The Adventure

Here we go.

I opened up my half-sized, tan locker. I'm eternally grateful that I got the top locker this year. It's a pain in the butt to have the bottom locker. You always get kicked in the shin or have to deal with other peoples' asses in your face while you're trying to fight with your numerous text books that have avalanced over the exact book or folder you need. I feel bad for Sarah, though. She got the bottom locker this year and last year. Sarah has been my locker buddy since I met her freshman year. I came up from the middle school while she came from St. Mary's across the street. No, I guess the alphabet wasn't on her side this year.

But the alphabet is on my side... Let me explain.

For the past three years, I've had the biggest crush on this guy. His name is Ian and ever since I met him in the 8th grade, the alphabet has always been my way of getting close to him. Confused? Our last names are alphabetically close. I haven't had any classes with him since the 8th grade, so the only time I get to see him is in between classes and the occasional days we have homeroom.

I've never liked anybody this much before. I'm always too shy to talk to him, but I really feel like there isn't anyone else for me. I've met many many other guys out there, but I can never seem to like anyone else. I'm stuck on him, but it's not such a bad thing.

See, he was new in the 8th grade. He moved to Ohio from Michigan. When the first day of school started that year, I had no idea who he was or that he even existed. But I feel that my entire life change that day, 2nd period science, Mr. McGovern's class. That's when I first saw him.

Rollcall. Mr. M called my name and gave me my seat at the second to last black table in the back on the right side of the room. Then he called his name and gave Ian his seat on the opposite side of the room. That moment I took notice of his existance, I felt something. I can't really describe the emotion, but in my mind, I knew that something was meant to happen. Something that would not go away easily. An adventure. "Here we go..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a fore-warning, the first few chapters are a little boring, but I promise, it picks up later.