Just A Misunderstanding

Eight

-June-
I drove to my sister's house, trying my hardest not to cry. I picked up Dan, and went to pick up Amy. When we got home, I explained to them that Reese was grounded and to leave her alone. They both went outside to play on the playground. I decided to give Leana a call, to see what she was doing with James.

We talked for about an hour when the phone beeped, signaling a call on the other receiving line. I said goodbye and clicked over.

"Hello, this is Lt. Revell, calling to speak to a Mrs. Sanders?" I raised an eyebrow.

"This is she..." I said, not being able to hide the hint of worry.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Sanders. But Matt has been shot and killed while on a tour of Iraq..." he sighed. I instantly started crying, falling to my knees.

"N-no! He's not dead....Shaun...I didn’t get to see him yet! Please don’t tell me this is true! Please!" I screamed, not daring to think that he was dead.

"June...I'm so sorry...we're going to bring his body back there...and you can decide where we can have his funeral. I'm really really sorry June..."

"Shaun, please! Don’t do this to me!"

"June...I'll see you when I get back there with him, okay?"

"o-okay..." I cried, hanging up the phone.

"M-mom? Mom what-s happening!?"

+

Lt. Shaun came to my house, Matt...Really dead. I cried over his body for as long as Shaun would let me. He pried me away and let them take his body away. We made the plan to have him buried in the Cape, where he loved to spend his time, doing what he loved. Reese cried, nonstop for days. Amy was just old enough to understand what had happened, but not why. Daniel was too young to understand any of it, and only kept asking, where's daddy. There was one thing I was thankful for. There was only one reason; I was able to make it through his death. His funeral and telling Dan why daddy wasn’t coming home each day.

My sister, Ashley. I want to say thank you, for everything. You are the best.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end. and it all goes out to, Ashley

love you :)

COMMENT!!!