Broken Glass and Bleeding Hearts

Chapter Twelve

The rest of the night after I woke up pretty much blurred together. My mom came to check on me, so Matt hid in the closet. After my mom left the room Matt came out and we sat on my bed talking, well mostly trying to figure out if the nightmares might mean something. But that is the last thing I remember.

The next morning when I woke up there was a note on my nightstand from Matt. Sorry Elliebear, I was going to wait until you woke up to leave but then I heard your mom. I’ll see you later though. Please call me when you wake up. I sat the piece of paper down and reached for my phone.

It rang once, then twice, and then a third time. “Hey.”

“Hey Matt.”

“Did you just wake up?”

“Yeah.”

“How are you doing now?”

“Better I guess. It was just a lot to take in at first I guess.”

“Yeah I agree.”

“I just wish we knew if it meant anything or not.”

“No kidding.”

“Well I’m going to go take a shower and stuff so I’ll call you later okay?”

“Okay.” After the shower I found myself cleaning my room. When that was finished I went and got food from the kitchen and retreated back to my bedroom and more importantly to my bed. I was still lying there just looking at the ceiling in silence since the cd I’d been listening to had ended when I heard the door.

Still not feeling like moving I used my vampire hearing to discover who was downstairs. It was my Aunt Angie and something was telling me that I might as well get ready to leave. I could hear her talking excitedly about going shopping for wedding stuff so that meant she’d want my mom to come along, and they’d somehow drag me with them.

“Ellie!” My mom’s voice carried up to my room just as I finished and turned off my CD player. I went downstairs and discovered them both standing there waiting for me.

“Yeah?”

“We are going to go look at stuff for Aunt Angie’s wedding, wanna come?”

“Might as well I guess. You two will drag me anyway so I might as well go willingly.” I tagged along for most of the day with them and I kept feeling more tired with each passing hour. The dream last night must have affected my sleep or something.

We ate dinner before we went home and as soon as we returned I once again retreated to my bedroom. I think I fell asleep for a bit because the next thing I remember was the sound of a knock at my bedroom door. “Come in.” I called quietly as I rolled over to face the window.

“Elliebear are you feeling okay?” Matt’s voice asked as he sat down behind my back and placed his hand on my side.

“Yeah. I’m just really tired.” I yawned unwillingly and closed my eyes again as Matt kissed the top of my head.

“I don’t think you’re tired from not sleeping well. I think you need blood.” His voice had lowered to a whisper. I was about to say something else when there was yet another knock and then the door opened.

“Sweetie are you okay?” My mom asked concern laced heavily in her voice.

“Just tired.” I answered again.

“Well I’m going with Aunt Angie to her apartment to help her with some wedding stuff. Will you be okay? And behave?”

“Yes and yes. Have fun.”

“Call me if you need anything okay?”

“Okay mom.” After my mom left the two of us stayed silent for a while. It was Matt who broke the silence.

“I’m serious about the blood Ellie.”

“Really Matt I’m fine. Why would I need any?”

“I don’t know because last night was hard on you and you haven’t had any in about two and a half weeks.”

“Stop worrying.” Then everything started to blur. “Matt why is everything going blurry?”

“You are too weak and in the early stages of the complete change. That is why you need the blood and I don’t.”

“Oh.”

“So why don’t you sit up and drink some?”

“Too tired.”

“Sleep won’t help.”

“Ugh. Fine. I’ll sit up. Geeze.” He chuckled as I pulled myself into a sitting position with some of his help. “Are you sure about this?”

“Yes I’m sure. Now just sink your teeth into my neck and drink will you?” This time I giggled slightly and moved closer. The first time I’d done this I’d nearly freaked. I though about that time as I slowly enlarged my fangs.

“Are you sure I won’t hurt you?” I asked again as I worried that piercing the flesh on Matt’s neck might cause him pain.

“I’m sure. Did it hurt you?”

“Well no but I’m afraid I’ll mess up and hurt you.”

“How can you mess up on sinking fangs into flesh?”

“Well um that’s a good question.”

“Just go ahead.”


This time I didn’t hesitate. I knew that it wouldn’t hurt Matt so I just gently bit into his skin and allowed the sweet tasting liquid fill my mouth. The taste seemed to ignite my taste buds on fire the second it made contact and of course there was the plus of the whole seeing into each other’s mind thing.

“Feeling any better yet?”

“A little I guess. It’s hard to concentrate on anything besides the taste. You know that as well as I do.”

“Shut up Ellie.” He added in a mental laugh and I smiled against his neck.

The fatigue was starting to fade a few seconds later when the door of my bedroom swung open and Star stood there looking like she’d just walked in on something completely different. “Oh my!” She closed the door quickly and Matt and I both mentally sighed.

“Damn it.”

“You don’t have to stop.”

“I better go find her.”

“Damn it.” I pulled myself from Matt’s neck and licked the little remaining blood from my lips as the holes in Matt’s neck quickly began to repair themselves. Even though I felt a little better I did still feel tired. Except this time it was from not sleeping well.

I found Star in the living room watching TV. “So that was awkward.” I stated sitting down. Considering my best friend had just walked in on me sucking my boyfriend’s blood I didn’t feel the need to beat around the bush, so to speak.

“Yeah tell me about it.”

“So have you tasted blood?”

“Not fresh.”

“You’ll like it.”

“He’s a vampire too you know.”

“Kellan?”

“Yup.”

“Will you actually talk? It’s natural for us. I can think of million worse things to see.”

“Sure. If you were me you’d be thinking the same thing. I feel bad.” She threw her head back and sighed.
“You feel bad? Why?”

“You two looked so I don’t know content like that. And I ruined it.”

“Well I would have rather not had it ruined but it’s okay. It wasn’t just because we wanted to. I needed it. I was too weak for my own good. Hey how’d you get in?”

“I used the spare key.”

“Come on. Let’s go watch TV in my room or something.” Matt was exactly where I’d left him, so I didn’t waste time. I crawled back into my bed and curled up to his side. Star took the side of the bed behind my back and turned on the TV.

Not much was said and I’m not sure why. Star had left by the time I heard my mom come home although Matt was still over. I hadn’t moved much from my stop at his side except that he was lying down now so my head had moved to his chest. “I should probably go.” He said finally.

“I don’t want you to.”

“Ellie I’ll see you tomorrow.” I tightened my grip around him.

“I still don’t want you to go.”

“Fine I won’t leave, yet.”

“Damn that yet word.”

“You sound tired.”

“I feel tired.”

“Then get some sleep.”

“I don’t want to.” After that a silence fell over us again and my mind began to wonder. Why were we having nightmares about Angelica killing us anyway? Was she really evil? “Matt?” I moved so I could look at him.

“Yeah?”

“Do you think she’s really going to try and kill us?”

“I hope not.” This made us both smile and I settled back in. His hand gently moved up and down on my arm. It was when his phone rang several seconds later that I jumped slightly.
“Hello?” He answered with a tone that told me he didn’t know the number. I waited. “Why are you calling me?” He didn’t sound happy at all and I looked at his face to have that confirmed. “Leave me and Ellie alone!” I’d never heard that tone before and it caused me to shiver.

“Who was it?” I asked trying to sound like I didn’t care when he hung up.

“Angelica.” There was that flare of anger again.

“What did she want?”

“I don’t know. I hung up on her.” I heard the guilt in his voice and knew he was lying.

“Then why did you tell her to leave me alone too?”

“I’m not completely sure. It seemed like a good idea.”

“Liar.”

“Can we talk about it tomorrow?”

“Fine.”

“Maybe you should try and sleep.”

“Damn Matt you don’t have to take care of me. For pete’s sake you are my boyfriend, not my parent.” This drew a laugh from him as I sat up. “So act like a boyfriend will ya?” I leaned down to kiss him quickly, but one kiss turned into another.

“You know this is better than I thought it would be.” He murmured before kissing me again. I pulled my lips away from his to respond.

“Ouch. Did you think it would be bad?”

“Not at all. I thought it would be great. But it’s greater than I expected.” He kissed me again and when I pulled away I sighed.

“Matt maybe you should go. We don’t need to start making out tonight.” I hated it when my better judgment kicked in. It was such a fun-sucker. “I don’t think my mom would like walking in on us in my room with one hell of a liplock.”

“You’re right.” He kissed my cheek this time and chuckled. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Night Ellie. I love you.” We hadn’t made a habit out of using those three words for a reason. It wasn’t because we weren’t sure if we meant them it was simply because we hadn’t been going out that long and we didn’t want to rush into anything.
“Night Matt. I love you too.” He smiled at me once more, took my breath away, and disappeared out of my bedroom door and closed it behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all the awesome people who leave me such nice comments! And to bloody-plauge for the banner! And to marriah_undead who always leaves comments and who puts links to my stories in the author notes on hers! Thank you!!
If you want to read a really amazingly awesome M.Shadows story then click here!

I hope everyone likes this one!! ♥♪♫Bat Shadows♫♪♥