Everything is Not What it Seems

Chapter Fifteen

While the guys were loading their plates with food the headmaster came over and talked with me.

"The nurse told me that you broke your leg, are you alright?" He asked me.

"I'm a little better now but the pain is starting to come back." I told the headmaster.

"If you like I can get you some pain killers for your leg. I heard you broke it in five different places, how did you manage that?" He questioned.

"That would be greatly appreciated sir. Yes I did break my leg in five different areas. I managed that because I kicked David. That is something I will never do again." I said.

"I wouldn't advise you to do that either. Well Mrs. Grey, the nurse, told me that you will have that cast on for six weeks and then a smaller cast for four weeks." He has got to be kidding me!

"That's a long time." I exclaimed.

"Yes, well that what you get when you kick a werewolf. I will go get you some pain killer you look like you are in a lot of pain." The headmaster said standing up.

"Thank you sir." I said as he left.

"What was that about?" Seth said sitting down next to me and handing me water.

"Thanks, I'll tell you when everyone else sits down because I don't feel like repeating myself 100 times." I said taking a sip of my water.

"Okay then," Seth said shoving the biggest chicken tender I have ever seen into his mouth.

Each guy sat down and asked me what the headmaster was doing talking to me and David came up behind me and scared the crap out of me making me spit the water that had been in my mouth all over Matt. I made David go get paper towels to clean Matt off with. Once he came back I explained why the headmaster had been talking to me and after I had said everything the headmaster came with my pain killers.

"Here you go Miss. Anderson, this is morphine it is a lot stronger than Advil." He told me; thank god my leg feels as though it’s going to explode!

"Thank you very much sir." I said popping the pill in my mouth.

"No problem that should keep you pain free until tomorrow. If you need more pain killers tomorrow just go down to the nurse's office." He told me.

"Okay thank you sir." I said again.

"Have a good day and good luck tomorrow." He said then vanished.

"Why didn't you tell us you were in pain?" Seth demanded.

"I don't like feeling weak or saying I'm in pain unless I can't stand the pain anymore." I explained.

"Well no offence but that's exactly what you are compared to us at least. We are indestructible while you are extremely fragile." Davis said.

"Whatever you say that's just how I am. What are we doing today?" I questioned.

"Before you broke your leg we were planning to go to the pool." Will said.

"You guys can still go; I will just sit and read or something." I said.

"Okay let's go then." Everyone was done eating so Seth picked me up and carried me back to our room.

My mouth dropped to the floor when Seth came out of the bathroom in a Speedo. Just kidding he was wearing a pair of blood red, black, and white swim trunks. I don't care how hot of a body you have nobody can pull off a Speedo.

"Are you ready?" Seth asked.

"Yes I am." Wow I just realized that I was still wearing Seth's shorts, but without my Beatles shirt because I had changed into a red tank top, and I started blushing.

"Why are you blushing?" Seth asked.

"I just realized I was still wearing your shorts." I explained.

"That’s fine. You look cute in them." He said the last part so softly that I'm not sure he actually said them. Then he picked me up along with his towel and I instantly became cold because Seth hadn't put a shirt on and he was holding me against his chest.

"It took you guys long enough!" Davis exclaimed diving into the pool.

"You know she gets sick if I run fast." Seth said laying me down on his towel that was on a recline-able chair." Kaylee you forgot your book."

"It's okay I'll live, I can just watch you guys swim." I said.

"Whatever floats your boat." He said and leaned down and kissed me on the cheek.

I just noticed that Seth's smell is intoxicating! I smelt it when he kissed me and it was coming off his towel, and well it smelt good!

They were in the pool for about four hours, I wanted more than anything to just run and jump in the pool and start swimming, but no thanks to me kicking David in the leg I can't do that for about 10 weeks.

I looked over at the pool and saw David holding Seth under water screaming," Die leech boy die!" Then he obviously realized that he couldn't die so he started screaming," Dang that's right you can't die you immortal fool!" Then he let Seth up, that whole thing made me laugh because David can be so retarded.

