Estrella; where it all began.

Our eyes locked. The question is, how long can it

He held my hand and dragged me into a corner.

He looked really flushed and was struggling hard not to cry..He held my hands gently and caressed my fingers.

"Aisyah.. I need to tell you something."
"What is it? Gerard, you're scaring me. What's wrong?" I looked at his eyes, trying to penetrate his barrier.

"About what I said earlier, about us.."
"You mean...?"

"I can't lie to you. I don't know. " His hands were shaking under mine. "I don't want to let you be in the dark. The problem is, between us, we ... we can't make it." He choked. Tears of regret and frustration escaped the corner of his eyes.

"Its not that I don't like you.. Its just that.." He sighed. He looked away and shut his eyes.
"What are you saying...? " I could feel my voice shaking with disappointment and anger.

Amidst the cacophony of the mixed feelings between us, a female voice struck.

"Hi there. "

By the time we both heard the voice.. in that split second, Gerard looked at me with such anger and dismay. We turnt to the source of the voice. And he whispered, "Its her."
My stomach did a flip-over.

And with that, he let my hands fall.

"I guess you have met my boyfriend here. My names Belinda."

Belinda. Tall, pretty and I could tell she was among the popular cliques. Her wavy, brown hair and green eyes. Her slender legs and confident posture. She was a catch for any guys out there.

Maybe even for Gerard.

I forced a smile with all the energy I had left after hearing those draining words - her boyfriend. Hers. My dreams shatter like a mirror smashed on a rock.

"Hi. Uh-huh.. Your boyfriend?" I bit my lips as I said those words. I could feel the blood trickling to my tongue.

"You didn't know? Oh you poor thing. Everyone knows that he's mine." She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him on the cheek. Gerard didn't even look at her.

I feel so disgusted even to be standing with this girl. Something about her.... Oh yes, her I-am-so-much-better-than-you aura is pissing me off.

"Gerard, you're not cheating on me are you?"
I could feel claws forming from my bones.

"With this girl over here?"

And then I burst.

"What do you mean by him cheating on you? You think I am desperate? Don't you look down at me!" Gerard looked at me with wide eyes, shocked by my sudden outbursts. My fists clenched and I was ready to transform into a lion and just bite her fucking heart out. That is if she have one.

"Oh dear. You're mad. Well, you do look like the sort that -"

I almost punched her. But Frank was there just in time to stopped my hand from reaching her damn face. URGH! I would have loved my fists to be tattooed on her face. Maybe I could even sign my signature on it too!

"Aisyah, don't do this." His emerald eyes stared into me and my heart softened. I relaxed my fists. I could feel the claws inside me retracting back just before it pierced my skin.

"Gerard, could you please tell this girl to mind her manners? And remember our promise. Or you'll regret it." She sneered and walked away to join her clique.

Man, that wretched bitch.
Frank looked at me. He look pained. I just kept on staring at Gerard, still boiling.
"Guys, I know this is a bad time. But, we need your help. Both of you. Gerard, you know John Lavitsky?"

Gerard nodded, slowly turning to Frank.

Bob added on. "He's about to embarass Mikey in front of the whole school tomorrow."

"Gerard, he saw my.." Mikey paused.

"Underwear." continued Frank.

I became confused. What are they talking about?

Ray saw the confused look sprawled all over my face. He explained to me that John Lavitsky is a member of Bert's gang. Yes, the Bert McCracken. And right now, they have followed Bob, Ray, Mikey and Frank all the way here. WHat I mean by they is a whole bunch of 16 guys ready to fight.

Somehow, something about the whole situation gave me an idea.

"Guys, I'll be right back. To get help"

I was off.

I rushed into the nearby toilet. I cracked my head and searched through the dumps for ideas. If I don't act fast, my newfound friends will end up lying on the floor! No, I won't let that happen. Not in a million years. Never.

I know I needed to do something. But what?

