The Only Difference Between Brent Wilson and Jon Walker Is the Name

Chapter 17.

The six of them headed back to the cabin and as they walked through the door, Spencer was yelling at Pete. Jon whistled loudly and the two men shut up immediately. Spencer’s eyes went to William and Tom, then back at Jon.

“Right, you two, shut up now.” Jon told them, glaring. “You have seriously gotta stop fighting. God, guys.”

“But he-”

“Spence, stop it!” Jon snapped. Then he took a deep breath, trying not to lose his temper. “Spencer, please don’t lose it, and Pete, don’t start for no reason. Seriously.”

“But-”

“What did I just say?”

“Guys, you can’t fight over this, it’s not right.” Brendon said.

“But-”

“Patrick, Ryan, will you gag them?” Jon asked. “Please?”

“Everything is sorted out, it’s all fine.” William said. “Pete called us yesterday, told us what was going down and we flew out to fix it.”

Jon glared at both Pete and Spencer, daring one of them to start yelling again, but neither did. “Ok, now apologise.” Pete and Spencer both started a fuss, but Jon just glared at them again. “Apologise to each other, dickheads.”

Pete and Spencer both glared at each other before saying a muttered “Sorry.”

“Ok, now that’s done with for five minutes, I need a smoke.” Jon walked out to the back and patted his pockets down for his cigarettes. A hand with an open box appeared next to him and he took one of them, thanking Tom.

“How long do you think the peace will last in there?” He asked the bassist as they both lit up. Jon glanced a look back before shrugging. “I give it 10 minutes, tops.” Tom added, looking out at the forest.

“Optimistic as ever, I see.” Jon grinned.

“So, how has it been up here then?” Tom asked. “Isolated away?”

“It’s been awesome actually. It’s basically been making music and playing Guitar Hero.” Jon told him. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you or William about this, I just, I didn’t want to make things awkward between us.”

Tom shrugged. “It’s fine Jon. If I were in your shoes, I’d probably have done the same thing. At first when Pete said about this, it did weird us out, but we talked about it and we realised that it’s still you. You’re still Jon, and that’s what mattered most to us.”

“You’re always going to be our Jonny Walker, nothing will ever change that.” William said from behind them.

“You’re Brent and you’re Jon. You’ve known us both for years, but you’ve also known the guys for years.” Tom said. “You’ll always be our friend.”

“Jon?” Spencer walked out the door, biting his lip. “I wanna say sorry. I didn’t mean to just blow up at Pete-”

“I know Spence.” Jon said, smiling. “It’s ok.” He finished his cigarette and threw it on the ground.

“Ready for Pete yet?” William asked.

Jon sighed, thinking about it. “I’ll talk to him, yeah.” Then he paused. “Can you ask him to come out here please?” He asked them.

“Sure.” William said. He, Tom and Spencer walked back into the house while Jon took a deep breath.

“Jon, I really am sorry for telling them.” Pete said as soon as he was outside and the door was closed. Jon turned to look at Pete and saw everyone watching them out the window. Jon pulled Pete away to where he knew the others couldn’t hear them.

“Pete, I know you’re sorry.” Jon started. “Yesterday, I was furious with you, I was so mad I can’t put it into words. But overnight, it faded a little, and now Tom and Bill are here, well, it seems like everything is good with us.”

“I’m so sorry that I let you down like that. I know how much of a secret it was and how much you trusted me with it and I just failed completely.” Pete said.

“Don’t keep putting yourself down. I forgive you, seeing as Bill and Tom are cool with it, but if you tell anyone else, then I will make sure that you never have children.”

Pete gulped. “Got it.”

“I’m serious Pete. I will castrate you with a rusty spoon.” Jon watched as Pete paled considerably. “Now, come over here.” Jon pulled him into a hug.

“Thanks for forgiving me. If it’s any consolation, Patrick’s already threatened to kill me because of it.”

“That’s a little harsh. Just castration will do for you Wentz.” Jon laughed.

“Hey dick brains, if we’re all happy families again, can we get some food? I’m starved!” Brendon shouted.

“I don’t think with my dick, that’s just Pete.” Jon shouted back before laughing at Pete’s face. “Kidding. Geez, take a joke.”

“Yeah, yeah, get back inside Walker. I’m starving too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? ^.^