Secretly In Love

Broken Promises (Chapter 4)

"Where are you going?" Lauren asked me, as I slid on my flip-flops. I turned around and checked to see if my Mother was in hearing distance.

"To Kevin's." I said, still in a low voice, just incase my Mother was being nosy. Lauren's expression went from a smile to a frown. I rolled my eyes, me thinking that she was playing around, but I guess she wasn't.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." Lauren snapped back. Once her mood-swings kick in, I'm usually the one to go run and hide. My sister is not a calm person, when she is mad... she's mad. You can't calm her down. Even when we were little, a fight over a coloring book could go on for weeks.

"I thought you were playing." I said, trying to end this fight right then and there.

"Why do you have to go and leave now? I'm only here for a week!" She screamed, now trying to make me feel guilty for leaving. I let out another yoga fire breath, trying to bottle up my anger towards my prissy sister right now.

"Shh." I tried to quiet her down, so my Mother wouldn't come down here and hear Lauren's bickering about me going to Kevin's.

"Don't 'shh' me!" Lauren said, standing up from the couch, "I can scream all I want!" Lauren shouted, I heard her voice echo through the upstairs.

"Lauren, please?" I begged, trying to make her stop. I didn't want my Mother to know where I was going, I would simply have to yell at her again. I yelled at my Mother, all the time. But deep inside I hated doing that, but if I didn't I didn't get what I wanted, or get to go where I wanted. If I didn't I wouldn't be able to see Kevin, ever.

"Maybe I wouldn't have to quiet down, If you didn't have a secret boyfriend." Lauren snapped, no longer yelling. I took another deep breath, and closed my eyes. It took almost all of my strength to not yell at her right there. "I think Mom's right." She said, speaking louder than before.

"What?" I spat, my attitude obvious in my voice. She did not just say that. She was the one who helped me from the beginning. She was the one who introduced us. She was the one who I gossiped to about my first kiss with him. She was the one who would make sure my Mother was obvious to me being out, with out her noticing. She was the one who was there all along.

"Yeah, you heard me. Maybe you two aren't right for each other." Lauren spoke loudly, as if she was hoping our Mother would hear. "Maybe you should listen to Mom. Maybe you shouldn't sneak out all the time. Maybe you should tell the truth." Lauren continued to spoke loudly, but this time it sounded like one big sentence. She always did this, trying to pour all of her thoughts into one sentence.

"What are you doing?" I asked, obviously disgusted. I heard the footsteps getting louder, it was obviously my Mother. Lauren smirked, and I opened my mouth in shock.

"I'm just trying to inform you on how it's wrong to be sneaking to Kevin's behind Mom's back all the time." Lauren spoke loudly and clearly, I looked up at the top of the stairs. There stood my Mother, disgusted and angry. Just like always.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey hey hey [:
chapter 4.
Comments? Subs? Readers?
TELL me watcha' think.

xoxo., Krissy