Broken Glass and Bleeding Hearts

Chapter Nineteen

The following morning when Matt pulled up to school Jimmy was waiting patiently, leaning against Brian’s car, and watching as Matt parked. I was glad that Matt had recently gotten his truck’s windows tinted, which made it harder to see inside the truck in detail. I sank back in the seat, hoping to stay hidden for at least a few moments. I knew that after the previous night’s events he would be plotting payback. If I knew Jimmy, which trust me I do, he hated being shut out or being wrong. “Um Matt?”

“Yeah Elliebear?” Matt apparently wasn’t freaking out about this in the slightest.

“Will you help me run away before Jimmy sees me? I’m scared of what he will do.” I pouted, making Matt smile.

“Forget him. The worst he would do to you is making embarrassing jokes, like always.”

“Yeah but who knows what they will be about this time.” I glanced at the smirk on Jimmy’s face and groaned. He was going to kill me by the means of embracement.

“Its just Jimmy. The same Jimmy we’ve known since the second grade.” I looked over at Matt and raised one eyebrow at him. “Lets just go.”

“There they are!” Jimmy exclaimed the second before he began his evil laugh.

“Yeah, yeah just laugh it up Jimmy.” I mumbled looking at my feet. I could feel Zacky and Brian shifting their gazes from Jimmy to Matt and finally to me. “No one ask.”

“I’m not going to make any jokes Ellie, so chill.” I looked up and looked at Jimmy as he spoke, and he looked honest. “However I am going to ask, what were you two doing last night?” I groaned and started to walk away, only to be held back by Zacky.

“What is he talking about?” Brian asked with a smirk.

“Nothing.” Matt answered as he joined me at Zacky’s side.

“He wasn’t talking about nothing. Explain or we’ll ask him.” Zacky pointed to Jimmy, who smiled evilly.

“It’s none of anyone’s business.” I rolled my eyes and tried to walk away only to be held back again by Zacky.

“She told me to leave them alone. Then she says that Matt wasn’t getting lucky or laid.”

“Jimbo don’t they mean the same thing?”

“Yeah but that isn’t the point. I can’t believe that no one tells me anything anymore! I feel so unloved.” Jimmy’s smirk fell and I felt bad for not telling him why. Grantated it probably didn’t bother his as much as he acted like it did, but that didn’t matter.

“We were just talking Jimmy, that’s all.”

“Yeah that is all we were doing.” Matt seconded my answered and Jimmy smiled again.

“Okay!”

***

Matt, Zacky, and I were walking to meet up with Brian and Jimmy at the usual spot for lunch when we heard someone scream. I knew by the sound what was going on and held in the laugh that threatened to escape. “Oh boy, Jimmy is torturing people again.” I stated, causing both Matt and Zacky to laugh.

When the spot came into view we only saw Brian waiting, so I knew that I was right. “Rev’s terrorizing everyone again?” Matt asked as we joined Brian.

“Isn’t he always?” Brian laughed.

“Good point.”

“Yay! You guys are here! Just let me go run around and terrorize a few more people then I’ll be ready to go to lunch!” Jimmy ran up, grinning like a maniac and forcing everything out in one breath.

“How about we go eat lunch, then you can carry on with terrorizing everyone?” I suggested, knowing that no one felt like sticking around.

“Alright, fine.” We soon found ourselves at the same place where I’d cut my finger and noticed Matt’s reaction to my blood. Except at that time I’d been clueless to half of the stuff that was going on. I so much prefer knowing.

“Hey where’s Justin been?” I asked finally, unable to suppress my curiosity any longer.

“He’s been being distant lately. Don’t know why, maybe it’s just everything dealing with the change and stuff.” Zacky answered with a shrug of his shoulders, trying to make it sound like no big deal. Unfortunately for Zacky I could see straight through it and knew that he was worried. But instead of pressing it I just let it go, for now. Apparently I’d missed a lot while I was left out of the group for my safety. “What about Star?”

“Oh, she’s just not ready to drag Kellan around us.” Honestly I suppose I can’t blame her for it. To me the guys were just that, the guys. I mean Matt has been there through everything and I’d met Jimmy, Zacky, and Brian through him. I’d been there as we pretty much all grew up together, just like Star had. So to us everything they did was completely normal. But to Kellan they might seem weird, and maybe over protective of us. But then again they’d always been that way with us. “Ellie, it’s your turn.” Zacky snapped me out of my thoughts, reminding me it was time for me to order.

“Thanks Zacky.” After I ordered I got out of the way, taking my usual spot next to Matt. It wasn’t until now that I realized the table of girls who were staring at the two of us, their eyes narrowed into slits. I knew they were vampires from the way they looked and by the fact I’d saw them at the last council meeting. Then it clicked in my head, they were Angelica’s friends.

“What is it Elliebear?” Matt asked as we waited with Brian and Jimmy for our orders. I looked at him and jerked my chin in the direction of the staring table of girls. He raised his eyebrows and followed my gaze to them.

“Angelica’s friends.” I whispered looking away.

“I guess they can’t find anything better to do than stare at us huh?”

“Apparently not.”

“What’s happening?” Zacky asked, obviously curious as to what Matt and I’s hushed conversation was about.

“Angelica’s friends are staring.” We answered at the same time.

“Oh, I see. And you two really need to stop answering at the same time, it’s creepy.”

“Is it?”

“Stop it.”

“But why?”

“Stop it! God you two are perfect for each other! You are both so damn annoying sometimes!” Zacky threw his hands up in the air in a sign of defeat before joining in a conversation with Brian and Jimmy. Matt and I grinned at each other before laughing. Zacky looked over and rolled his eyes at us.

***

“Seriously there is no way in hell that I’m going to let you come and see-” I started to argue with Matt as we walked into my living room that afternoon, until I saw my mom and aunt sitting on the couch. “Oh hey.”

“Hi!” They both chorused, looking up from whatever they were planning.

“We are going up to my room for a while.” I mumbled, grabbing Matt’s arms and making a dash for the stairs. Thankfully we’d made it up to my room before anyone responded, so I sighed in relief and tossed my backpack to the floor. “It is a good thing I didn’t say anything about my Aunt’s bridesmaid dress.”

“It is a sign. I mean you are making a big deal about not letting me see you in it. I’ve already saw the thing.” Matt took his usual seat on the edge of my bed.

“But you didn’t see it on me, there is a difference.”

“What is the big deal about it?”

“It’s frilly and foo-fooy and la-la-y. That is not me, and I just don’t want you to see me in it alright? Now can we let it go?” I sat down by him and pressed my lips gently against his cheek. If nothing else, I could at least temporarily distract him.

“That isn’t going to work Elliebear. I’m not as easily distracted as you.” He laughed and my hopes crashed instantly.

“Well shit then. Since you won’t let me get away with anything.” I moved away and looked at him, putting on my most innocent pouting face. A final, and semi-weak, attempt at distracting him.

“Not going to work either.”

“Then why aren’t you looking at me.”

“Because I’m not.”

“Look at me Matt.”

“You are cheating Ellie.”

“Just look at me.” When his hazel eyes turned and looked at me I saw that I’d won. My pouting had indeed distracted him. But my plan had also backfired, I’d distracted myself at the same time.

“Elliebear what is the big deal about it?” He looked away and asked the question again. This time I laughing, getting an idea as to why he was pushing the subject.

“Aw you feel unloved!” I saw a red undertone to his cheeks and smiled to myself.

“I do not feel unloved!” His voice was defensive which made me laugh.
“Do you want to come Matt?”

“I just don’t understand the big deal about me seeing you in the dress. That is all.”

“You’ll laugh at me that is why. I look like a pink marshmallow Matt.”

“You are being over dramatic again.” I moved closer to him and took in a deep breath, taking in his wonderful scent. Maybe the discussion was finally over. “You smell good.”

“So do you. Trust me.” I rested my head on his shoulder and a silence fell over us. It never seemed to matter when one of these moments of silence overcame us they were never awkward.

“I should probably go huh?”

“No! Why should you leave?”

“I’ll come back later if you want me to.”

“There is something I want you to do first.”

“And what would that be?” I didn’t answer, instead I moved away and bent my head to the side, fully exposing my neck. “Ellie?”

“Well go on, bite me.”

“Ellie your mom and aunt are downstairs.”

“And yet the council is always saying this is good for us aren’t they? There encourage it do they not?”

“Yeah but that isn’t the point. For that matter you could bite me.”

“Why are you so stubborn? I’ll bite you after you bite me then. Deal?”

“Fine, deal.” Matt moved so his lips were only inches from my neck, his breath brushed against my skin giving me goosebumps. I felt him gently kiss my neck before two small pokes in my skin. The second he broke the skin our minds seemed to mingle together, as they always did.

Much better I thought, knowing he could hear me.

You enjoy this too much. You know that right? I heard his words in my mind as clearly as if he’d spoke them in my ear.

Oh and you don’t?

I never said that, but I don’t talk you into anything.

What is your point? Because you enjoy it just as much as I do, and you cannot lie to me right now. Remember that.

Okay I’ll admit it. I’m going to have to stop in a minute. Just so you know. About a minute later I felt Matt move away from my neck, as the two small puncture marks sealed themselves quickly. I felt the same disconnected feeling I usually got, then sank into his arms in content.

“Don’t get too comfortable. We had a deal remember?” He reminded me with a laugh.

“You are a jackass. I will later on alright?”

“Cheater.”

“I had every intention of holding up to it, but then it would just throw out the balance.”

“Elliebear, just go for it. Stop trying to get out of it.” I rolled my eyes and moved my lips to his neck. My small fangs pierced his skin easily and our minds merged once again, except this time I didn’t bother talking. It felt different when I was the one doing the biting. The taste of his sweet blood was indescribable, and as it trickled down my throat the taste took over.

When I’d had enough I removed my mouth from his neck and watched as the two holes healed themselves. “Are you happy?” I asked with a tiny smile playing on my lips.

“Yes, I am. Now I’ve got to go for now. I’ll see you later.” Matt kissed my lips before he stood up, grabbed his backpack, and called a “Bye Elliebear.” As he walked out of my bedroom to leave.

“Bye Matt!” I plopped back on my bed, feeling the familier feeling of my senses being heightened and alert. But I also just wanted to lay there and think of nothing. I just wanted to relax, having no thoughts.

I was successful in my wish. I turned on the T.V. and found something to watch, but I ended up closing my eyes and just laying there and relaxing. The music filled my ears which only helped in the process of making me even more sleepy.

Somewhere deep inside of me I had a bad feeling about falling asleep. What if I had another nightmare about her? I hadn’t had one in a few days and I was enjoying it. But at last I push the worries from my mind, not wanting to deal with it. As soon as I stopped thinking about it I feel into a blissful afternoon nap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all the awesome people who leave me such nice comments! And to bloody-plauge for the banner! And to marriah_undead who always leaves awesome comments and is just really awesome! Thank you!!