Later the guys held a tricks contest to see who could do the best trick and the made me judge them. Seth did a triple back flip, it was awesome. Sam feeling lazy did a cannon ball that made a huge splash. Matt dove halfway across the pool acting like superman. Will shocked/ scared me doing a perfect toe touch into a penguin dive, it was hysterical. Cooper did a double front flip into a cannonball. Lastly David attempted a front flip but failed and did a belly flop, and when he came out of the water I started laughing because his stomach was completely red. I crowned David the winner because he made me laugh. He then came over to me and gave me a hug. The other guys, aka the losers, came over too to give me hugs but they did it to get me wet.

While in the elevator the song Poker Face by Lady Gaga started playing and I had to plug my ears because that song is just so horrible/ annoying. Though no matter how hard I pushed my hands to my ears I could still hear her singing! Finally the elevator stopped at our floor and the music stopped playing, thank god! When we got to our room Seth put me down on my bed while he went to go take a shower. I decided to check my e-mail. I had and e-mail from Jason, Cassy, and my brother. The one from Jason read:

Kaylee,
I told Cassy how I felt about her and she said she felt the same way! Isn't that great? Anyways, what's new with you?
Much love Jason

Wow that was short! I responded with:

Dear Jason,
Hey, congrats that's awesome! What's new with me? Well I have a boyfriend Seth, my roommate, he is awesome. Also today I broke my leg kicking one of my friends! I broke my left leg and I broke it in five spots! Can you imagine that? It hurt like heck too. Well all of the guys signed the heck out of my mid-thigh turquoise cast which, by the way, I will have to have on for about 10 more weeks. Last my auditions for the wind ensemble are tomorrow... Wish me luck!
Xoxoxoxo Kaylee

Cassy's read:

Kaylee!!!
Guess wut!!! Jas n I r dating!!! Isn’t tat awesome! He iz great well I already new tat b4 but now I rlly know it lol! Wuts new w/ u?????
Xoxoxo Cass

Again really short what's with these super short e-mails? I responded with:

Hey Cass,
That's great I'm happy for you and Jason! What's new with me? Well to start with I have a boyfriend, Seth, yes the guy who happens to be my roommate. Second I broke my leg in five places today when I kicked David and the cast I have is turquoise and goes half way up my thigh! All of the guys signed it there is only the bottom of my foot left unsigned. I will have a cast on for the next 10 weeks yippee! Lastly my auditions for wind are tomorrow.
Love you Kaylee

Lastly the e-mail from my brother.

Hey little sis,
How are things at Silverside? Nothing is new here except for the whole wedding thing. The next time you get off you need to come visit so we can get brides maid dresses. Well I hope things are well.
John

Dear John,
Things here are good. I have a boyfriend, my roommate, Seth. I think you would like him. I broke my leg in five places today kicking one of my friends. My cast goes half way up my leg and is turquoise but you really don't notice that anymore since the guys signed every inch of it. I have to have the stupid thing on for 10 weeks! Tomorrow I have auditions for the school wind ensemble. I still can't believe you are getting married. Bye.
I love you Kaylee

By the time I was done checking e-mails Seth was out of the bathroom.

"Do you want to practice for your audition tomorrow?" Seth asked.

"Yes I don't practice as much as I normally do since I arrived here." I informed Seth who was now putting my instrument together for me and handing me a reed. I looked at the size and it was a 4 I needed to go up a half a size.

"Hey Seth can you hand me a 4 1/2 reed?" I asked handing him my 4 reed back to him.

"Sure here you go." He said handing me my requested size reed. I popped it in my mouth and started sucking on it, trying to break it in and get rid of the bubbles. I hate the taste of bubbles.

"Do you want to know something?" Seth asked handing me my bass clarinet which was put together correctly.

"What?" I asked.

"Vampire venom makes the reed loose the bubbles and makes play like you have been playing with it for weeks." He said.

"Seriously?" I asked truly amazed.

"Yeah and the best part is that it only takes like two minutes." He said.

"Wow can you do that to this reed?" I asked

" Sure why not." He said taking my reed from me and putting it in his mouth.

"Don't worry the venom doesn't do anything wacky to you or your instrument." Seth informed setting up his drum set.

"That's even better." I said.

