Status: Completed

Unexpected

Ch. 9

~ Current Time ~

I was STILL out of it come 6 a.m. when Kevin’s mom, Mama Jonas, came in to check on Kevin.
Apparently she had stopped short when she saw me lying next to Kevin, my hand in twined with his and a HUGE smile across my face.
She told me later that all she did was smile, whisper “finally”, and leave.
She made sure no one and I mean NO ONE (except doctors DER) entered the room and disrupt us.
She said that she wanted me to get my sleep…and that we just looked so cute together that she didn’t want to disrupt us.
And I’m glad she didn’t.

~ About 2 Days Ago ~

I sat watching the sunset from my bedroom window. I watched has Kevin came out of his house, climbed into his car and left. Little did I know at the time but that would be the last time I saw him so full of life before the accident.
The accident that is threatening the man I love’s life.
I went about my night has I usually did except for I didn’t get my nightly text from Kevin saying goodnight. But I just pushed that aside and went to bed.
I woke up the next morning has usual and got ready. I had just eaten something when my phone rang….
And I know...we get a little crazy…
I answered my phone happily.
“Hey Joe what’s up?”
Joe sniffled on the other end of the line.
“What’s wrong Joe?”
“Something happened.”
“What? Joe you’re scaring me…..what’s going on?”
“It’s Kevin….he…he…”
“JUST SPIT IT OUT JOE!!!!”
“He was in a car accident”
I stood where I was, my mouth open.
“Cassie…Cassie are you there…Cass”
My phone slipped from my hand and hit the floor. My world started spinning and I started to feel faint. Not to mention that my breakfast was coming back up again.
I ran to my bathroom and threw-up my breakfast.
Gabby had heard Joe screaming through my still open phone and had picked it up. Immediately she was crying and coming to see if I was okay.
When she reached me I was sitting on the bathroom floor crying silent tears.
“Cassie….”
I slowly started to get up.
“Cassie…I’m so sorry…..”
“Let’s go”
I started to leave the house, Gabby not far behind. We met Leslie on our way out. She was crying and immediately pulled me into a tight hug.
When we arrived at the hospital we ran for his room and were surrounded by Mamma and Papa Jonas, Joe, Nick, and Frankie.
Once I was let go I sat down in the chair closest to Kevin’s bed.

~ Current Time ~

I finally work up somewhat refreshed. I looked up at Kevin who was still fast asleep.
I wonder when he’ll wake up.
Being careful not to disturb Kevin I slowly sat up and climbed off of Kevin’s bed. I untangled my hand from his and went into his bathroom.
I looked at my self in the mirror and tried to smile but I could only frown.
After washing my face I started to leave the bathroom but stopped short.
My eyes opened wide and my mouth dropped open.
I was frozen where I stood.

“Hi Cassie”