Status: Completed

Unexpected

Ch. 19

Kevin’s POV

My heart gave a solid throb. I felt the tears coming and my heart starting to break

“Whaa…wh…what?”

“I can’t, don’t want to be with you”

My heart stopped again.

What was going on?

Cassie’s POV

My heart was breaking and my eyes were welling up with tears. I didn’t want to do this but I had no choice. I couldn’t do this. There was no way we could do this. Be together. It just wasn’t going to work.

“But…we…we were…I…I don’t…I don’t understand.”

“I know”

“But…I love you”

My heart broke even more has the tears spilled down my face.

“Please…just go”

Kevin’s POV

I took a step back staring at the bathroom door. I could feel the pain rising…and the anger.

“FINE!!!!”

I left her bedroom slamming the door shut behind me. I ran out of her house and across the street to mine. I ran up to my room and slammed my door shut before throwing myself onto my bed.

This was worse than the car accident.

Way way WAY worse.

Cassie’s POV

Has soon as I heard my bedroom door slam I slid down onto my bathroom floor and lost it.

I started to second guess my decision. Did I do the right thing?

Or did I just make a HUGE mistake and lost the man I love.

2 Weeks Later

I sat on my swing in my backyard. My cell phone clutched in my hand. I was waiting.

Waiting for Kevin.

I had made a mistake. I couldn’t live without him. I just couldn’t.

These past 2 weeks had been murder. To both me AND Kevin. This was why I was now sitting on my swing, next to Kevin’s swing. Hoping he would show up.

Kevin’s POV

I stood outside of my house. I was still debating whether or not I was going to go meet Cassie or not. i had gotten a text from Cassie. I flipped my phone open to re-read her text:

I lied. Meet me at our swings and I’ll tell you the truth…I promise

I took a deep breath and headed toward Cassie’s house; flipping my phone closed has I walked and sliding it into the back pocket of my jeans.

I slowly opened the gate to her backyard and walked along side of her house and around the back to see Cassie sitting on her swing, staring at the ground. I walked up to her but stayed back by multiple feet.

“Well…”

Cassie’s head shot up.

“…I came”

Cassie’s POV

I was so glad that Kevin had come.

“Thank-you”

“Don’t thank me”

“O…kay”

“Explain”

I suddenly froze again. He only wanted to know the truth. He didn’t want to see me like I wanted to see him.

I took a deep breath.

“Do you want to sit down?”

“Actually I’d rather stay here”

I flinched at the mixture of hate and pain that was apparent in his voice.

“Okay…well…I’m sorry”

“For what?”

“Lying to you”

“You’re forgiven for that”

“Thank-you”

He wasn’t moving. He was just still standing there, staring at me intently; like he was scrutinizing everything about me.

“Well”

Kevin’s voice brought me back to reality.

“What?”

“Stop staring off into space and tell me the truth”

I took a deep breath and stood up, taking a small step towards him.

“The truth is…”

Kevin was still staring at me.

“…I still want to be with you. And…and I shouldn’t have said otherwise. It’s just…I was…scared…”

Immediately Kevin’s face softened.

“Scared? Why would you be scared?”

“Because…”

“Because why?”

“Because…Because you’re this rock star! And you…you are gone SO much and you have so much to do and so much going for you and…you don’t need me! You don’t have the time to be with me. You’re always so busy.”

“But…Joe and Leslie…Gabby and Nick…they manage...”

“But…but…you…you were just in an accident. You have enough stress right now and you don’t need more!”

Kevin’s eyes never looked away from my face has he thought deeply about something.

He moved slowly towards me.

Finally he spoke so softly that i could hardly hear him.

“I’ll quit”

“Quit what?”

“Being a rock star”
♠ ♠ ♠
HOLY CRAP DID SHE JUST DO THAT!?!?!?!
YES I DID!!!!!!!
lol
so i'm bored and really just want to get this story all posted so here it is.
the final chapter is next.
^_^