I fingered the gold locket that hang down by my neck. The very locket my friends in Queriah gave to me in order to prevent myself from being detected.

In a flash, in the back of my mind, I saw the eyes of my beloved friends. Staring back at me. Deceased. Killed by the monster that was released accidentally in Queriah. Accidentally, that's what the headmasters told me. I knew better. That black-headed, six-foot, six-eyed monster was out to kill me and bring me to Vordon. Vordon knew I had a sacred jewel hidden in my heart. To kill me and get the sacred jewel would mean his resurrection. And the doom of all magical beings in Queriah and possibly, Earth.

My friends had once protected me and gave up their lives. Now, the least I could do is to protect Gerard and the others.

Time flew.

And then it hit me.

-------------------------------------------

BOB POV:

Bert walked towards us, with arms folded and his nose high up in the air . His greasy hair swayed. With him, are his clan, 15 of them, cackling and mocking us. Some of them were punching their fists into their palms.

I realised, they were truly ready to cause some serious problem.

Frank, Ray, Gerard, Mikey and me against all of them?! I prayed for the bell to ring faster than usual.

My heart thumped and pounded in my chest. I stood next to Gerard. Frank and Ray did the same. They looked at Gerard and nodded with determination. Mikey held Gerard's hands tightly. I heard him whisper " We are going to make it" as we waited for doom to come.

I wished I could believe what Gerard told me.

"So, Bobby. Long time no see eh? How's your lil Mikey? Still in love with Spongebob Squarepants?" Bert chortled. Hoots of cackle slapped us in the face.

The resentment build inside me.

"What are you here for huh? To rattle on about you being so goddamn better? Just fuck off." I hollered.

Bert's eyebrows furrowed. He moved one step towards me.

Gerard advanced towards Bert. The muscles in his body tensed."One more step, and you're pulp."

Mikey placed his right hand on Gerard's shoulder. "Gerard...."

"Now now, Gerard? You want me in pulp? Do you even dare to scratch the face you once fondly caressed and adored? " Another round of cackle rose like some sick disease.

Gerard ears turnt red. He narrowed his eyes into tiny slits. "I mean it Bert."

Bert gazed at Mikey. And then at Gerard, Frank, Ray and me. He grinned.

He snapped his fingers. Without delaying, his clan circled us.

Mikey shivered. Adreline pumped through me. Frank went into his usual takwando stance. Ray flexed his arms and looked around to make sure no one had made the first move. Gerard spit on the floor.
They were about to attack us when..

"Ahem." A loud, low raspy voice bellowed from our left. Ten, tall, black, burly guys wearing shades and in suits emerged.

"Leave them alone. If you are going to give them shit, you're gonna face us first. Dickhead."

I could hear everyone going "Woahh.."
Except for me. My jaw practically dropped.

I guess God did hear me after all!

Bert looked shocked. Very shocked.
"Woah, dude. You never told me you had bodyguards."

The guys in suits walked over to us.
They actually looked straight in midair, and used their belly to push Bert's clan away. It was as though they were normally walking, with no one in front of them!
I could not believe my eyes. If I was not so shocked, I would have been rolling on the floor.. laughing out my ass.

Then, the tallest one bend down and blowed a puff of smoke into Bert's face. He mouthed the words -Fuck off.

Bert raised his hands high up, in surrender. He ordered his clan to retreat.
I guffawed. And so did Frank. Gerard smiled. Mikey heaved a sigh of relief. Ray look pretty puzzled.

But Bert stayed exactly where he was. And glared at us.

"What are you waiting for? You want to end this the hard way? "

Bert looked up at the black guy and walked backwards. And then the whole clan left.

"WoohoO!!" Frank exclaimed!

We looked at each other and high fived.

"How come they knew which ones were Bert's clan? We didn't even know their names!" Ray looked utterly confused.
And then we became silent.

Ray was right. Who were they?

I turned to my right to thank those guys.

But, there was one problem..

They were nowhere in sight.