Everything is Not What it Seems

Chapter Fourteen

I knocked on the headmaster’s door and heard someone inside say come in. I opened the door and walked in.

“Hello Miss. Anderson, good afternoon,” The headmaster said as I sat down in a chair in front of his massive desk.

“Good afternoon to you too headmaster,” I responded.

“I would like to go over a few things with you about school. First your audition for the wind ensemble here is going to be at 11:00 in the band room.” He told me

“Okay I will be there.” I almost forgot that the auditions were going to be held soon, oops.

“Second,” The headmaster said interrupting my train of thought,” I have a question for you, what have your friends told you about this school?”

“They have informed me that this school is for vampires and werewolves.” I said ready to say more of what they have told me but the headmaster started talking again.

“That’s good that they have told you. The last thing I wanted to speak with you about is your schedule. I have put you in “regular” classes, as you will see on your schedule. At least one of your friends, if not more, are in each of your classes except for your first class which is your individual studies. I would like to tell you that some of the classes that we teach here, none of which you are in, are classes just for vampires and werewolves. They are classes like strength classes, self control classes, vampire and werewolf studies, and others like that.”

“Okay thank you sir.” I said.

“If you have any problems with any of your classes please come see me and good luck with your audition tomorrow.” The headmaster said.

“I will sir, and thank you.” I said pulling myself up from the chair and heading out of the room.

I found Seth waiting for me in a chair outside the headmaster’s office.” Are you ready?” I asked.

“Yes I am,” He responded getting up and taking my hand in his. We walked over to the cafeteria because we were both hungry and the guys had texted Seth saying that they were there.

When we got to the cafeteria I spotted the guys at our usual table talking and eating, so Seth and I proceeded to get breakfast still holding hands. How I ever got to the table without dropping anything is a complete mystery to me.

“What did the headmaster want?” David asked as we sat down,” He didn’t catch you two making out did he?” I turned a bright shade of red.” He did didn’t he?” David said obviously noticing my really red face.

“No,” I exclaimed,” He just wanted to talk to me about school. Like my classes, the whole werewolf/ vampire thing, and about my wind ensemble audition tomorrow.”

“My theory sounded more interesting.” David said under his breath. Which made me kick him, let me tell you that was a big mistake!

“Oh my god owwwwww!” I screamed

“What’s wrong?” Seth asked panicked.

“I kicked David; I think I broke my leg.” I said in complete agony and being extremely close to tears.

“That was not smart.” Seth said picking me up trying not to disturb my leg, but that didn’t work to well because as he picked me up pain shot through my leg.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked stupidly.

“To the nurse of course,” Seth said accidentally shifting me causing pain to shoot through my leg again.

“Owww, okay” I said. I defiantly shouldn’t have kicked David this is causing me too much pain.

“I’m sorry,” Seth said kissing the top of my head.” I think you broke more than one bone. Next time please don’t kick him let me or someone else do the job for you, I don’t even think he felt that.”

“Fine,” I responded.

We arrived at the nurse’s office and when we walked in the nurse shot up out of her chair and came running over.

“What happened dear?” She asked.

“I kicked one of my friends in the leg and I think I might have broken something.” I said sheepishly. I was almost writhing in pain my leg hurt so badly but I am trying not to let anyone see that I’m actually in pain.

“I am certain you did; let me examine it just to see how badly you broke it. Mr. Whitfield lay her down right here.” She said pointing to a table like thing.

The nurse took one look at my leg and said,” It is defiantly broken, in five different places to be exact. Two places in your foot, two in your leg, and one right above your knee. We will have to put you in a cast.” I was informed.

“Are you serious? Five places, just my luck.” I said my leg still hurting like crazy.

“I am afraid so, what color cast would you like?”

“Do you have turquoise?” I asked trying to hide how much pain I was in.

The nurse lady had to cut my jeans off me because the stupid cast came way past my knee, to my mid thigh to be exact. Seth had to run back to our dorm to grab a pair of shorts for me to wear and he accidentally grabbed a pair of his shorts. The nurse lady gave me crutches and this rubber thing to put over my leg while I was in the shower. The only thing she forgot to give me was pain medicine which I wasn’t about to ask for. Seth picked me up and all of the stuff the nurse gave me and we headed back to the caf.

We sat back down at our table, well Seth sat me down and as soon as we sat down David was apologizing like crazy. It was amusing actually.

“Holy crow Kaylee I’m sorry!”

“Wow that’s a gnarly cast you’ve got there.” Sam said,” Wait are those Seth’s shorts?”

“I broke five bones in my leg. Yes these are Seth’s shorts. The nurse had to cut my jeans off because she didn’t dare disrupt my leg, and those were my favorite jeans too!” I exclaimed.

“You broke your leg in five places?” Cooper exclaimed.

“Yes, thank you David.” I said rather sarcastically.

“You are very welcome.” David said.

“Why Seth’s shorts?” Sam questioned.

“It was the first thing I grabbed when I got in our room.” Seth explained, his shorts were rather comfortable, but a bit big.

“Does anybody have any Advil or any other kind of pain killer?” I asked giving in my leg felt like it was about to explode any second now.

“Yeah I do the nurse gave it to me as we were leaving.” Seth said handing me three Advil.

“You didn’t tell me this why?” I questioned taking the Advil.

“The nurse and I didn’t think you were in that much pain. Why were you in pain?” Seth asked

“Yeah I am in so much pain right now my leg feels likes it’s about to explode. Normally when you break something you are going to be in pain.” I said a little ticked off.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know that you were in pain.” Seth said.

“It’s okay I have pain killers now.” I said.

When we were all done eating Seth and I headed back to our dorm. I attempted to walk with the crutches but I almost fell, so Seth picked me up and carried me the rest of the way.

When we got in our room Seth put my crutches, and shower thing on my side of the room and then sat me down on his bed. Then he put in the movie Finding Nemo. I laughed and he said,” What I like this movie is that a crime?”

“No it’s just funny.” I told him. He hit the play button then came over and sat down next to me.

“You are cruel you know that.” I said

“How am I cruel?” He asked.

“Well because you put my crutches and I on opposite side of the room.” I explained.

“That’s not cruel you have me so you don’t need the crutches.” Seth explained. I just rolled my eyes and started to watch the movie.

It is really hard to concentrate on the movie when Seth is saying all the lines in your ear.

“Why is it that you yelled at me when I was saying the lines to Harry Potter but now you are saying the lines to Nemo?” I questioned.

“Well mostly because you haven’t stopped me yet.” Seth said simply turning around to face me and moving his black hair out of his eyes.

“Could you please stop?” I asked

“Certainly, how is your leg feeling?” He asked looking down at my leg.

“It’s okay I guess it’s rather odd though having my leg in the same position all the time.” I said wishing I never kicked David.

“Yeah that could be a tad weird not being able to move it. Do you mind if I sign your cast?” He asked

“Sure why not?” I said as he got up and started rummaging through his closet for something. He came out of his closet a minute or so later with a pretty large bag of sharpies and I started to get scared.

After about a half hour the whole left side of my cast was covered with designs done by Seth. The main design being a treble clef symbol with a drum stick incorporated into it. It was awesome. The rest of the side had Seth’s name in a whole bunch of different colors and in one part it said,” Property of Seth!” which made me laugh.

“Do you like it?” Seth asked.

“I love it; the,” Property of Seth!” is great.” I said laughing and giving Seth a hug.

“Sorry I couldn’t resist, do you like the treble clef with the drum stick incorporated into it?” He asked.

“Yes I do I think it is very creative. I also like how you wrote your name numerous times in various colors!” I said giving him another hug.

“No problem I even left room for all the other guys to sign also.” He said.

“I saw that.”

“Would you like me to get them in here to sign it now or would you like to wait till later?” He asked.

“Sure why not?” I said, this is going to take a while.

A few minutes later David was signing, well decorating my cast. His section said,” I’m sorry I broke your leg!” with his name repeated over and over in black. Matt being funny wrote,” Next time don’t kick a werewolf!” and his name repeated in green. Seth side was still the best side on my cast, in my own opinion. Cooper signed his name a million and one times in blue with, “I’m happy you were sent here, you defiantly keep our lives interesting! Though the next time you try to entertain us please don’t kick a werewolf! That was not a brilliant idea.” Will wrote,” If you can read this you can read this you are standing too close!” and he had his name signed loads of times in red. Sam was the last to sign my cast and he wrote,” Next time you want to kick or hit David please and I will do it for you.” He also signed his name a half a million times but in purple.

“Wow thanks for those words of wisdom!” I said rather sarcastically which made them laugh.

Signing my cast had taken forever; it was now time for lunch.

“Okay before we go to lunch I would like to test something!” Will exclaimed throwing me over his shoulder.

“Hey put me down!” I exclaimed pounding on his back but not hard enough to do any damage I have learned my lesson on trying to harm any of these guys.

“Okay move to where you can’t read what I wrote on Kaylee’s cast anymore.” Will said completely ignoring me.

All of the guys were pushed up against the wall and they said that they could still read what Will wrote perfectly.

“Well maybe this will keep some of the guys here away from her.” Will said laughing.

“Is that what you were testing?” Seth asked removing me from Will’s shoulder.

“Yes it was.” Will said.

“I am hungry lets go to the cafeteria already!” David exclaimed

“Yeah I’m hungry too.” Seth agreed with me still in his arms walking out of the room.

“I can walk you know!” I said.

“I know but with crutches you are slow.” Seth explained.

“What are you going to do when school starts and you aren’t in any of my classes? I am going to have to use my crutches.” I explained.

“That is later this is now and I am going to carry you.” Seth said.

“Whatever,” I said defeated.

When we arrived at the cafeteria Seth brought me over to the table and asked me what I wanted to eat. I told him that I wasn’t really hungry and all I wanted was water. I hate feeling helpless; I liked doing things on my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe? Comment?