Status: Completed

Unexpected

ch. 14

I sank down onto my bathroom floor directly across from the door. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them; never taking my eyes off of the door.

I waited for him to force the door open.

I waited….

Waited….

Kevin’s POV

I felt like screaming when I ran into Cassie’s room and saw that she was gone.

“Where IS she!?!?”

Leslie and Gabby were still kneeling against Cassie’s bedroom window. But they were staring at the closed door that led to Cassie’s bathroom.

“Wow….”

“Damn I don’t think she’s EVER moved THAT fast…EVER!!!!”

I slammed my fist against the wall in sheer frustration.

“Where the HELL is she!?!?”

I watch has Leslie and Gabby snapped back into focus and looked at me. They both looked at each other, then at me, then at the closed bathroom door, and back and each other. They shrugged their shoulders, stood up, and pointed at the closed bathroom door.

“In there”

“Good luck.”

I let out a HUGE sigh of relief. FINALLY some cooperation.

“Thank-you”

I walked up to the closed bathroom door, took a deep breath and knocked.

“Cassie?”

Cassie’s POV

I heard Leslie and Gabby give away my position. So, of course, not too long after that I heard someone knock on the other side of the closed door.

“Cassie?”

I froze.

It was Kevin.

He knocked again.

“Come on Cassie I know you’re in there.

I let out the breath I hadn’t known I had been holding but still said nothing.

I could faintly hear everyone else leave my room and shut the door behind them.

Kevin knocked once more.

“Cassie please open up”

I could sense the annoyance mixed with sadness in his voice. It broke my heart to hear him sound like this.

I watched the doorknob turn has he tried to open the door and I felt the tears welling up in my eyes.

“Please Cassie…please let me in…please Cass…please just open the door.”

I stayed frozen. I didn’t know what to say, what to do.

“God Cassie just answer me! Just tell me that you hear me!....Please”

I just sat there…staring at the door.

A loud band gave away his increasing frustration.

“God Cassie answer me!”

I looked around me hoping to find something that would tell me what to do. But , of course, there was nothing, nada, zip, zulce.

I was suddenly over come with anger and pain at myself and at my life.

Without thinking I grabbed my nearby brush and chucked it at the door.

“JUST GO AWAY!!!!”
♠ ♠ ♠
^_^
another chapter for my loyal reader!