Two minutes later Seth was done setting up his drums and he handed me back my reed. I put it in my mouth and it tasted sickly sweet.

"What the heck!" I exclaimed holding my reed out in front of me and examining it. Nothing about it looked different.

"Are you referring to the taste of my venom?" Seth asked.

"Yes its sickly sweet." I said.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

"Its fine I just didn't expect it that's all." I told him.

"Okay well let's see how it plays then."

"Let's" I repeated and I fastened my reed onto my mouth piece and played a few scales. I sounded really good.

"My venom doesn't affect how well you sound you know that right." He said in response to my thoughts.

"Hey!" Then I thought I hate you, you are a mean butt face. Next thing I know my bass clarinet is on the floor and Seth has me pinned on my bed with him on top of me.

"You don't mean it take it back." Seth said sounding hurt. I decided to play with him.

"Yes I do." I responded.

"That hurts I know you don't mean it." Then I felt his lips pressed softly against mine." Do you still mean it?" He asked. What was I thinking?" That's what I thought." He mumbled and kissed me again before getting up and walking back to his drum set." Are you ready to play?" He asked.

"Yes." I responded picking my instrument up off the floor and seeing that it was all right then setting it in front of me.

We started playing the audition piece then all of a sudden Seth stopped playing.

"Why did you stop?" I asked a little irritated.

"You don't have any music." He said.

"I don't need any I have a photographic memory. I only need to see things once before they are imprinted into my brain." I said.

"That's not normal I can't even do that." Seth said shocked.

"Hey I wouldn't be talking about not normal you aren't too normal." I told him," Don't be jealous."

"I'm not jealous." He said clearly lying.

"Whatever you say, let's get back to the music I want to practice." I told him.

"I forgot to ask, how long did you practice when you were back in Washington?" He asked.

"I practiced a couple hours a day like three or four." I said innocently.

"Wow that's a long time." He said shocked.

"If you say so, can we please practice?" I asked.

"Fine," He responded.

We played though all three sections of the piece at least six times each and then Seth got bored and started watching Sponge Bob. That show is awesome, but for the first two episodes I practiced my scales then I too got bored.

I put my bass clarinet back in its case, and then Seth apparently noticed I was done so he picked me up and brought me over to his bed. It's not like I can't walk! When I was playing the sickly sweet taste of Seth's venom never went away.

"When does the taste of your venom go away from my reed and mouth?" I asked.

"You can still taste it? Honestly I don't know when the taste will go away but I think it should leave your mouth soon." He informed me.

"Okay," I said then I started watching Sponge Bob too but soon realized that it was a repeat. I rolled over and started drawing on his arm with my finger while he was watching TV.

"What are you doing?" He asked after like 15 minutes.

"I'm drawing on your arm." I said simply.

"What are you drawing?" He asked now looking at me.

"I'm drawing my name." I said drawing the final e.

"Do you want to play a game?" He asked.

"What game?" I asked.

"Guess what I am writing, you roll over so your back is facing me and I write on your back." He responded.

"Okay," I said and did as I was told. I felt him move my hair then him drawing a letter." Wait can you do that again."

"Yes," And I felt something like an "S".

The game went on for like 10 minutes until I figured out he wrote Seth and Kaylee which made me smile.

"My turn!" I said hyperly and he rolled over so his back was facing me. What do I want to write? I thought to myself. I got it! I started to draw a D then a U. Five minutes later;

"That's not nice, dumbline? We are anything but that." Seth said feigning hurt.

"First thing that came to my head." I explained.

"That's okay I forgive you." Seth said.

"Thank you." I said happily kissing him." I still taste your venom “

"I'm sorry, well it's dinner time maybe food will help." Seth said.

We sit down with our food at the table and the guys are already there.

"Kaylee, why does your breath smell sickly sweet?" Is the first thing David said when I sat down.

"I was playing my bass clarinet." I told him.

"Is that what they call it these days?" David asked," we didn't learn about that terminology last semester."

"No Seth was sucking on my..." I started.

"Nobody wants to know what Seth was sucking." David interrupted.

"Reed, he was sucking on my reed to get rid of the bubbles and make it easier to play with." I finished.

"Whatever you say." David said laughing.

"Someone is thinking extremely perversely. Thank god I am not a werewolf I would not like to share thoughts with that." Cooper said pointing to David. I looked at Matt and Sam and they both looked like they were going to be sick. That would be nasty sharing thoughts with David.

"Do you guys want to go to the weight room after dinner? I haven't been since Kaylee got here and I really want to go." Matt said.

"Yeah we will go with you I want to change out of these clothes first." Will said pointing to his jeans and Aéropostale shirt.

After dinner everyone went and changed into shorts and a tank then we walked down to the weight room. Yes I walked too, with crutches. Once we got there Sam put in a Linkin Park CD and I sat down on this chair thing and watched the guys work out.

My cell phone started vibrating in my pocket and informed me I had a text from Cassy.

•Cassy text• Hey what's up girly?
•Kaylee text• Watching the guys work out. I would be too if I weren’t in this stupid cast! What about you?
•Cassy text• I'm spending the night at Jason's house like old times except now he is my boyfriend.
•Kaylee text• Please don't do anything bad!
•Cassy text• IDK... JK you know I wouldn't do that! We are just watching a movie. How are you and...Seth?
•Kaylee text• Good guess what?
•Cassy text• What?
•Kaylee text• We kissed :)
•Cassy text• Seriously? When? Give me details!
•Kaylee text• Earlier today. Well he had me pinned down because I jokingly called him a nosey butt face and he was all you don't mean it! Playing with him I said yes I do and he kissed me and was like do you still mean it? I couldn't remember what I had been thinking and he was like that's what I thought and he kissed me again!
•Cassy text• Aww so cute! Is he that good of a kisser?
•Kaylee text• Maybe...

Let Seth take that, I thought. Next thing I know Seth is in front me saying I am mean.

"What do you have super vision and can read my texts too?" I asked jokingly.

"Yes actually I do, but I didn't read your text though I can read your mind remember." Seth said.

"Aren't you supposed to be lifting weights? I asked.

"Fine I see how it is." He said going back to lifting.

"It is the reason we came here to yes, that is how it is!" I responded." How heavy are those weights?" I asked.

"Only a couple tons." Matt answered. Holy crow that's heavy. Then I received a text from Cassy.

•Cassy text• Cute, Jas and I haven't kissed yet.
•Kaylee text• Tell me when you do!
•Cassy text• defiantly you are my best friend!
•Kaylee text• Yay, what movie are you watching?
•Cassy text• Indiana Jones :)
•Kaylee text• Well I'll let you watch the movie I know how much you love it. Tell Jas I said hey!
•Cassy text• Hey says hey I miss you...lol. I'll talk to you later ILY!
•Kaylee text• Okay bye! ILY too <3!

"Are you ready for your audition tomorrow?" Sam asked.

"Yes, I hope I make it." I said.

"There is no doubt in my mind that you won’t make it and that is without my amazing abilities." Cooper said.

"Thanks." I said thinking that the guys are so nice to me and awesome, and the next thing I know I am being engulfed into a big, sweaty, group hug.

"We think you are awesome too." Matt said in my ear. Then I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist and I turned as white as a ghost trying to hold back a scream but was unsuccessful and screamed right into David’s ear.

"Ouch!" David said holding his ears.

"What's wrong?" Seth asked worried.

"I'm not ready to say anything." I said blocking it from my mind.

"That's not fair." Seth whined.

"I said I'm not ready to say anything. I'll tell you when I'm ready; I promise I will tell you guys. I just can't right now." I said.

"Okay I'm sorry." Seth said pulling me into a hug and kissing my forehead.

"I'm getting tired." I said grabbing my crutches.

"Seriously it's only nine?" David asked apparently amazed someone could be tired at nine.

"Yes and I need sleep for my auditions." I told him." I will see you guys tomorrow morning."

"Okay goodnight Kaylee." Will said.

Seth and I went back to the room and we got ready for bed and Seth took out his book and started reading and soon after I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm soooooo sorry I haven't updated in FORVER my computer still isnt fixed so I did all this on my ipod Im going to try to update more since it is summer. I hope you like it... Comment? Subscribe?