The Only Difference Between Brent Wilson and Jon Walker Is the Name

Chapter 8.

Jon sighed. He didn’t know how they were going to react, but he couldn’t exactly go back on it all now.

“Guys, I’m Brent. I don’t know how but when we had that argument on the bus, I stormed out and I was sitting by this circle of trees, wishing that you’d all hate me less. I fell asleep and when I woke up, I was in Jon’s bunk, but I could only remember being Brent. Then I touched this photograph and suddenly, I could remember being Jon and Brent.”

“You really expect us to believe that you used to be Brent?” Spencer snorted. “Dude, he was shit-”

“Spence.” Ryan glared.

“Don’t tell me you’re in on this too.” Spencer sighed.

“Look, I know it’s hard to believe but it’s true.” Jon told them.

“Dude, are you trying to say that you magically turned from Brent to Jon one day?” Brendon asked.

“Yes.”

“And then some unicorns turned up and you all had a tea party.” Spencer sniggered and high fived Brendon for his comment.

“Fuck you Urie. If I was never Brent then how would I know that the first words I said to you after I heard you play were ‘Holy shit, dude I need you’?”

“Brent… could have told you?” Brendon seemed to be convincing himself rather than replying to Jon.

“Then how about the time we were doing weed in the bathroom and we blamed it all on that kid in the year below us?”

“Holy fuck!” Brendon exclaimed. No one knew about that, they hadn’t even told Ryan or Spencer about that.

“Bren, he could have found this out from Brent.” Spencer said, crossing his arms.

“How about when you broke Ryan’s guitar and then pretended that you didn’t know how it happened and how apparently it must have been Crystal or Jackie, Spence?” Jon watched as Ryan turned to glare at Spencer, who had turned white.

“You broke my guitar?” Ryan demanded.

“You fucker! That was our secret!” Spencer shouted.

“So you believe me now Spin?” Jon asked.

“Don’t fucking call me that. Just fuck off Brent. We don’t need you.” Spencer snapped.

Jon looked at them all before heading out the front door. Ok, so they believed him. The down side was that Brendon and Spencer not only still hated Brent, but probably hated him as well now. But he figured that this would happen when he told them anyway. He knew deep down that Spencer would react like that. He was hard-headed.

He made his way down to where there was a lake and started to throw rocks into the water, watching the ripples. He kept that up for about 15 minutes until he couldn’t find any more. He sat on the beach and just stared out, thinking about if Tom and the guys would take him back as a tech. He’d enjoyed doing that, and he’d had fun doing TAI TV too.

“Hi.” He heard Brendon say behind him. He turned and saw him just standing there, scratching his shoulder. “Is it alright if I talk to you?”

“Didn’t think you’d want to, if I’m honest.” Jon replied. “But sure.”

Brendon sat down on the beach next to Jon, staring out onto the lake. “I’m sorry, you know, for everything we’ve said about you, Brent.”

“Don’t call me Brent. I’m not Brent anymore, I haven’t been since I woke up as Jon.”

“Alright, but still. I remember everything me and Spence have said about Brent while we’ve been in front of you and to be honest, that must have sucked for you.”

“Just a little.” Jon admitted. “Why are you talking to me Bren? You know who I used to be, you used to hate me, what changed?”

“You did. You’re a different person. Since you joined the band, we’ve all got on so well and I don’t care if I had a minor dislike to Brent, you’re Jon Walker now and you’re our Jon Walker.” Brendon cocked his head to the side. “If you still wanna be.”

“Course I do. But I don’t think Spencer will want me to stay.” Jon sighed.

Brendon winced. “Yeah, well… we’re going to have to work on him.” Brendon stood up and rubbed the sand off of his jeans. “Come on, Jon.”

Jon smiled at the vocalist and stood up. Together, they walked back to the cabin to find the rental car gone and Ryan waiting for them in the lounge. He stood up as soon as the door opened.

“Jon, are you ok?” Ryan asked.

“Yeah, where’s Spencer?”

“He’s gone for a drive to think about things.” Ryan replied. “I think his leaving words were ‘if he stays, I quit’ or something along those lines.”

“I knew I shouldn’t have told them.” Jon said, hiding his head with his hands. “I’ll be in my room if you need me.”

Jon quickly made his way to his room and locked the door behind him. He didn’t want to deal with this, he should have just kept his big mouth shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, poor Jon. Everyone make him feel better and get Spencer to stop being a douche by commenting.

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo