Status: Complete

I Think I'm Straight

Love Bites

I'm a vampire: on a mission. I need to find someone! I can't spend all of eternity alone. Doesn't matter how many girlfriends I have, I'm alone forever. I can't stand the thought of turning someone into this without knowing we'll be together forever. That is... until we're married and happy together, I refuse! She did it to me; I can't do it to anyone else. It's hell: to be alive forever with no one. It didn't start that way. I had her, but she left. Why? Eliza you broke my heart. That piece you tore will never re-grow. It will always remain in your clutches; it's only use to bring me pain and sorrow. My life serves no purpose. Maybe I should just find a stake...

No! This miserable existence happened for a reason. Even If It's filled with sorrow. Enough sorrow to make me cry, which I promptly began to. Tears hot and fast began pouring out of my eyes, burning through my almost extinct ego. Men don't cry. But then, to be men, you have to be a man, which I can't call myself. I can call myself a creature of the night, but not a man. The word it's self burns like a fire on my tongue. Not because I hate man. No. The exact opposite. I hate that word because it reminds me of what I was, and what' I'm not, and all because of her.

While I was sitting here on the couch in perfect silence, my roommate Frank came in to me staring at nothing, balling my eyes out. We've been roommates for who knows how long, and best friends for more. As soon as he saw me sitting here with tear stained checks, he ran over and sits next to me, arm around my shoulders. "Sugar what's wrong?" he questioned, face laced with concern, and began to wipe away my falling tears.

I tried to stop sobbing enough so he could understand me, but I ended up crying harder. Man I feel like a woman! Oh wait, I'm not human- not helping! I couldn't do it. I couldn't just turn and look at his puppy eyes and tell him I'm crying because I'm alone. It hurt too much to even think about. I could barley say how my heart ached for Eliza when I was calm. No way could I admit I was having a breakdown over a girl. Oh wait... she's not a girl. She's a creature!

Instead of looking at Frank, I leaned on him. The hand that was on my shoulder slid down to my stomach, and the hand wiping away my tears began stoking my hair, almost in a mother like fashion. We sat there for who knows how long; me gently crying, and Frank saying comforting phrases like "Shh baby it's OK," the entire time.

Eventually, as my tears slowed and stopped, I began to grow sleepy. Who knew being depressed could tire you out this much. I thought about going to my bed... but I was too tired and Frank was really comfy. It didn't take anything more than those two thoughts and I was asleep.

My first thought when I woke up was why is this couch so comfy. Then I realized I wasn't on a couch, I was on a person! Not just any person, but Frank! My roommate who knew I was a vampire, was always there for me, and had the most gorgeous eyes I'd ever seen! Shit! Did I just think that! I must be tired! What time is it? I gently got off Frank so I wouldn't wake him and walked over to the bedroom. I didn't dare open the blinds, just in case it was a sunny day. Here in Canada, we don't get much of those at this time of the year, but they happen once in a while. The clock read 9:37. I turned on the TV to the weather channel and it looked like it was meant to be sunny. Good thing I didn't open the blinds! "Gerard?" Franks' voice wavered in from the other room.

I walked into the other room to see Frank sitting up rubbing his eyes. Damn! He looked cute when he did that... wait- WHAT AM I THINKING! He's a guy! I'm a guy! I JUST BROKING UP WITH THE BITCH OF MY LIFE WHO TURNED ME INTO A VAMPIRE AND LEFT ME! Why the fuck am I thinking Frank Iero is hot! I can't believe this. OK-wait I'll be like that damn train that everyone thinks is SO inspirational. Only- I think I'm straight. I think I'm straight. I think I'm straight. I hope I'm straight.

"Oh Gerard! There you are! I got worried." Awe it's hard to resist. His eyes are genuinely filled with concern. But I don't want to throw away years of friendship for a chance that probably would simmer and flare out in my face.

I sat down next to Frank and allowed myself to look into his eyes for the first time since before last night. Damn! Why did they have to be so caring? I didn't realize I had spaced out, until Frank shook me that is. What' worse, it had spaced out in his eyes. Cliche I know, but true. "Gerard! I said are you OK?"

"Oh! Ummm I guess. Sorry. I guess I'm still tired."

"Ya, well the couch isn't the best place for a nap."

"Oh it was plenty comfy enough-" shit! What did I just say? Well it looks like I'm not the only one whose checks are going a bit rosier. Woah! I just caught my reflection, and they are actually normal color! Not the sickly pale I've been forced to live with these days. It's actually not being a vampire that causes skin color to change; it's the complete and total lack of sunlight.

"Well I'm glad. You know you're really light. Have you stopped eating again." I froze. It was something I never wanted him to know! I didn't want him to know I was so depressed I starved myself. If he did, he might leave and I would lose the only one close to me.

"Umm... no."

"You hesitated. Gerard. Tell me the truth. It's OK."

"I like you." And then I thought. And then I got up fast. Not fast enough. He grabbed me and forced me to sit down.

"Baby, I like you too." What!

"Really?!"

"Yes. I know it hasn't been long since... you know. But I'll always be here for you."

"Really Frank?" why did he turn me into mush!

"Yes. But it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to die part way to always."

Why was he so sweet? No! I couldn't. I'm not going to marry Frank! But he was my best friend. "I'll bite. But we cant' do this Frank. We have to stay friends."

"As long as I'm with you, it doesn't matter what we are." He leaned back slightly, leaving exposed skin on his neck. I could see his scorpion tattoo in perfect detail. Hmm what better place to hide a bite, than over a tattoo.

"OK Frank, from now on your scorpion is going to have eyes." He nodded as I leaned in to bite his neck. Wow! His neck tasted better with me thinking I'm straight.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANX FOR READING ^^

HOPE YOU ENJOYED :)(: