Broken Glass and Bleeding Hearts

Chapter Seventeen

“Oh come on Ellie, it will be fun!” Star repeated that night as I talked to her on the phone. “Please? Please? I promise it will be fun!”

“Star I don’t do the whole school dance and outfit thing. I wouldn’t be any fun, trust me. I’d just ruin your time.” I sighed into the phone for the tenth time.

“This is supposed to be something that best friends do together Ellie and you are going to ruin it for me.”

“Stop pouting over there. I’m not that way.” I laid down on my stomach to talk and hopefully weasel my way out of this.

“Don’t you want to find the perfect outfit for the dance too?”

“I don’t need to.”

“You found one without me?!”

“No, I don’t think I’m going.”

“Well why not?”

“Matt and I don’t seem like the school dance type of couple.”

“You aren’t going to prom when the time comes then?”

“Prom is a different story.” Star went silent for a minute and I paused to think. What had I just said that made her shut up?

“Well anyway, come on!”

“No what did I say?”

“Nothing. Don’t worry about it.”

“Star!”

“I’m not going to tell you unless you come with me tomorrow. End of story.”

“Then I don’t need to know that bad I guess.”

“You are evil! I’m mad at you. Ellie you hurt me and made me mad.”

“Alright! Damn I’ll go if you’ll just stop.”

“Yay! Happy dance!”

“You have issues.”

“So how are things going with Matt?”

“Great. You and Kellan?”

“Wonderful! Oh my gosh he is so sweet and he knows how to kiss.”

“Matt is better.”

“We are not starting on this whole my horse is bigger than yours.”

“Well when you put it that way then I’d have to agree. Now start with how my boyfriend is clearly hotter and a better kisser than you and we’ll have a conversation.”

“Matt is not hotter. I mean he is just Matt.”

“He is gorgeous.”

“The blood is going to your head.”

“No it is not.”

“Matt needs a face lift or two to even look half as good as Kellan.”

“I’m so going to kill you tomorrow.”

“You know you love me.” There was a tap at my window and I propped myself up on my elbow to see who it was. My heart leaped at seeing who it was.

“Yeah Star I love you. I’ll see you tomorrow. Night!”

“He’s there isn’t he?”

“Yes. Can I please go?”

“Don’t do anything diirrttyyy.”

“Okay I won’t. Bye Star.”

“Bye Ellie.” She was laughing her ass off as I hung up the phone, tossed it on my bed, jumped up, and ran over to yank open the window for Matt. He climbed in before speaking anything, and grinned the second he looked at me.

“Sorry I was talking to Star. She’s dragging me shopping tomorrow afternoon.” Then it hit me what she’d said while I wasn’t paying attention. “I’m going to seriously injure her tomorrow.”

“Why?”

“Well she um told me not to do anything diirrtttyy with you and I didn’t catch it because I was trying to hang up.”

“She doesn’t trust us at all does she?” Matt’s lips gently pressed against mine and I smiled. My arms wrapped around his neck as his arms wrapped around me. When he pulled away I sighed in content.

“Not a bit.” I laughed a little bit before saying anything else. “I’m glad you came.”

“Me too. And I’m also glad that you are in a good mood. So you are going to be a bridesmaid huh?”

“Um yeah.”

“Is the dress in this house?”

“You aren’t ever going to see it, nor are you going to see me in it. You guys are magically playing a show at Chain Reaction the day of the wedding.”

“And if I don’t agree?”

“I’ll have Zacky and Jimmy hold you hostage.”

“I’m going to see it Ellie. I promise you that.”

“Over my dead body.”

“Its in your closet.” Matt let go of me and ran at vampire speeds to my closet before I could react. “Now lets see.” I heard him mumble as he looked through everything.

“Matt! I can’t believe you’d do that!”

“You’ve known me your whole life Ellie, of course I’m going to pull some shit like this.” I watched in horror as Matt got closer to the dress. I knew when he got there and hid my already red face. “Elliebear you are wearing this?”

“Unfortunately.” Matt was trying his best not to laugh but I saw through it. I grabbed the dress, put it back and pushed him away from the closet. “Go ahead, laugh at me.”

“I’m not laughing at you, I’m laughing at that thing.”

***

“I can’t believe you said that last night!” I complained as I followed Star into another store in the mall the next afternoon.

“Said what?” She asked innocently. I rolled my eyes at her.

“Don’t do anything diirrrttyy.” I mocked her words from last night.

“I so do not sound like that.”

“Oh yes you so do sound like that.”

“So what did you guys do last night?”

“Well we talked, hung out, oh and he discovered the god-awful bridesmaids dress I have to wear to my aunt’s wedding.”

“It can’t be that bad.” She looked through several dresses before pulling one off to looked at it closer only to put it back.

“You haven’t saw it yet. It’s lacey and frilly and pink.” I shuttered at the thought of it and felt my cheeks turn red thinking of Matt holding the damned thing.

“Lacey, frilly, and pink. Nice description. But if you didn’t want him to see it then why’d you show it to him. What do you think of this one?” She held up a sparkly purple dress for me to see as I looked it over.

“Well it is. I didn’t show it to him. I kinda like it.” I answered everything with a shrug a, wishing to get off of the subject. She handed the dress to me and I reluctantly took it, apparently I was helping her carry them too.

“Then how did he see it? Look at this one!” She pulled a black dress that was black, strapless, was a little longer than knee-length that also sparkled in the light.

“He searched through my closet. How do you think? I like it.” She grinned when hearing my answer and snatched the purple one back, handing me the new one instead. “Okay so I’m holding them?”

“Yes, for now.” She grinned and kept looking. Soon enough she found another dress that she liked, this time holding onto it. “Come on!” She grabbed my arm and led me to the dressing rooms. “Ellie please stand here and wait.”

“Where else am I going to go Star? Lets be realistic here. I don’t shop at stores like this so it would be useless for me to wonder off.” Star laughed and disappeared into one of the dressing rooms, leaving me standing with the other dress.

“What do you think?” She asked walking out and spinning around.

“It looked good on you.” I answered her question honestly.

“It does, doesn’t it?” She asked taking a glance in the mirror and smiling. I smiled seeing my friend’s happiness, then she turned on me. The second I saw the mischievous grin that spread across her face I groaned. I’d been tricked, again.

“Not again Star, please, not again.” I begged backing towards the wall in a feeble attempt to escape. When Star did this she usually won and I personally didn’t feel like dealing with her today.

“Just go try it on!” She grabbed my arm and pulled me into one of the dressing rooms before she stepped out and pulled the door closed behind her. “Now I’m not letting you out of here until you try it on and show me.”

I grumbled a response and changed into the dress. “Alright now you bitch, open the damn door!” I growled, knowing anyone outside would be giving weird looked in out direction at my use of language.

“Ah-hum. Nicer.” I could see the smirk on her face already. I let out a frustrated sigh and clenched my fists together. Sometimes best friends can be the most annoying people on the face of the plant.

“Alright now you bitch, open the damn door please. Or I’ll punch you in the face.” I said with an extra overtone of a sweet voice. “That is as nice as you are getting.”

“I suppose it will have to do.” She moved and opened the door, smiling in truimpth the minute she saw me. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at her.

“Happy?”

“Oh yes! Now come look at yourself! I’ll stay right here.” She pushed me forward towards the mirrors and went back into the dressing room to change into her clothes. I looked in the mirror and thought about it. As much as I hated to admit it the dress didn’t look that bad. “You should get it.”

“I don’t need a dress Star. I never go anywhere to wear one. And even when I do I choose not to. So see, problem solved. Now I’ll just go put this back on the dress rack.”

“Fine then, I’m buying it for you.”

“No you are not. We don’t even wear the same size so you couldn’t wear it when I never want to. It would be useless.” She sighed in defeat as I walked back into the dressing room to change back into my clothes.

“You are a party pooper Ellie. I big one.” She pouted when I walked out and went to return the dress. She followed me, still holding onto the one she was getting, and kept looking sad. She was trying to get me to cave.

“Well I try.” I sarcastically said over my shoulder as I hung the dress back up.

“So what is going on with you and that Angelica girl? I mean other than her wanting to get Matt and make sure he kicks you to the curb.” Star’s question slightly startled me since I hadn’t expected her to ask that. I bit my bottom lip as I thought.

“Nothing, I just can’t stand her.” I answered with a lie. I hated lying to my best friend, well one of them, but I didn’t see another option. I mean after all Matt and I didn’t know if the nightmares meant anything. So what was I supposed to say, Well Matt and I keep having nightmares on the same nights about her killing one or both of us. So that is why I don’t like her because I’m afraid she might try to kill us. You know, just evil bitch stuff. High school sucks doesn’t it? Yeah, I think not.

“Oh okay then, just thought I’d ask. So does Matt sneak in through your window every night now or something?”

“No just occasionally.” I answered honestly. He usually only snuck in after a really bad nightmare or like last night when we feel like hanging out. She smiled and shook her head. “What?”

“Its just you and Matt.”

“What about Matt and I?”

“You two have known each other since forever and now you are together as boyfriend and girlfriend. I mean you guys went from playing with toys to kissing each other.”

“I don’t get the big deal about it.” I didn’t. I mean sure we hadn’t expected it but I’m pretty sure our parents had since we were little. Or they’d at least made jokes about it.

“There is not big deal I guess. It’s just kind of ironic.” I laughed and shook my head as a look of deep thought crossed her face. Typical Star moment. I have the two best friends in the world, even if Matt is now my boyfriend as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that I took so long to post this!! I hope you like it!! And please comment so I know what you thought!! Again a huge thanks to everyone who reads/subscribes/comments!!!