Secretly In Love

Insomniac (Chapter 2)

"Hey insomniac." His voice made a smile appear on my face. I turned around and flung my arms around him. I took a deep breath and inhaled the sweet sent of his Prada cologne.

"I only can't sleep when I'm not with you." I mumbled, my voice muffled by his chest. I pulled away and tiptoed to reach his lips. I gently pressed mine to his, and I felt him bend down lower, so I wouldn't have to work so hard.

"I missed you." I stated, as I grabbed his hand, and continued to walk across his yard. The grass was damp, from the late night shower that had gone on earlier in the night. He intertwined our fingers as we slowly walked towards the gazebo. I took a seat on his lap, as he sat down on one of the outdoor lawn chairs.

"You got caught?" He whispered into my hair, as I laid my head in his chest.

"Yeah, but no biggie." I said, trying to brush off the subject of my Mother. As I always wanted to talk to my Mom about this issue we had, I never wanted to mention it to Kevin. I don't like ruining the little time we have with each other over something so dumb.

"I don't get it." He mumbled again, staring off into the starry night sky. I tried to ignore this little comment he made, but inside I was itching to reply.

"Why she doesn't like you?" I asked him, even though I knew that was what he was talking about. I watched the stars carefully, trying to identify any constellations.

"M'hmm." He mumbled, as he ran a hand through my dark brown hair. I sighed and matched my breathing to his, my head rising and falling every breath he took.

"Me either babe." I mumbled, as I closed my eyes slowly. I felt the brisk air on my cheeks, but Kevin's body heat kept me warm.

I flickered my eyes open and groaned at the bright sun shining at my eyes, practically blinding me. I rubbed my eyes and finally took notice to where I was, I felt my heart excelerate as I took all of this into consideration.

"Kev." I mumbled, while standing up. My legs ached from sleeping in a sitting position. I shook him a little, and his eyes slowly opened, and quickly closed at the sight of the sun. "Kevin, get up." I whined, hitting him in the chest. He attempted to open his eyes again, and this time succeeded.

"Crap. We fell asleep." Kevin said, after taking recognition into where we were. I grabbed into my sweatshirt for my phone, I flipped it open and took notice to the time.

"It's 7. My Mom might not be up." I said quickly, actually feeling hope that I may not get caught. He nodded and I bent down to kiss him.

"Love you." I said as I quickly turned and began to walk towards the direction of my house. I heard him faintly call 'Love you too.' as I walked away.

I silently turned the door knob, and took a glance around. I quickly stepped in, I closed the door, being cautious to not make any sound. I took a brief look around the foyer, checking for any clue if my Mother had awoken yet. I assumed she was still asleep and scampered up the stairs. I closed the door to my room silently, and let out a huge sigh of relief. I stepped out of my Old Navy flip flops and kicked them to the side. I threw my self down onto my bed, with a bang.

I jumped slightly as I was almost falling back asleep. Since sleeping on Kevin wasn't as comfortable as it looked. I felt my phone buzzing in my sweatshirt again, but this time it was my ringtone. I quickly grabbed at it, I checked the caller ID and quickly flipped it open.

"Lauren." I said, my voice cheery. I heard her chuckle.

"Hey Em. I have good news." She said, a yawn lingering in her voice. I smiled.

"What is it?" I asked her, Lauren's good news can either be something small or something huge. She was very good at hiding excitement, so I usually had to take a guess on whether it was as important as she made it sound.

"I'm coming home!" She screeched, and my face lit up. Finally, someone I could actually reason with, that wasn't my boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two [: Idk if im doing this right or anything,
im new... if you didnt already know that.
so im probably messing up and all...
but, eh. thanks for reading [:
tell me what you think though :P
PLJ
Kristen <3