Status: In deliberation.

Fat Dancer

20

The white fluff that surrounded Mackenzie as she walked out of the airport wasn't exactly comforting. To her snow had always been a sign of romance. The romance that she lacked was shoved in her face by the snow. Careful not to mess up her make up she didn't cry.

A man with a piece of cardboard reading her name entered her vision. He was a heavy set man with salt and pepper hair, the kind of man that you trust just from the kind expression on their face. He was standing next to a jeep looking vehicle, something that could get through the building snow, I'm sure.

"Hello. I'm Mackenzie Haner, I believe I'm who you're looking for." She pinned a fake smile on her face.

"Yes, yes Ms.Haner." He opened the door while he grinned toward me.

The ride to the unknown destination was quiet there wasn't any conversation between the driver and Mackenzie. She was left to her thoughts as the rode down the rough road. The thought consisted mostly of Zacky and what this whole thing is about. Her eyes followed every clump of snow she could spot, just like she would with rain when she was thinking.
How could he of done that to her? Better yet why? Does he want her back? All questions that floated through her head. She hoped to get the answers she needed when she saw him. Or may be she wouldn't want the answers; they might hurt her to much.

The signs she saw on the roads told her she was in Aspen. The bumpy road she was on; now that she looked closely, was going up the side of a mountain. Why would Zacky want to meet her there? Sure it's romantic but why? What was on the mountain…the beautiful snowy mountain? What could possibly be on a mountain?

The car had a sudden stop and the man whose name she learned was Evan opened his door then came to mine and did the same. She was hit by the sharp cold, and all she could see ahead of her was a light. Her eyes had to be closed because of the ice. When she opened them she could see Zacky's bright emerald eyes and his hand went for hers. He didn't say a word, which is to be understood. Anyone would be nervous in his position as well as Mackenzie's.

She let him hold her hand purely out of the incoherent state she was in. Of course even if she did know what was going on she wouldn't have pulled away seeing as she had no clue where she was going and well she couldn't see.

She heard Zack open a door and she finally kept her eyes open. She felt a warm gust of wind blow at her giving her the sign that she was inside somewhere. If you took one long look at Zacky you would come to the conclusion that he was almost as much of a mess as she was.

His eyes were weaker than they normally were, his face looked exhausted, and his clothes were the only thing about him that looked as stunning as they normally did. His hair was gelled to perfection.

His looks made Mackenzie self conscious, he may look like a mess, but in her eyes he would never be as much of a mess as her. She knew that her eyes were a dark shade of purple. She knew her lips were chapped and her hair unhealthy due to lack or treatment. In her eyes he had been just fine without her. Her eyes were clouded by the fact that she thought she would never be good enough for anybody.

As they came around a corner in the building a woman standing behind a counter asked Zack for reservation information and he told her his last name and they were lead to a table. Their table was in a private alcove by a window so they could see the snow. He had planned all of this and Kenzie couldn't believe it.

No one said anything for the longest time. It was all very awkward. Kenzie was still felling self conscious with him practically staring at her in awe. What the awe really was and what she thought it was was two totally different things. He couldn't believe that he had let them be apart so long or even worse that he had actually cheated on her in the first place. In his eyes she was absolutely perfect. In her eyes she was disgusting.

The waiter got their drinks and still nothing was said. Finally Zacky spoke up.

"Mackenzie, please talk to me." His voice was strained, as she was snapped back to reality.

"I don't really know what to say." She was already near tears at just hearing his voice.

"I…I'm so sorry baby girl." He tried.

"I know, is there a specific reason you wanted me here?" She got a bit bold there.

"Sugar I missed you. We'll get to the reason after dinner." He confused the hell out of her.

"Um okay." She let it go.

The dinner came and went and still she didn't know what was going on. As they were getting up to leave he grabbed her hand once again, and started to gently drag her toward the door. Once they were out they were hit by the cold again. She heard a car door open and a heavy coat was placed over her shoulders, warming her almost instantly.

He grabbed her hand and she was once again being lead somewhere. Lights were the next thing she saw, lighting up an intimate setting of roses on a picnic blanket which was on the ground. The lights made everything look so beautiful.

"Take a seat." He instructed.

"Kay."

She sat on the blanket and he followed soon after.
"I wrote something for you." He said pulling the guitar from beside him. She hadn't noticed the guitar before but now it was evident.

She was in awe at his beautiful voice as he sung to her, in so much awe that all she heard was the sound of his voice. She missed most of the words, staring into his eyes. She was brought back to reality and she heard the last part of the song…the important part.

'It's been a while since I've seen you and it
Seems everything's been backwards I haven't been able to breathe without you, been just getting by
Your bright eyes used to light up my life and now that you're gone I live in a shadow
I miss you, I know I was wrong, and now I'm ready to admit it, Can we try this thing again? My life seems to have no explanations without you in it
I don't know what happens next because it's up to you so
What comes next for us?
What comes next for us baby?'


I heard him whisper 'this' under his breath.
A small velvet jewellery box was pulled out from his pocket. She didn't even notice him do it.

"Mackenzie Ruby Haner, I love you, I want us to put this whole thing behind us, in my eyes you're perfect will you marry me?"

She answered him with what they had both been wanting the whole time they were apart. She was at a loss for words so she kissed him.

"It’s a yes then?" He asked her, she just nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
READ
If you don't already know, our co writer has left us and I had no idea that she was leaving. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to continue this to the end or not. I want to know if I should or not. If I get enough encouragment to finish it I will If I don't I wont. I pretty sure I'm capable of writing this by myself. The only thing is that even when we were writing together I felt you guys suppored her more so than me so this is up to you guys.

Sorry,
Veraalyn Mackenzie