" Gerard grabbed his brother in a big hug, as they patted each other's backs hard. "Hey man! I didn't think you guys were gonna make it!"

"What? And miss this??" Mikey grinned.

"Where's that hooker?" Alicia walked in past the embracing brothers, to find Andie, taking a bite of nachos from a tray of food, the cheese dripping down her chin as she wiped it with her finger.

"Alicia! Oh God!" Andie tried to talk with the food in her mouth, grabbing her sister in law in a huge hug. "I thought you guys were at your mom's??"

"We took an earlier flight afterall. Look what I brought you."

Andie took the bottle of tequila as the girls grinned, both recalling Andie's bachelorette party, chiming in unison. "Body shots!"

Downstairs in the rec room, Matt, Jonathan, and Jamia sat around the bar that would finally get some use, as Worm 'bartended', Frank and Matt played Guitar Hero III, as Krista and Misty caught up with one another. But Ray, Bob, and Brian could be found...playing with the equipment in the small recording studio in the corner.

The music from the stereo downstairs matched the sound upstairs, as Gerard now had his wish...the same stereo system wired to speakers mounted in various rooms of the house. Notably, he did NOT purchase this equipment from Sears, believe it or not.

But as these friends did most anytime they all hung out together...they played a song or two. Only this time, they did so from Gerard's little studio downstairs.

*Soundtrack: "All I Want For Christmas" by My Chemical Romance*
Think Happy Thoughts Christmas Playlist

Although Bob had to use the electronic drum set, Ray and Frank brought their own guitars. And Mikey had stopped at his home in Newark for his bass after he and Alicia's flight landed at Newark International. But Gerard? Of course, he carried his instrument with him everywhere he went. Even though it had, at times, been the cause of quite a bit of trouble a time or two...or three...or four...over the past year. Not that his wife wasn't completely used to that by now.

This unique family of 'brothers' all stood together now, playing the way they enjoyed from the start...casually and unrehearsed, and only for the ones they loved...and in a basement in Jersey.

"I don't want a lot for Christmas! There is just one thing I need! And I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree! I don't need to hang my stocking way above the fireplace! Santa Claus won't make me happy with a toy on Christmas Day! I just want you for my own! More than you could ever know! Make my wish come true...baby, all I want for Chistmas is you!"

Jamia, Alicia, Andie, Misty, and Krista all stood together in a row, nodding their heads from side to side in unison, or rolling their arms and pointing...playing along as the guys' own go-go girls.

Everyone WAS a bit tipsy from that rum eggnog...and the Jose Cuervo. Everyone, of course, except Gerard. But, as his wife watched him now, completely untamed and wild, just the way she liked him on occasion, it was quite obvious...he didn't need any alcohol to have just as much fun as everyone else.

And when the guys' significant others started locking arms and skipping around in circles together, they thought they might lose it...laughing at them. But the girls would laugh themselves when Brian decided to join them, only to turn in the wrong direction, running smack into Misty instead.

Upstairs by the fireplace, the group of friends spread out across the family room, following through with their annual Secret Santa gift exchange. Meanwhile, Ruby wandered around, getting more attention than she'd ever had in her short life. But Gerard and Frank thought it would be funny to get Chewy out in his ball to see what happened as the Ways' first pet met his...sibling?

"Dude, I crack up at Chewy in that ball anyway," Frank grinned.

"This oughtta be fuckin' hilarious." Brian crossed arms in front of him, bringing his hand to his chin as he watched.

Of course, Chewy didn't notice the much larger Ruby, as the pup only sniffed the plastic ball first. But as soon as Chewy moved in that ball...Ruby jumped back...startled. And as Chewy continued rolling along like he usually did, minding his own business, it only further frightened the puppy, and she ran to Krista, hiding behind her legs as she sat on the sofa.

"Haha! Check it out!" Gerard laughed. "Andie, Ruby's afraid of my little boy."

"Hey! Don't make fun of Ruby! She'll have issues!" Alicia scolded her brother in law.

But as Chewy started rolling over towards Ruby, she actually started shivering in fright, as Ray and Krista both 'aw'd...until Andie picked up her little treasure.

"Ohhh...it's okay, little girl," she coddled the puppy, giving her husband and now ALL the guys a scowl as they snickered at the poor dog. "Boys are MEAN, aren't they? And they SMELL BAD."

"Fuck yeah, they do," Misty agreed, as Bob looked at her in shock.

But Gerard couldn't stand the newest member of their family being uncomfortable like this either, and relented in his poking fun at the incident. He took Chewy out of the ball, and held him next to his chest, walking over to Andie and Ruby very slowly...and coaxing the dog with his voice.

"Aw, Ruby... You're a good girl. Aren't ya? Aren't you a good girl?"

He stood before Andie as she watched cautiously, scratching Ruby's head and cuddling her next to her chest.

"Look, Ruby. Look at Chewy. Isn't he cute? He is. He's so cute," Gerard ended up doting over his hamster again. "Yes, you are, Chewy. You're the cutest little boy in the whole world!"

"Ahem..." Andie gave her husband a strange look, as everyone else did as well.

"What? He IS cute. You know he is."

And finally, Ruby poked her head out from the protective embrace of her surrogate mother, and sniffed the little hamster...then wagged her tail.

"Okay...what are you gonna do if she chases that thing some day?" Misty pointed out.

But Gerard and Andie just stared at one another with raised eyebrows, neither one having considered that.

