Estrella; where it all began.

Magic Unleashed

Let me introduce myself briefly. I am a fifteen year old gal from a family of four. I look like any average girl. With dark, brown eyes, tanned skin and black hair, I am 1.5m tall. Just like any other teenage girls, I had dreams to make it big. To be a singer. So what's the big deal right? What if I tell you, I was born to a wizard for a father and a human lady as a mother? At birth, I had the ability to transform into anything I had in mind. My imagination were my limits. Luckily, I did not transformed when the nurse helped my mom in delivering me. The nurse and the doctors would surely freaked out and conducted some experiment with me or something! My mom told me that at the age of only six months old, I had transformed into a white owl the minute my father showed me a picture of it.

Amazing? Not really. I had to spent most of my time when I was young in another dimension. The dimension where my father came from. I risked dying living in a human world at such a young age. Unlike humans, I need to draw power in order to grow. The only way I could draw power was to go to where my father came from. I was only allowed to go back to Earth when I was about six years old. At first, my mom was devastated because she had to separate from me while I was still a baby. But the thought of me dying gave her strength. It was pretty difficult to adjust to Earth's surroundings. I was so used to having pixies circling my head, people flying here and there with a unicorn and the clean feeling that Earth cannot provide. I had trouble eating too! It was not because the food was not delicious. In the other dimension, or Queriah as my father call it, channels of astral energy from the sky poured into me. Astral energy to me is exactly the same as a food to a human. Hence, I did not have to eat.

I did a good job of learning how normal people talked and behave. I was not able to enter elementary school because I needed some time to learn and get used to holding the spoon, using the computer and etc back at home. However, all that has become my past.
--------------------------------------------
It was my first day in Estrella High School. Everything seemed so strange. The uniform. The strangers that wore the same uniform as me. Yet everything seem comforting. It was like I am supposed to belong there. Supposedly so. As I entered the building that looked down upon me, I had dreamt that I will make it big there. I was alone, but I knew I was going to make new friends and that I will start writing on a new book of my life. With a smile and a renewed hope, I stepped inside the classroom.

I looked around. My heart skipped a beat. My eyes caught sight of a handsome gentleman, sitting among the other pupils, drawing. Unlike the others who were obviously bitching among their cliques and acting like crazed monkeys, he sat there perfectly in his own world. His black hair hung down by his angular face with a smile so perfect, it seemed as though it was carved by an experienced potter. His thick eyebrows furrowed as he concentrated on his masterpiece. How could anyone not notice this guy?! I felt a warm glow stirring inside. My skin tingle. I slowly walked towards him clutching my bag tightly for dear life.

"Erm, can I sit beside you? I mean, if you are not comfortable, its alright with me. I could just-" I choked out the words.

He paused and looked up at me. "No, its alright. I am alone anyway, so it would be nice if you accompany me here." He smiled at me. My heart melt as his hazel eyes met mine.

"Oh, okay." I did not know what to say, stunned.He continued with his drawing. I sat down, trying not to make so much noise as to distract him from his drawing. I don't know why but my mind start to think about how lady should properly sit, and all those etiquette stuff. No one ever gets me this nervous.

He continued drawing before stopping. Smiling, he turnt at me.
"So, whats your name? I'm Gerard." He gets nearer to me.
"Oh hi Gerard.. Nice name, haha.. I am Aisyah."
"Nice name!" he grinned, mimicking me. I blushed.
"Thanks! So, you like to draw?" By this time, I was struggling to make an eye contact. I hope he does not notice how much I am suffering here...
"Yeah, my grandmother taught me how. She taught me how to perform and sing as well. But I love drawing! I hope one day I could be a cartoonist.. "
"Wow, that's really great!" I felt like slapping myself. That's great?! I have got to be kidding . Here I am sitting beside a gorgeous guy, and all I could say is that?! How smart.
"Aisyah.. " He looked at me closely..His eyebrows furrowed as he eyed my face. His lips formed a straight line.
"Uhh, yes?" My cheeks are burning so bad, I thought I could get a heatstroke!
"Your eyes.." Cold sweat dripped from my forehead.
"Huh? My eyes? What's wrong with them..?" I start to panic. Oh no, maybe I did not remove my mascara properly before rushing to school today.!.No!! Not in front of Gerard!
I wanted to turn away and cover my eyes but his gaze seems to have some magnetic force.

"They're beautiful."
Time stopped. I stared at Gerard, wide-eyed.

"Wha-? I am sorry, maybe I , uh, heard it wrongly.." I turnt away..and stared at my shoes.
"No, you didnt. Aisyah, your eyes are really beautiful." He pushed away my hair and stroke my cheek, willing me to look at him. I shivered.

Suddenly, he withdrew his hand. I was shocked. I looked up and found out why. A teacher had just walked in moments ago, and was now staring at us. I could feel my whole body burning like an oven. I quickly tried to flip open a book, but of course, it was unsuccesful. The book was upside down.