The Only Difference Between Brent Wilson and Jon Walker Is the Name

Chapter 6.

A few hours later, while Jon was busy with Sisky’s bass, Ryan came up to him. Jon looked up at him and smiled. Ryan smiled back, but it looked slightly apologetic.

“I’m sorry you heard what Spencer said earlier.” He said.

“Don’t worry about it. It didn’t bother me that much.” Jon lied. It did bother him, but he wasn’t going to let on.

“Liar.” Ryan said. “You may be someone who I don’t know that well now, but you’re still Brent.” He said quietly. He didn’t want anyone to overhear what they were talking about.

“Just… you need to forget I was ever Brent. He may exist on paper and to everyone else, but you and I both know that he doesn’t exist.”

“But-”

“No, seriously, I mean it.” Jon told him. “Just forget I’m Brent, just until we tell Brendon and Spencer.” He paused. “How are they now? Still freaking out about the loss of their ’much loved’ bassist?” He used air quotes.

“Actually, Spencer brought something up earlier. Something that will interest you.” Ryan smirked. “About a certain tech that we all feel has a good vibe becoming our bassist. And Brendon was totally for it too.”

“Fuck, they want a replacement already?” Jon chuckled. “Well, we both know the answer to that.”

“Yeah I know, but I offered to come ‘ask’ you so I could apologise for the guys as well.” Ryan paused, watching Jon’s smiling face. “So, I’m gonna ring Pete and tell him what’s happening with Brent leaving and we want you. We’re in Chicago tomorrow, so I’ll see if he can get the paperwork sorted for then.”

“I might as well swing by my apartment tomorrow. Wanna come see it?” Jon asked. The tour had a day off so they would be staying in hotels or back at their homes if they were close enough. “I’ll probably stay there, easier than going there then going back to whatever hotel we’re at.”

“Sure I’ll come. Although, Bren and Spencer will probably want to come.”

“We’ll bring them along. I mean, they’re going to have to get to know me, as far as they know at least, so it can be like some Panic! At The Disco bonding time.”

“I’ll make sure old stories don’t come up so you don’t have to bite your tongue at anything we say.” Ryan laughed. “And you better go tell William about how you’re leaving them for us.”

“I’m gonna have a new William Beckett accessory around my leg. And Tom. And Sisky.”

“Mike and Butcher too probably.” They both laughed.

Jon put Sisky’s bass down and stood up. “I’m gonna go see Bill now. Tell him the bad news.”

“Bad news?”

“Well, good for me since I‘m still in the band, good for the band since I can play bass like a motherfucker now, but bad for him since he‘s losing his bass tech and the TAI TV camera guy.”

“You know what, I’ll come over with you. I’m sure you’ll fight for my protection from the evil William Beckett, won’t you?” Ryan fluttered his eyelashes. “Defend me, Jon Walker!” He said in a ridiculously high pitched voice making them both burst out laughing.

“Come on you spaz.” Jon pulled his arm and they made their way over to The Academy’s bus. They were guessing that William would be there, and sure enough, he was there with Sisky, Tom, Gabe and Nate. Everyone knew that Nate and William were old friends, since before Cobra had started, while Nate had been a merch guy.

Jon explained to William that he’d been offered the bassist slot of Panic! starting that day and William immediately turned to glare at Ryan.

“You, Ryan Rossy, are stealing our Jonny Walker. How could you?”

Ryan shrugged. “He’s an awesome bassist. And we all like him.”

“Jon, don’t leave us for the dark side!” Tom exclaimed.

Jon looked at Tom with a straight face. “But they have cookies.”

After 10 minutes of joking around, William and Tom gave Ryan their ‘blessings’ for Jon to join the band. Then the two of them left them to get back to their game they were playing and they headed for their bus.

“Hey guys, I picked up a bassist on the way back, hope you don’t mind.” Ryan called out. Brendon and Spencer proceeded to trample them.

“I’m so glad you said yes Jon, you’re just an amazing bassist, we had to have you.” Brendon rambled.

“Who gave him red bull?” Jon asked, joking, but not really.

“Himself. He’d got to it before I knew what he was drinking.” Spencer replied. “So, you wanna move onto this bus? I mean, it’s ok if you don’t wanna or anything-”

“Consider me moved. I’ll get my stuff.”

“I’ll help!”

“Help by laying off the red bull, Bren.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I love the dark side, and their cookies.

Comment?

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo