Status: Updates when I can!

Lampposts, Demonic Siblings and a Broken Toaster. Can It Get Any Worse?

Deadlier Than a Shark in a Pool of Blood

School was even weirder.

Crystal was even weirder.

Everything was weirder.


First of all, Crystal talked to me like she knew what I was seeing. When a Shadow-walker passed through in the corridor, she would whisper to me not to look at it – which I already knew. Secondly, I sometimes caught her doing something unusual – like manipulating water from the water fountain – in the middle of the corridor.

“Crystal,” I asked. “How come you know so much about this stuff?”

“What stuff?” She asked innocently. As if she didn't know!

This stuff!” I waved my hand around, indicating the Invisible Being stealing Miss Garners left shoe, and the mischievous Nibbler nicking biscuits and cake.

“I'm one of them.” Wham, just like that.
Somehow, I wasn't even the tiniest surprised. “So, what are you?”

Smiling, she out her fingers to her lips in a shh, don't tell kind of way. “I'm a faerie.”
I raised my eyebrows. “So is that how you granted my wish?”

Her laughter was like a chiming of bells, tinkling in moonlight. “Of course! Wasn't it obvious?”
I just shook my head in disbelief. Was the world going crazy?

“Want to go shopping after school today?” She asked me, like our other conversation didn't even exist.
I shrugged, smiling. “Sure, why not?”

Crystal smiled, exhibiting her perfect pearly teeth. I watched her as the skipped away to class, how could someone's blond curls be so freaking long?

School went by quickly, quicker than everything ever could. I raced through Math, sprinted through Art & Design and before I knew it, I was on the way to the mall with Crystal.

We entered a music store, where me and Crystal split up in the search for our favorites. Being such a freak about new music, I went down the isle where the newest albums were sold. There I saw a Nibbler, stuffing a My Chemical Romance down it's trademark ragged clothing.

Clicking it's teeth, it then went on to picking his nose, and sticking the globules of mucus underneath the shelves. I shuddered, causing it to turn it's rugby ball-shaped head at me, blinking his over-sized moist eyes in bewilderment.

The Nibbler snarled at me, revealing surprisingly pointed fangs, like those of a shark. Three rows of teeth like those were built in it's mouth, perfect for ripping flesh off bones (which was why they were used as torture tools in dungeons, alongside the possession of a Shadow-walker).

Crystal told me that if I ever saw a Nibbler snarl or growl at me, I was to turn and run, so that's what I did. Just before I managed to turn my heel, the Nibbler grabbed my ankle, sinking its dirty green talons into my flesh. I felt it break the bones, I felt my Achilles heel snap, wrenching a blood-curdling howl of pain to erupt from my mouth. “You utter, utter bastard!!!!” I shrieked, grabbing it's pointed ears and throwing him into the nearest Cheap Offers display.

I limped my way to the Classical Music section, where Crystal was making a decision of Mozart or Beethoven. After glancing up, she took one glance at my heaving lungs and bleeding ankle and grabbed my arm, swung me into a piggy-back position and ran out the shop quick.

“What the Hell is a Nibbler doing in public?” I panted, my ankle oozing sticky scarlet over my already scabby trainers.

A Nibbler; a small, ignorant sort of elf with muddy brown skin and a greenish body color. They have three rows of extremely sharp teeth, strong enough to tear through tires. They are so stupid, they could easily mistake their own parents for an enemy, and tear them to pieces. Nibblers may be stupid, but they're even more dangerous than a shark in a pool of blood. They live in the wilderness and tend to avoid humanity as much as possible.

In reply, Crystal only stared at me with scarily blank eyes. “I don't know!” She whispered, chewing her nails. “I really don't know.”

At that moment I felt truly scared, as Crystals fear seeped into me. If Crystal was afraid of something like this, was there anything I could hope for?
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't forget to leave a comment! Don't be a silent reader!