Estrella; where it all began.

But where's your heart?

========
Aisyah POV:

I looked at Frank. His sad smile. His sweet touch as he caressed my face, as I helplessly watch across the other side. Wanting him, yet so much guilt that I don't even think I could breathe anymore.

I looked at Gerard. His hazel eyes, amidst the despair and regret, was finally warm and loving once more.

A smile formed on my lips.

At least, it didn't go to waste, didnt it?

--------------
General POV:

Gerard's eyebrows formed a dead straight line. his eyes, were now a mixture of hazel and tears. Forming in his eyes, forming in his heart, sorrow after the realisation sink in.

His beloved Mikey, left without even saying goodbye. Without opening his eyes one last time, to let him see that warmth once more. Just once more, would be sufficient to last a lifetime in his memory.

Yet, Mikey's eyes remained shut. Closed, sealed. Such cruelty, so oblivious to the pain that he had suffered seeing Mikey in that state.

And in a moment of fury, his arm protested and collided with a porcelain vase. It floated off in mid air before landing straight down with a crash. Splinters richochet everywhere. Hopes shattered.

Tension was flooding the whole room. Everyone felt it. Yet, no one dared to move. No one dared to run away. Everyone, was helplessly, paralysed.

Suddenly, Bob kept quiet. He stopped crying, his voice stuck in his throat as his eyes fixed on the chair. His eyes did not even blinked. His chest stopped moving. His face looked as though someone has splashed him a bucket of white paint.

"Aisyah.."
A faint voice struggled to reply.

And to everyone's horror, they soon found out why Bob was so terrified.

Aisyah, whom they had carried to that chair after she had healed Gerard, was not there at all. Yet, everyone could see the dent made on the chair. Dents that can only be made if someone were to sit there.

"Aisyah?" Frank let out a small whisper, afraid that what he had in mind would be true.
-----
Aisyah POV:
*Thinking*
Frank.. Bob.. Ray.. Gerard.. Mikey... I am here. I can't talk to you. I am too drained. I can only communicate with you through your mind. Forgive me, I tried my best.. I really tried.
--------
General POV:

"Why can I see through you?"
Frank spun his head in an instant and faced Bob.
"I can't see her."
"I can! Can't you see her? She is lying there, her head slumped forward to her chest. Her lips so dry.."
"What?! How could that be? Ray, can you see her?"
"No. Bob, you're scaring me. Are you okay?"
"No, I am seeing her. She is moving now.."
And as if a proof, the dents disappeared, and footsteps can be heard. Moving towards the window. Step by step. Moving towards the mirror. Step by step. Reaching Gerard.

Gerard felt goosebumps all over his body. No one was beside him, yet he could feel a palm clasped lightly on his shoulder. A gesture of comfort and regret. Instead of being scared, he clasped it in return. Stroking it lightly, feeling the texture of the fingers and slowly place it on his cheek.

" I miss you.." he whispered. Tears ran down his cheek, and outlined Aisyah's finger.
Sobs echoed through the whole room. Gerard's hand went back to Mikey, ruffling Mikey's hair.
----------
RAY POV:

Ray, I know you can hear me. Your the only one who can.

What?! Who are you?! Why me? Tell me what's going on! First, Gerard is a vampire. Now, Bob has a sixth sense. Suddenly, I can hear you.

Its me, Aisyah! Ray,the light. The light entitled magic powers to anyone it came into contact with. The magic powers seep through the skin and matches the personality of the person. Ray, you might have the ability of communicating through minds because you loved to guess what other people are thinking. Dont you?

Yes.. I guess. But why Gerard a vampire?

He might love the feeling of the night. He might be thinking a lot of things that has to do with the night life.

Like vampires and death? Ever since his grandmother died, he kept thinking about death.

Yes, that should be the reason why he turnt into a vampire. Don't worry, he is not sensitive to sunlight. At night, he would feel stronger and certainly has the ability to fly. If he feel hungry, he could just feed off from other people's energy. For Bob, I am not so sure yet. People who were given the ability to 'see' are very rare. Bob must be really special to be granted that power. Ray,I am so relieved that no doctors and nurses came into the room. That's why its so forbidden. If this power fell into the wrong hands, it would cause utter destruction.

Wow, Aisyah. I never dreamt of even coming into contact with real magic.

Hahaha!

Yet, how come Frank seemed to be the 'normal ones? And why is Mikey..?

I think the magic is already inside them, just that they have not discovered them yet. I am going to enter Mikey's mind and see what's going wrong inside. Meanwhile, make sure the others don't fall into depression or anything, okay?

Oh ok.. Well, this magic stuff is a bit overwhelming. To be granted powers all of a sudden, will there be side effects?

Ray, you're so naive. No, there wont be side effects. Just dont give in to the temptation of using it in the wrong way.

Oh yes! You gave me a new idea.

Shit.

Nah, you can trust me Aisyah! I won't do that, only if its a must. Hehe!

Phew!

-----------------
RAY POV:
"Ray, why are you staring at the floor? You have been standing there for quite some time..Now are you okay?" Frank walked towards me, his head tilted to the side, eyes staring into me.
"Erm..I .."

Go ahead, tell them. It would be much easier, Ray.

"What is it?" Frank's eyebrow furrowed. He was obviously frustrated already. I couldn't blame him. Mikey's and Aisyah .. gone.Gone. Oh my god, I don't believe I just thought of that.

"Frank, it might be unbelievable but the light granted us powers. Gerard became a vampire. Bob has the sixth sense. I .. Well, I can read people's mind."

"Woah..Oh shit. Ray, are you going to invade my mind?"

"You have to let me in first.."

"Oh.. That is good news.."

"Another thing, Aisyah communicated with me." I noticed Gerard perked up at the mention of her name.

"Aisyah?! Is she okay?" Frank eyed me.

"She told me that you might have your own powers as well. Just that you need to discover them."

"How am I suppose to discover them if I don't even know what I am trying to find?!"

"I don't know either."

"Ray, can you communicate with Mikey? Is there hope?" Gerard suddenly spoke. Gerard's face seem to liven up.
"I don't know. If Mikey don't let me in, I can't read his mind.."
His smile sagged.

The door suddenly burst open. A doctor and two nurses rushed in. They were startled to see the smashed vase and the machine screaming a shrilling BEEP.

"Can everyone leave this room? We have to carry out an operation. Now!"

..........