The Only Difference Between Brent Wilson and Jon Walker Is the Name

Chapter 5.

Jon had fallen asleep in one of the spare bunks that night, and was woken up by Spencer screeching.

“What do you mean, he quit the band?”

Jon groaned. He knew exactly what was going to happen now. He got out of the bunk and padded towards the kitchenette area.

“How could he just come back, grab his shit and leave us? We fucking need him!” Brendon shouted.

“Hey, don’t shout at Ryan, it’s not his fault.” Jon said. Spencer and Brendon turned to look at him.

“You knew about this?” Spencer demanded.

“Yeah, but you guys were out for the count. Ryan and I didn’t want to wake you.” Jon said softly. He and Ryan had created a scenario last night, about exactly what had happened when ‘Brent’ had returned. “You know, you could apologise to Ryan for yelling at him.”

Brendon sighed but looked back at the guitarist. “Sorry Ry. You know what I’m like before I get coffee or red bull.”

“I swear, if I ever see Brent again, I’m gonna kill him.” Spencer steamed. “He was fucking useless, did fuck all, he couldn’t even fucking record his own parts on the album, but now he just ups and leaves in the middle of the fucking tour? He’s gone way too far this time.” Spencer fumed.

Jon looked down at his hands. He didn’t know that Spencer had thought that lowly of him. He looked over at Ryan, who was giving him an apologetic look.

“I’ve gotta head back to my bus. I don’t want Jimmy to go round saying that I’ve died or something in the night. I’ll see you guys later.” Jon said, putting on his flip flops (dude, flip flops? Practically his whole shoe wardrobe were flip flops now, in all different colours and that was totally awesome!) and walking off the bus.

He walked back slowly, thinking about what Spencer had said. It had stung, deep down it had stung. But Spencer didn’t know that he’d said that to Brent’s face. Ok, technically not Brent’s face, but Jon was Brent.

He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn’t see two men come up next to him and poke him in the shoulder.

“Ow!” He turned to see Tom and William grinning at him.

“Heard you were hanging with Panic! last night.” William said, pouting. “I’m hurt, don’t you love us anymore Jonny Walker?”

“Course I do.” Jon replied. “I just thought I’d hang with them, you know? They got some bad news. Brent quit.”

“Brent quit?” Tom said. “Fuck, never thought he’d do that.”

“Yeah, well you never truly know someone just from one tour.”

“So, what are they gonna do now? Unless Brendon’s playing bass.”

Jon shrugged. “Not sure.”

“So, wanna come hang for a while? I can get Jimmy to cover for you for a few hours if you like.” William said, wrapping an arm around Jon’s shoulder.

“Sure, why not?” Jon grinned. He may be Brent still, but he was Jon Walker too, and he wasn’t passing up spending time withJon’s his best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heheh. When will it all come out?

Comment? My comment space is feeling deprived. Don't make it unhappy, cos that will make me unhappy and that means no uppydates.

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo