The Adventure

"Nice to meet you, I'm your other half."

Ever since that day, I could not get him off my mind. I had two other classes with him, not including lunch. Like I said before, I had not felt that... emotion for any other boy. I had never had a boyfriend or have someone tell me they like me before. So I had no idea what to do when I glanced at him one day in science and he was looking back...

Sure, I would have loved to tear that stare right back, but, I panicked. I looked away, trying to pretend that I just caught his eyes while following my gaze to the back of the room. I can't count how many times that happened. You know what's even more stupid? We've never had a real conversation before. Ridiculous, right? Like, how can I know that I like him if I barely know who he is? Do I just like him because of his looks? No. I can honestly say that Ian is not the best looking guy out there, but he is attractive. And I'm not really sure how I know that I like him. I just... do.

Even though we didn't talk, I did notice things and hear things from other people.
He plays football and baseball, he has gorgeous light green eyes, and he just recenly picked up the guitar. I once thought that we were total opposites. Him being the jock, and me the band geek.

For the time that this went on, I felt... amazing. Like, someone actually cared about me, even though I didn't have the courage to talk to him. I remember about the first week of school, we had a fire drill during science. By this time, I had already told my "good" friend at the time, Alicia that I liked him. She had noticed his stares at me also. I remember that exact moment, walking back into the school into science again. We were almost to the door, I was following Alicia. She turns around at quickly glances behind me. "You-know-who is staring at you again." A smile quickly spread across my face and I gained up the courage to turn my head around, almost to science. Sure enough, he was right behind me and our eyes met for a moment. *Sigh.*

I would like to inform you that one day, I did gain up the courage to talk to him and that we got to become friends and eventually started dating. But, that's not how it went. Unfortunatly, all good things must come to an end. I guess he got tired of me or something because he eventually stopped. Staring at me, that is. This was a little over halfway through 8th grade. I had no idea how to move on from it. Every day I would pray that if I looked at him, he would look back. But he didn't.