The Only Difference Between Brent Wilson and Jon Walker Is the Name

Chapter 9.

A few hours later, after Spencer had returned, Jon could hear the arguing going on from his room. He could hear shouting but he couldn’t make out any words. He knew exactly what they would be arguing about though.

He listened to it for 20 minutes before he decided he couldn’t take it anymore. He got out his decent stuff from a small box in with his underwear (just so it was extra safe) and unlocked the door. He went straight outside, avoiding the sympathetic looks he was probably getting from Ryan and Brendon and the glare that was inevitably coming from Spencer. He lit up and took a deep drag.

About halfway through, he heard the door open and someone join him outside. He didn’t say anything, he waited for whoever it was to say something first.

“Mind if I join you?” Spencer said. Jon closed his eyes. He was hoping it wouldn’t be Spencer, but he couldn’t do much now.

“Sure” He replied. Jon passed the joint over to Spencer who took a drag.

“So, you heard all the stuff that I said about you.” Spencer said finally. It wasn’t a question. The two of them both knew that Jon had heard it all.

“Yeah.” Jon said quietly.

The two were silent until they finished the joint.

“Did you mean it?” Jon asked.

“I-”

“And don’t lie to me Spencer, I’ve you for years, I know when you’re lying.”

“Yes, I did mean it, but not all of it.” Spencer sighed. “What I said about you being useless, I didn’t mean that, and the part about you doing fuck all.”

“That’s nice to know.” Jon murmured.

“Brent… Jon, I’m sorry for all of that.”

“Did you mean the part about how if I didn’t quit, you were going to?” Jon asked, looking up at him for the first time since they had started talking.

“No, that was just me blowing off steam. Fuck, Jon, it’s awkward, yeah? I just found out that one of my friends who I thought had just blown us off is actually one of my other best friends, you gotta cut me some slack, dude.”

“I thought you hated me, I thought I wasn’t one of your friends?” Jon said, recalling the argument that had happened the night he changed into Jon.

“Blowing off steam. You know I’m a bitch.”

“Yeah, I do.”

There was more silence, only a few moments though. “I’m not saying that things will be normal straight away, but… I never hated you, despite all the times I said it, I never did. We were just pissed off, all of us.” Spencer blurted out to Jon.

“Except Ryan.”

“Well Ryan has always been for the band. He’s the peacekeeper between us.” Spencer smiled. “So, can we forget Brent and move on with Jon?”

Jon looked at Spencer. He looked sorry, and Spencer’s emotions were usually really noticeable when he was like this. He grinned at the drummer. “No more Brent, only Jon.” He said. Spencer beamed back at him.

“Did you kiss and make up yet? Cos Ryan won’t play Guitar Hero with me!” Brendon shouted out to them. Then- “Ow! Ross, you motherfucker!”

“Leave them alone.” They heard Ryan hiss.

“It’s ok guys.” Spencer called to them. “You can come out.”

Ryan and Brendon walked out of the door tentatively, but as soon as he saw Jon and Spencer both grinning wide, he bounced over to them.

“It’s gonna be awesome again!” He said, jumping onto Jon. “It’ll be just like old times.”

“Except that I have a different face and, for the better part, a different personality.” Jon responded.

“You’re still our friend, Jonny Walker, it doesn’t matter if you used to be Brent or not.” Brendon told him. “Since this happened, you’ve become our best friend, as close as we were when we first met, and nothing will change that.”

“You’re here to stay.” Spencer continued.

“Whether you want it or not, you are always going to be a part of Panic! At The Disco, and always one of our friends.” Ryan said, a warm smile on his face.

Jon smiled at his friends. He knew then that he’d done the right thing in telling Spencer and Brendon. It was going to work out now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like shit. Spannahh wanted an update. I'm go die in my bed soon watching Monsters Inc and Lilo & Stitch.

Comments for the dying girl?

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo