Everything is Not What it Seems

Chapter Twelve

Kaylee’s POV-

I love the elevators here, I thought, they play the best music. At the moment it was playing Hot and Cold by Katy Perry, also known as one of the songs that was made into a band movie back home. Wow I miss my old band!

“Why the heck did you scream?” They all yelled at me.

“This is my band’s, back home in Washington, song!” I exclaimed extremely happy. So what else did I do but sing along!

You change your mind
Like a girl changes clothes
Yeah you, PMS
Like a bitch
I would know

And you always think
Always speak
Crypticly

I should know
That you're no good for me

Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in and you're out
You're up and you're down
You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up

You, You don't really want to stay, no
You, but you don't really want to go-o
You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in and you're out
You're up and you're down

We used to be
Just like twins
So in sync
The same energy
Now's a dead battery
Used to laugh bout nothing
Now your plain boring

I should know that
you're not gonna change

Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in and you're out
You're up and you're down
You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up

You, You don't really want to stay, no
You, but you don't really want to go-o
You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in and you're out
You're up and you're down

Someone call the doctor
Got a case of a love bi-polar
Stuck on a roller coaster
Can't get off this ride

You change your mind
Like a girl changes clothes

Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in and you're out
You're up and you're down
You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up

You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in and you're out
You're up and you're down
You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up

You, you don't really want to stay, no
You, but you don't really want to go-o
You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in and you're out
You're up and you're down

About half way through the song I felt a warm hand cover my mouth, which scared the crap out of me and I heard someone say in my ear,” There is a reason you are in band.” That was just plain mean to say so instead of licking their hand I bit it because one that was mean and two he scared me.

“Ouch!” Matt exclaimed,” What the heck was that for?”

“One that was really mean to say, even if it might be true, and two you scared me!” I explained.

“Well I’m sorry, but you didn’t need to bite me.” Matt said examining his hand, I couldn’t have bitten him that hard, oh well.

“Just to let you know I was planning on just licking your hand because you covered my mouth during one of my favorite songs,” Also because I hate it when people do that ever since what happened to me in sixth grade,” But since you said that I sang bad I bit you instead.”

“Like I said I’m sorry.” Matt said sounding sincere.

“What happened during sixth grade?” Seth whispered in my ear. Darn, I forgot that he can read my mind.

“I might tell you some other time.” I said

“Fine, but you do know that you can tell me anything right?” Seth asked giving me a kiss on the cheek.

“Yes I know that.” I responded smiling to myself.

Matt’s POV-

I seriously regret putting my hand over Kaylee’s mouth to make her stop singing because one, she bites hard, and two apparently something bad happened in sixth grade to her, and three Seth kissed her, on the cheek, but still he kissed her!

-Sam- Chill out it was bound to happen.

-Matt- I know but I wish they wouldn’t.

- David- I think we need to find out what happened to her in sixth grade. Whatever happened it doesn’t sound good.

-Matt- You know what sounds bad, what is going to happen to you if you keep reading my mind! I agree though.

-David- Sorry but you are the one whose thoughts were in English so don’t blame us! I hope it is nothing too bad though.

-Matt- Me too but my gut is telling me it is something bad.

-David- My gut is telling me I’m hungry!

-Sam- When is your gut not saying that?

-David- Good point!

“Oh my god!” David basically screamed,” Can this elevator be any slower I’m so hungry!” Sam and I just rolled our eyes.

“I am in agreement!” Seth said.

“Hungry much?” Kaylee mumbled and I tried my hardest not to laugh.

“Hey we heard that!” Seth and David said together.

“I don’t care.” Kaylee said back.

“That’s not nice, you don’t care?” Seth asked Kaylee. I swear I was either going to barf or hurt someone if I was in this elevator much longer with that going on.

“I do care, but then again I don’t.” Kaylee replied, maybe she didn’t care about him that would be awesome, but the possibility of that is like zero. I can still hope.

“Well then I see how it is.” Seth said stepping away from Kaylee faking being hurt.

“Not like that,” Kaylee complained and wrapped her arms around his torso, which made me mad and jealous. I wish I was in his position, while thinking that I let a small growl escape, which in turn made Seth look at me funny.

“Chill out Matt,” Sam said in my ear,” I thought you said you didn’t want conflict.”

“I know what I said I just don’t like it when they are lovey dovey around all of us.” I complained

“I understand.” He said back

Then the elevator doors opened and David and Seth ran out of the elevator because they were so hungry.

“God they must me really hungry!” Kaylee staring at the place Seth disappeared.

“I’d say, I don’t think in all the years I have known them that I have seen them that hungry before.” Will commented.

“Same here,” I said and started walking to the cafeteria and I felt someone jump on my back.” I’m going to guess you want a ride then?”

“Yes I do,” Kaylee responded happily.

“Can’t you walk any faster?” Kaylee complained after a little while.

“No, I don’t want you to puke again.” I explained to her, which was one of the reasons I was walking slow, another reason was that I wanted to annoy her, and another was that I wanted to be alone with her.

“Come on, please a little faster you are walking so fast that a snail could beat you to the cafetria. Wait, actually look at that snail there,” Kaylee said pointing to the ground where a snail was actually walking faster than me,” It’s walking faster than you!” That made me laugh, and when I was laughing I stopped walking completely just to annoy her.

“Okay fine I’ll walk faster but if you get sick it’s not my fault, and you better not blame it on me.” I warned. I started walking faster because I didn’t want some snail going faster than I was and because I didn’t want her thinking I liked her or even that I imprinted on her. That would be horrible, I shuddered at the thought.

“Thank you,” Kaylee said I could tell that she was irritated that I was walking so slowly.” What’s wrong?” She asked apparently she noticed that I had shuddered.

“Uh nothing, I’m just cold.” I lied.

“That not true, you are burning up.” She commented.

“Why thank you!” I said twisting her words.

“Not like that!” She said while hitting me on the head.

“Ouch that hurt!” I faked

“Sorry,” She said

“Here we are thank you for riding the Matthew express, have a fantastic day!” I said letting her get down she just rolled her eyes and went inside.

I walked into the cafeteria and noticed at once it was burger day, my favorite day! I grabbed three burgers and a thing of waffle fries, and put ketchup on both. I walked over after I was done with my condiments and got some fruit punch, then went and sat by Will.

About an hour and lots of food later everyone was done eating and Kaylee was almost falling asleep.

“Do you want me to carry you back to the room?” Seth asked Kaylee

“If you don’t mind,” Kaylee responded extremely sleepily. At that I growled, but quickly covered it up with a cough. Nobody seemed to notice except Sam and David whose faces were pretty much screaming chill out.

In the elevator the song Dear Maria, Count Me In by All Time Low was playing and I started to hum to it.

I got your picture
I'm coming with you
Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle
And I'm the pen

When the lights go off
I wanna watch the way you
Take the stage by storm
The way you wrap those boys around your finger
Go on and play the leader
'Cause you know it's what you're good at
The low road for the fast track
Make every second last

'Cause I got your picture
I'm coming with you
Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle
And I'm the pen
Make it count when I'm the one
Who's selling you out
'Cause it feels like stealing hearts
Calling your name from the crowd

Then in the field you'll be the show girl of the home team
I'll be the narrator
Telling another tale of the American dream

I see your name in lights
We can make you a star
Girl, we'll take the world by storm
It isn't that hard

'Cause I got your picture
I'm coming with you
Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle
And I'm the pen
Make it count when I'm the one
Who's selling you out
'Cause it feels like stealing hearts
Calling your name from the crowd
Whoa...

Ha ha..

Take a breath, don't it sound so easy
Never had a doubt
Now I'm going crazy watching from the floor
Take a breath and let the rest come easy
Never settle down
'Cause the cash flow leaves me always wanting more

'Cause I got your picture
I'm coming with you
Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle
And I'm the pen
Make it count when I'm the one
Who's selling you out
'Cause it feels like stealing hearts
Calling your name from the crowd

'Cause I got your picture
I'm coming with you
Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle

Nobody but me was singing or humming to the song this time. Next thing I knew the elevator stopped and it was our floor. Everyone got out and went their separate ways to our rooms. David got to our room first so the door was already unlocked when I reached it. When I got in the room I shut the door and went over to my bed, Daavid was already in the bathroom taking a shower. Five minutes later I heard him yell. Yes, I thought, he must be looking in the mirror. David came out of the bathroom in just his boxers, gag.

“Holy crap Matt what the heck?” He screamed at me. I started laughing my butt off. His hair was now hot pink.

“It’s a good look for you!” I managed to say between laughs.

“What the heck?” He screamed again, he was obviously angry at me.

“Well seeing as my hair is extremely red and yours only had sparkles in it I just saw it fitting that yours be a different color too. I still have to get Kaylee back and I know what I’m going to do I just have to wait for the right time.” I explained still laughing.

“Why hot pink?” He asked agitated

“As I said it’s a good color on you!” I said my laughter dying down.

“It is on like Donkey Kong!” David said

“Whatever,” I said pulling out the book I had been reading earlier this morning, The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley.
♠ ♠ ♠
My inspiration for the song Hot and Cold to play is from my school's marching band. A few people actually made up a dance to the song its AMAZING you should go check it out the link is here--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2NFMILpRpg <-- check it out its pretty cool! Thanks for reading! Comment please!