*Soundtrack: "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by Coldplay*
Think Happy Thoughts Christmas Playlist

Gerard stood in the driveway, taking Ruby out on her leash. He hugged his brother and Alicia goodbye as Andie came out as well, bundling her peacoat around her tiny waist. And as the last of their guests left, Gerard and Andie stood together, waving as they drove down the winding driveway, then turned to their house together. Gerard slipped his arm around her waist, holding her at his side.

"You were right. This was a great Christmas, Baby." Andie smiled, then turned to her husband.

Gerard slowly looked down into those icy blues, lined in black, with charcoal lids, still looking so stunning, even at this late hour. But that spark was there...just for him. And THAT was the greatest gift of his entire life.

"I love you, An'."

Andie cupped the side of his face in her hand, as their lips met in a tender kiss...the full moon shining down on them. Gerard pulled back slowly, gazing down at her, as he continued his George Bailey impression somewhat, from the night before.

"There it is, Andie. Isn't that what you want? The moon?" Gerard teased his beautiful wife. "Just say it, An'. Now's your chance. I'm sure Sears has something I can use for a lasso."

She giggled at his side, bringing her head against his broad shoulder.

"Ohhh God, I love you..." she said softly. "And I don't need any moon. I just need you."

Just then, Ruby whimpered at Andie's feet.

"She's got a point there," Gerard nodded.

"Oh?" Andie looked up at him again, grinning. "What'd she say?"

"She said get your fucking asses to bed already."

"Ah! She doesn't curse!" Andie picked up the puppy from beside her feet, bringing them nose to nose. "She's a good girl... Aren't you Ruby? Aren't you just a good little girl?"

Mr. and Mrs. Way started into the house together, as Andie's strappy silver sandals stepped onto their front porch, while Gerard held the door for her.

"What I wanna know is...are YOU a good little girl?" he gave her a mischievous grin, she smiled playfully over her shoulder.

Alone in their bed upstairs, deciding Ruby would be better off sleeping in her crate, the events of the day had relaxed Gerard and Andie to the point that they were both in very a touch-feely mood. Andie curled her leg around Gerard's as he took her face in his hand, bringing his lips to hers, melting her on an otherwise cold winter's night with the warmth of his kiss. He slid his hand down to her side, running his palm along her curves, as she slid her leg up to the back of his thigh.

But he hadn't forgotten the promise he made to his lovely bride earlier that evening, and fully intended on making good on it. He pulled back, taking in the sight of her round breasts in the moonlight. A rosy nipple pressed against his palm as he cupped and massaged her flesh, then slid his hand to her side, bringing his mouth to her there, and his arm around to her graceful back. He absolutely enjoyed this treat, himself, and groaned against her milky skin.

Already quite warm from the rum eggnog, Andie moaned at his mouth devouring her, and that rush of feminine pleasure that coursed through her veins at his soft lips...and his tongue, swirling around her nipple. But in her need for him in another way, she was soon pulling him to her, longing to feel his skin against hers.

As his moist lips found hers once more, she lost herself in the moment completely. Their lips parted against one another, before she pulled Gerard's pelvis to hers. She grinned against his mouth as he entered her, sliding her hands over his bottom, pulling him to her deeper yet.

"Mmm...let's make a baby..." she purred against his ear, thrusting herself up against him...igniting him.

For he wanted nothing more than to do just that. Or at least try and try and try again. And Andie, herself, was NOT worrying about what she knew to be true that day.

Gerard made love to his wife on a quiet Christmas night, slowly and tenderly, caressing her warm body beneath him with his own. His fingers touched her soft dark hair at her head, as this need to have his mouth on her had him dragging his lips along her cheek and neck and shoulders. But her own mouth found his shoulder as well, and her hands on his bottom pulled him to her with each thrust...until she came around him. Her heated bliss constricted him within her as her mouth left his shoulder, her head falling back against her pillow, before she let out a quiet 'uhhh'.

Rocking against him as her legs quivered at his sides, Andie pressed her fingers down Gerard's back to his behind again, and down his thighs where she squeezed him, longing to feel every part of him against her, within her. She wanted nothing more than to reward him for the gentle pampering he had shown her. He was both strong and nurturing by nature. Though, like her, he wasn't flawless. But he was her one true love.

For all her life, this man would forever be the one God intended her to love so completely. If nothing else in this world were true, and if they never conceived a chlid, of this one simple fact, she was certain; she and Gerard belonged together. And as he released himself inside her, growling against her neck, the breath from his nostrils blowing at her ear, she pulled his pelvis closer to hers, accepting his final gift of the day.

Gerard laid at Andie's side, brushing her hair off her forehead, kissing her shoulder, as they gazed at one another, both flushed from their effort.

"I love you, An'... I'll love you forever."

Andie snuggled closer to him, her leg, still caressing his, whispering against his ear through her hot breath. "I have a surprise for you, Baby..."

"Hmm? What do you mean?" he squinted, his heart thumping in his chest. He was quite confused...until she continued.

"I'm ovulating..."

He pulled back, staring at her with wild eyes. "Are you really? Seriously?"

Andie just smiled and nodded, her cheeks still pink from making love to him.

"Jesus!" Gerard grinned, climbing over her form once more. "Then we're doing it again!"

Just as he sat upright, pulling her legs around his middle, Ruby's cries could be heard from all the way downstairs, and Andie's brows burrowed in sadness.

"Oh God, listen to her..." she whined, her eyes pleading with Gerard.

"Fine," he caved, sitting back from between her legs, like he had a choice with that pout. "I'll go get her."

He climbed out of bed, slipping his briefs over his slightly remaining erection, and adjusting himself.

"I just hope you know what you're starting. Once you get her sleeping with you, she'll ALWAYS want to."

He left the room as Andie mumbled to herself with raised eyebrows. "And...that's a bad thing?"