Status: Complete

Lost in a Memory

Sigh

"Meghan was a normal girl, until the day she married Mr. Frank Iero of My Chemical Romance. Since then, she's become famous, going everywhere with the band. She seems as close to them as the guys are with each other. Is this the real truth or is it just an allusion. Is she really the force that's driving them apart?"

Meghan slammed the newspaper on the counter. She couldn't bear to read anymore. Driving them apart! She thought. How could it say that! They are as close as ever, and I still get time with my husband.

He mind lingered on that word. Husband. It seemed like a dream that she was married to Frank. It was too good to be real. How could a simple city girl of a mere 5 feet and strait blonde hair, marry the rhythm guitarist of her favorite band.

She glanced back down at the newspaper. Just then, it began moving on the counter. The whole house was shaking. She ran to the next room and dived under the table. Her delicate fingers grasped the lacquered rosewood as she waited for the shaking to stop. She closed her eyes tight and grabbed the leg of the table so hard her knuckles turned white.

Her eyes opened and found that she was lying in bed, soaked with sweat. A nightmare! Or was it? She reached over and turned on the lamp next to her bed. Looking around the room, she saw minor damage, but enough to support a larger earthquake.

Meghan took a quick glance at the clock that lay under the lamp. 5:30. "Ugh," she groaned. Instead of going back to sleep for an hour, she decided to pick up the house now. If she didn't, her tendency to procrastinate would take over.

As she got out of bed, her silky soft PJ bottoms trailed along her mattress, and fell of to airily wrap around her leg. Her imprinted tan hand reached down for a picture-less frame.

~What had happen to her? She'd gone from being everywhere; the news, papers, magazines, the Internet, to being forgotten, all alone in the big world. Why? Simple answer. One man did all this to her. Frank Iero. ~


"Frank."

"Mm mm?"

"You know I love you right?" Meghan's brown eyes shone as they traced his face while the two lay cuddling on the couch.

His hazel eyes glanced up her face until they got to her eyes. Both sets locked onto each other, staring in unbroken silence. "Only if you know love you more," finally pierced the deadly silence. His eyes showed it. His faced showed it. His body language showed it. Meghan had no reason to believe that inside him, a cold, hollow feeling rained supreme. She had no reason to believe that he was lying. But oh how he wished it were true. How much did he wish everyday that he could spend the rest of his life with her, but he could never live that lie.


Meghan blinked, releasing more tears from her eyes. She looked down at the picture frame, clinging to her chest, speckled with tears. She put it back on its shelf and looked at her hands. The imprints were gone. How long had she been standing there? She snapped her head to look at the clock. 6:00. Damn!

She still had half an hour before she was supposed to be up, so it was decided a shower was needed. She tentatively walked into the bathroom, as if someone else might be in there. Yea right! The only other person who would use that bathroom was gone: his presence out of her life forever.

She snapped back to reality and turned on the shower. As she waited for it to heat, Meghan pealed off the shoulders of her nightgown and let it fall to the floor. She stepped out of the pile of clothes, and into the now soothing shower.

Her mind, and now body, was in a fragile state. She could feel every drop of water that trickled down her honey glowing skin, moving in slow motion. She leaned against the wall of the shower, the cold of the tile not registering on her warm body. Her knees buckled and she landed on her butt, absorbed in another memory.


"Get away from me!"Meghan screamed as she ran to hide behind the couch. She turned his back to him and formed the fetal position, her straight brown hair falling over her face, and draping her knees that were pressed to her chest.

"Meghan- I- I'm sorry. But why are you screaming at me!?" the voice that started with compassion, transformed into one with frustrated curiosity; All in the span of one sentence.

"If you were really Frank, you wouldn't be breaking up with me. He said he loved me and-" she was forced to stop by the sobs that chocked her voice. He walked around the couch, and crouched down low. His hand found it's way to her shoulder. "Don't touch me!" She screamed, more tears running down her face, soaking though her hair. With that, he stood up and left, without another word. It would be the last time she saw him in person, for a long time.


Meghan blinked and looked up, instantly regretting it. Water pounded her eyes, making them sting even more. She stood and finished her shower fast. As she stepped out, she grabbed a towel to cover herself. Not like there was anyone she needed cover from.

Later that morning, she lay across her table, staring at the ceiling. What was wrong with her this morning! She was utterly a mess, all depressed and thinking of him. Why couldn't she stop! It had been two years since the silence, and he had finally come clean a year ago, and broke up with her, shattering her heart in the process. Only a few months ago, he had shared with her his reasons.


~briiiiiiiiiiiiiing~ ~briiiiiiiiiiiing~ Meghan rushed for the phone, trying to grab it before they hung up. ~briiiiiiii- "Hello?"

"Meghan?" A shaky voice asked, uncertain. That one word was enough to stab her heart. It had been months since that voice was talking to her.

"Are you there?" She started breathing again, realizing she had stopped.

"What Mr. Iero!" She said, with emphasis on the Mr.

"Look, if you never talk to me again, I understand, but at least let me explain why I caused you so much pain, and let me apologize." Her eyes glared into nothingness as she retorted.

"What makes you think you'll be allowed to?"

"Look! Just listen to me before I die of guilt. I liked you, I really did and would never want anything to happen to you. I just couldn't make myself say I love you, and mean it. All those times, I was lying, which is why I never said it often. I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you, but the longer I led you on, the worse it would get. Can you ever in the slightest way possible forgive me?"

She heard his sobs. He heard hers. That is, until the phone clicked, and Meghan sank to the floor. She wasn't enough. He didn't love her.

~It's just like a high school relationship~ A voice said.

*But we are adults now. Is it supposed to still hurt this much?* One argued back.

Meghan sat there for who knows how long, just letting her consciousness argue.


She eventually got off the table, and gathered her purse. She went to her car and started to drive to work, wishing she could just forget about him and everything that had happened.

Getting mentally lost when driving is not a smart thing to do, but she could do nothing to prevent it. The lights in her face brought her back, just long enough to see the car hit hers, and the windshield smash.

She woke up to a face slapping her gently. "Oh. My. God! What happened to you!"
Her friend Sabby screamed! "First I don’t' see you in who knows how long, like 2 years or so, then I get called in because you were in a car crash!"

"Was I?" Meghan asked, unsure of the answer.

"You don't remember!!" She explained suddenly worried. "But you know who I am right?"

"Yes. You're Sabby. And I love you madly."

"OK good!! But what year is it?"

Sabby look horror struck at the answer: "2006." Looks like Meghan got her wish after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANX FOR READING ^^

HOPE YOU ENJOYED :)(: