Just A Misunderstanding

One

-Matt-
I sat quietly on the plane, my hands unable to sit still as I made my way home from the war. I had been there for longer than a year, not seeing my wife, or my two daughters and son. My wife, June, gave birth to our first daughter, Reese, 16 years ago as of yesterday. Our second daughter, Amy was born 9 years ago, and our son Daniel only 4. I was excited to finally get to see them. The plane finally landed and I was able to get a ride from one of the guys.

+
I waved bye to my buddy, throwing my bag over my shoulder and heading for the house. I unlocked it and opened the door. I heard a weird noise coming from upstairs, but I refuse to let my mind jump to any drastic conclusions. I set my bag down, calling out to see if anyone was home. I didn’t get an answer so I headed upstairs.

"June?" I called, opening the door to my room. The sight before me shocked me into anger. I sighed, closing the door. I slowly made my way back downstairs, getting my phone out of my pocket. I picked up my bag, grabbing my keys off the hook. I dialed Lt. Revell's number, opening the overhead door of the garage, getting in my Hummer.

"Hey, Lt. Revell? It's Matt. When does the next plane leave for Iraq?"
♠ ♠ ♠
:) first chapter for Ashley.
Loves you!! :)

leave a comment for my story!