Honey, I'm Your Daddy.

Three.

My dream was odd. I was running in it, and running hard. I was running down a long, black tunnel, with a light at the end. But it seemed like I never could get to the end. Chasing me was C and C, only their heads were constructed far bigger, and contained lots of plastic surgery. There was also blood all over their clothes. I kept running down the tunnel. When I finally got near the end, C and C grabbed me, and pulled me down. I looked up once more. I saw Gerard above me. “Wake up” his voice echoed. “Wake up” it said again.

I bolted right up in my bed. I was sweating, and my body was hot. I collapsed back onto my bed. I turned over, and read my clock. 10:37 AM. Well, I sure had a good night’s sleep. I looked down at my feet. There was no blanket covering me. Of course, C and C wouldn’t think to come in and check to see if I was cold, or even sleeping. Whatever.

I got up out of my bed and went to the kitchen. I opened up the refrigerator. I looked in, it was completely empty. I went to the cabinets and check them also. There were some empty beer bottles in them. Great. Of course we don’t have any food, C and C always eat out.

I went back to my room, and quickly pulled a pair of jeans on, a band shirt, socks, shoes, and a hoodie on. I went into my bathroom and brushed my blue-black hair, then tied it up into a ponytail. I went back to my room, and slipped a pair of converse on.

I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed some money out of the “eating” jar. I pulled out a twenty-dollar bill. I wrote a quick note saying I was going out, and then left the house.

The air outside was crisp, and cold. It was perfect. I went down 3 blocks to a starbucks. I ordered my favorite drink, a double chocolate chip frappicino, and grabbed a muffin. They cashier rang up the food and drink. It came to $8.47. I pulled out the 20-dollar bill and handed it to him. He gave me back my change with the receipt. I walked over to a table and sat down. I stared out the window and started eating. I realized I was really hungry. Soon enough, the whole muffin was gone. I left my drink at the table, and went up the cashier and bought another muffin. I went back and sat down at the table. This time when I stared out the window, I got lost in a memory.

It was of a voice. Actually, it was 2 voices. One a woman’s, the other a male’s. The woman’s voice was sweet, and soft. A caring kind of voice. The male was the same, just more, uh, “manlier”. I couldn’t see them though. I think the male was holding onto my waist. Everything was blurry, but I could make out a sofa. I looked down and saw little feet. My little feet. Then I heard the woman say something to the man.

Soon enough, the memory was over. I just sighed, and kept staring out the window. I don’t know how long I stared, but my cell phone ringing woke me up out of my trance. I looked at the caller ID. It read “Gerard Way”.

“Hello” I said into the phone. “Hey” he said back. There were a couple of silent seconds before he said, “What were you staring at?”. “Huh?” was all I could think of. “Before I called you?” He said. How does he know these things?
“I was just in some trance, I guess”
“Oh” he said. Another couple of seconds crept by, wasted. “Turn around” I heard him say, in the phone. I turned around. “Gerard!” I practically yelled. He was right there, of course! I hugged him, and I don’t think he was expecting it, cause when I did, he stiffened a bit. But after a second or so, he hugged back. “Helena!” he yelled back to me, when we let go. “Sorry about that” I said, looking down a bit. “It’s no problem. Better than what fans do to me, I guess. One stuck a nicotine patch on me once. So yeah, a hug is innocent,” said. "Well, sorry, anyway. It’s just, you’re the closest thing I have to a friend, I guess” I said, embarrassed. “You don’t have any friends?” he asked, shocked. “No. C and C don’t want me to, I think. At least, when I did have friends, they scared them all away. Oh. But I did have a best friend. But he moved away about a year ago. I think somewhere over in Europe. His name was Edward. But that was the last friend I had” I said. “C and C are seriously getting on my nerves” Gerard said. I just stared at him, confused. This guy I just met was, well, amazing. He cared so much about people. Almost scary, I guess, but not quite that much. “I’m sorry,” I said. “What for?” He asked, puzzled. “I don’t know. I guess if I weren’t an orphan, they wouldn’t have adopted me. So you wouldn’t be pissed at them. So I guess it’s kind of my fault, cause I’m the orphan” I said. “Don’t. Ever. Say. That Again.” He said, almost robotically. THAT was scary. It sounded more like a threat, than advice. He saw my face go pale, and must’ve realized that I’d been scared. He hugged me. “Sorry, I’m sorry”. I just started crying. I’ve never been very good at holding myself together. “I’m really sorry” I heard him keep repeating in my ear.

I kept crying for a couple of more minutes. When I could finally speak, I muttered, “I won’t”. I looked up at him, and smiled. He smiled back at me.

“You want to walk?” He asked. “Sure” I said. I quickly threw out my food and drink, and went back to Gerard. “Let’s go” I said, a big smile on my face, I think. We walked out of the warm Starbucks, into the cold streets of New Jersey.