Secretly In Love

People Change (Chapter 5)

"Emma Marie , get up to your room right this instance." My Mother said, speaking through her teeth. I looked back at my Sister who shot me a tight line smile. I turned on my heel and stomped up the stairs, right past my mother.

"I hate you!" I shouted right before slamming the door to my bedroom. I dove into my bed face first and let out a huge groan of anger. I felt hot tears running down my cheeks, smearing my mascara along the way. I always cried when I was angry, in the park when I got pushed off the slide, at school when my pencil case was stolen, at the mall when I was caught 'Stealing' my own sweater. I cried, every time. Once I start, it takes a lot for me to stop.

I reached in my pocket once I felt my phone buzzing again. I flipped open my phone once I saw who it was. "Kevin." I said, in between my silent cries. I wiped my cheeks with the back of my hand, and wiped it across my pants.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Kevin said, sensing something was wrong just by my voice.

"She's against us too." I said simply, not referring a name. I didn't have to use names with Kevin, he was pretty good on assuming the situation and picking out who I was talking about,

"Why?" Kevin said, as a few more tears fell from my eyes.

"I don't know." I said, taking a deep breath in and closing my eyes. I felt more tears well into my eyes, but I pressed them back.

"I'm sorry." Kevin's voice made my tears slow, when ever I was near him I couldn't be sad. Once, about a year ago, my dog ran away, and I cried for 2 days straight. Once I saw Kevin, my tears just stopped and my smile returned. I couldn't stay sad or angry around him, it was physically impossible.

"For what? My bitchy sister?" I managed to let out a small laugh, see... physically impossible.

"No, for everything that happened to you since I met you. Everything seemed to go wrong once I met you. Your Mom flipped, your sister left, your dog ran away, your cousin got into the horrible crash." Kevin trailed off, and I took a deep breath, trying to forget all the horrible things Kevin just mentioned that happened to me over the past year and a half.

"Yeah, but the best thing that ever happened in my life also took place." I said, trying to stay on the positive side.

"What would that be?" Kevin asked me, unaware of the obvious.

"I met you." I said, a small smile appearing on my face.

"Oh. Yeah, that." Kevin said, as if it would happen everyday. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"Are you coming?" Kevin asked, after silent overcame both him and I. I sighed.

"I'll try. No promises." I said, looking towards the door. The light was out in the hall, meaning someone had came to shut it off. I rolled my eyes at the thought of my sister and went back to the phone.

"Alright, I got to go though babe." Kevin said, and I heard the door open on his side of the phone.

"Kevin, you have to watch Frank." I heard Joe said through the phone. "Who's that?" Joe asked him. I smiled.

"Em." Kevin said, I smiled when I heard Joe just go "Oh." Joe was Kevin's younger brother. He was a kid at heart, and I loved that about him. Joe was for Kevin and I. He believed that this whole 'I can't see Kevin' thing was lame and pointless. I remember him first saying 'You don't choose love, love chooses you.' I'm Joe's age. Lauren always asked me why I didn't like Joe, and why I didn't go out with him. I always reminded her about his girlfriend, but she just ignored that fact. Something about her curiosity made me belief that she like Joe herself.

"Bye babe." Kevin hung up, and I felt the tears return. My savior was gone, so my tears returned.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry, i forgot about posting!
dumb computer :|

tell me if you're reading... or if you like it <3