Estrella; where it all began.

Premonition

Where am I? Everything was pitch black. I can't see a thing at all! I wanted to scream but only a gasp escaped my lips.

I felt my surroundings. My fingers came into contact with cold, hard and a rough surface. Why is it so cold here? And why is it pitch black? I never slept in so much darkness.

What is wrong with my eyes? Maybe they are just closed and that I imagined I had opened them. I straightaway felt my eyes and touch my eyeball. No, it is indeed open. But this whole place..

I tried to move my legs and my whole body. Something blocked me. It held me there, lying down with the inability to turn to my left nor right.
Why do i feel so cramped up like this?

Suddenly, a flash of light blarred at my eyes. My eyes felt a stinge of pain as the light blast its way into my iris. Like a reflex reaction, I immediately closed my eyes and blocked the light with my hand. I squint my eyes even harder. The pain of being blinded was too unbearable.

What is this place?
Then the lights dimmed a little. Just enough for me to open my eyes and looked around.

A coffin?! Why the heck am I in a coffin anyway?! Had I been sleeping in it the whole time? Where am I?

I hurriedly sat up and climbed out of the coffin. But I am still stuck. I felt the walls that trapped me.
Soil. Wait, why am I trapped by soils?

I tried to piece everything back. A coffin, soils, darkness...
Does that mean I'm dea- ... NO! It can't be!
I shook my head as if to shook the living thought from my head.
I can breathe right? I can feel? So I am still alive right?
I can't see what lies in front of me. It was too dark.

I need to get out of here. I need to find my way home.

"Where is everyone? Frank? Mrs Iero? Anyone?!" My voice dripped with trepidation.

Silence.

I felt my chest heaved up and down in panic. My eyes began to wander everywhere. The only thing that I can see clearly is the coffin.

My legs began to wobble and stagger, aimless. Which way should I go?
This way? No. Maybe I should go the other way. The other way feels safer. Am I right?
My head was burning and feeling so confused. My heart pounded so hard, it felt like it was going to explode and burst along with its arteries and veins. I clenched my fists so hard, it was drenched with perspiration...

Without warning, my mind conjured up images of Gerard. Him smiling.
Him looking at me, teasing me. The way he made me feel. The way he bowed his head in embarassment, yet still looking me straight in the eye and smiled. The intense longing for his presence to be with me. Every single second.

The ache never left me.

Somehow, in a weird sense, thinking about Gerard gave me strength. I want to see that smile, again. I want to hear him calling my name. His touch, his scent, his warmth. Everything.

Yet I felt hopeless at the same time. Would I be able to get out of wherever-i-am in time?

Where am I? Am I really dea-

RRIIINNNGGGGG!!!

"AAAHHHH!!!!!" My eyes flashed open. I felt myself becoming heavier. It was as though I was revived from death.
Damn. Must be that alarm clock. Thanks to it anyway. I was having such a mind-annilating nightmare...But it felt so real. Did it mean anything? I knew dreams may be just a mind's play but it felt too real. Too real to just be a nightmare....

Then, I saw familiar images. My cupboard, the mirror, the daylight that streamed through my windows, the door left ajar.

I was relieved.

Wait! Wait just a minute there... The last time I remembered, the door was closed!

I tried to stand up to close the door. But my hand was under something heavy.

I turnt to my left.
There, neatly tucked under the blanket, Frank was sleeping peacefully beside me.

A frisson of surprise shot through me.

He was smiling, the same way Gerard did. The wind soared past my window and gently blowed Frank's face. Birds chirped. He moved a little, as though enjoying the wind's embrace. I smiled.

With my other hand, I reached for him and gently stroked his face. He feels smooth and soft and warm. I played with his face. A giggle escaped my lips. Now, I realised how much I missed having someone to snuggle up with.

He smiled wider. Did he know that I was playing with him? Or is he just pretending to sleep?

Frankie, he is simply beautiful. He gave me such a pleasant feeling. I feel calm and-and...loved.

Suddenly, his eyelids fluttered. He let out a yawn but stopped halfway. I wanted to move away but I can't. Maybe, I just didn't want to.

He ,looking so sleepy seconds ago, was now awake. His eyes are wide open and his mouth let out a tiny gasp.

I knew why.

We, two friends who just went through a bad day, were now sleeping on the same bed...With hands hugging each other. Plus the fact that I had played with his face earlier.

What more can one possibly think?

One second I saw Frank opened his mouth.
The next...

"AHHHHHH!!!"

It was so sudden that I moved back and knocked my head on the wall.

I guess in that one move, I also pushed Frank off the bed.

"OW!" Both of us exclaimed at the same time.