Status: Hiatus: Most likely indefinitely

It Brought Me To You

I Don't Wanna Cry

The first thing I saw where wheels. As in, a wheelchair! Oh no! How badly where they hurt? Wait- it's a hospital. They move everyone around in wheelchairs. The breath I was holding came out in a big whoosh.

Slowly I looked up from the wheels, not wanting to think whom I wish it was. I didn't want to have to pick only one family member. When I got to the face, I was astonished to see it was none of my family, but rather one of the most gorgeous boys I'd ever seen. His black with a touch of red and blue hair swept downwards, lightly covering his piercing green eyes. Those eyes were the most brilliant green I'd ever seen, making me temporarily ashamed of my brown ones.

I hastily broken eye contact once I got over the shock of his eyes, leaving me free to take in the rest of him. He didn't look injured, but then I noticed his hands, arms, and other various areas of the body were bandaged in that white cotton kind.

"Lucia," the nurse started, "This is Ryan. He saw the crash and helped save your life." I jerked back to look at him. Is he the reason I'm alive and no one else is?

The nurse let go of his chair and started out. "I should really let you two talk. I'll be right here if you need anything." Then she was gone.

Ryan stood up from his chair and came and sat on the bed. "Sorry about the chair, it looked like it freaked you out. It's just they wouldn't let me walk over. Hospitals. Go figure."

I stayed silent, staring at his bandages, trying to figure out what they were from and if I'd seen him at the crash. I guess he noticed because he said, "I got these from the car. They're burns. It sort of exploded and caught on fire. Do you remember? I tried to pull some of your family out." I'm sure my eyes must have been bulging. Explosion? Fire? I shook my head no. "Well, you were already out of the car, but I wasn't sure how conscious you were so I pulled you far away from the car. I know they have a high explosion rate if their engine gets smashed so I ran back to try and get the rest of your family out. Your mom and dad, er, I'll tell you the rest later." Thank you! I silently praised him. I didn't want to hear anymore. I was already crying. First the crash, then the explosion, then what sounds like a fire; why is everything reminding me how impossibly alone I am. There is no chance that anyone else lived.

Once again today, I was balling my eyes out. He just watched me, looking uncomfortable, trying to figure out what to do with a girl sobbing right next to him. I guess it finally clicked because he scooted more on the bed, and gently brought me to his chest. "Shh it's ok," he said, gently rubbing my back.

"No it's not! I have no family! They're all gone! How is that ok?" I sat up, daring my tears to stop. It didn't work. "To top it off I'm such a weak pathetic thing! I can't stop these god damn tears!" I let out a frustrated "ugh" and went to lean back on the pillows, but he hastily grabbed my arm.

"Hey! It's ok. You're not weak." His voice was so tender and caring, his eyes were searching my face. "I think you're strong. Most people who just went through what you did wouldn't even be able to talk or function." Oh wow! He was leaning towards me. Is Ryan going to kiss me? I've only known him twenty minutes.

Suddenly a sharp pain ripped through my body. I let out a short screech and grabbed my abdomen. Ryan jumped at my sudden outburst then grabbed my arms. "Are you alright?" he asked quickly, panicking.

I couldn't reply, only gasp and nod. "Are you sure? That doesn't look ok." I tried to tell him that I was fine but visions began playing on the back of my eyelids, distracting me. Snow. Trees. Skis. Blood! A heart broken family. A disfigured body!

"Go away! I can't take it!" I screamed to the visions. "Go away! Please," I begged. I knew it wouldn't do any good. It was only a matter of time. Ryan was shouting my name, but his voice was already fading. The black blanket was slowly closing in. Hello old friend. It seems we just met. Ryan was shaking me, holding my unconscious state at bay, barley.

"Lucia! Please! Talk to me! Stay here with me!" I managed to look up at him quickly, and had my mouth open to speak when another surge of pain rushed through me. No words came out, but rather one more scream. His grip tightened but I ignored it. Every resistance just hurt that much more. I give up! I surrendered and let the blanket cover me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Story title from:
I Don't Wanna Cry - Mariah Carey

Ya it's short, but it's full of stuff :) Comments much apreciated XD

HOLY CRAP! 3 chapters and 8 subscribers O_O OMG!! You guys rock!! Thank you so much! :) *gives huggles and leaves a box of free puppys* :D THANK YOU!

And Since you're so amazing, you should go check out an equally amazing story: Fly Away With Me written by the lovely Lurking_shadow GO! DO IT! You know you wanna :)