Everything is Not What it Seems

Chapter Sixteen

Seth's POV

"Wake up sleepy head!" I said poking Kaylee in her stomach.

"Stop poking me." She said slapping me; she is defiantly not a morning person." What time is it?" She asked yawning.

"9:00 I thought you would want to eat something before you audition." I said

"Oh okay." She said closing her eyes again, and then she abruptly sat straight up knocking me off the bed since I was sitting on the edge in the process and screamed," My auditions are today!"

"Yeah they are you probably want to take a shower, eat, and then get ready for your audition." I told her.

"Okay can you, um, help me put that rubber shower thing over my cast?" She asked. She was wearing girl boxers so her pajama bottoms didn't interfere with me putting the thing on her. Once that was done she got her clothes and then went to the bathroom falling a few times.

Fifteen minutes later she came out wearing a pair of white shorts and a black Linkin Park shirt. After she put her dirty clothes in the hamper she put a purple converse on her right foot then we were ready for breakfast.

Breakfast was fast and soon enough I was carrying Kaylee's bass clarinet to the band room for her audition. Before she went in I told her good luck and gave her a quick kiss.

Thirty minutes later, wow that was a long audition, Neidich came out carrying Kaylee's bass clarinet with Kaylee right behind him.

"How did your audition go?" I asked her.

"Well she is now the first chair bass clarinet; she bumped Zach to second chair. I was afraid at first since she didn't have the audition piece with her at all, but then I found out that she memorized it. She is an excellent musician I'm glad she auditioned." Neidich informed me.
"
"Thank you again sir." Kaylee said grinning from ear to ear.

"No, thank you, I have to go choose music for class I will see you both when school starts back up." He said walking back into his classroom but not before handing me Kaylee's bass clarinet.

"Congratulations you made it!" I said giving her a one armed hug.

"I know I'm ecstatic!" She said with a smile plastered on her face.

When we got back to the dorm all the guys were in our room waiting to hear the results of Kaylee’s audition.

“How did it go?” Matt asked, I think something has been going on with him lately but I cannot figure out what, maybe I’ll ask him later.

“Well,” Kaylee said putting her instrument back in her case,” I am the first chair bass clarinet!” She exclaimed.

“Oh wow, seriously? That’s awesome! Congratulations!” Matt said giving her a hug.

“Yeah Mr. Neidich had me play the audition piece, then scales, then he wanted to see what I already had memorized so he had me play some of those songs I had memorized, like the Pirates of the Caribbean and some other songs like that.” She said practically glowing because she was so excited she got in. I’m really lucky she is mine I said smiling.

“Really, all he had me do was play from the audition piece and play my scales.” David said.

“Wow I was in there for thirty minutes, and he asked me before I left if I took lessons from anyone.” Kaylee said.

“What did you say?” Sam asked intrigued.

“No because I don’t.”

“Really, all of take lessons here except Seth. I thought you would have because you are amazing.” Will said.

“Thanks and David he told me to tell you if my leg isn’t better by the marching season he is going to hurt you.” Kaylee said.

“Please be better by marching season I value my life!” David said shaking Kaylee slightly.

“I hope I am better because I really want to be a part of the marching band here!” She said.

“Yeah we want you to be a part of it too!” I told her

“Definitely because you are a great musician and it would be awesome for you to be a member of the Silverside marching band!” Cooper doing a strange sort of marching around the room, he made it look like really strange.

“Cooper stop having a seizure!” I said throwing a pillow at him making him “march” towards me and tackle me.

Later we took Kaylee out to dinner to a little restaurant in the town our school was built to celebrate Kaylee making it into wind ensemble and getting first chair. After dinner we saw that there was a party going on at a fellow classmate’s house that was near the school, so we decided to go. Kaylee had left her crutches at the school, because I had forced her not to bring them, so I stuck with her the entire night; partially because I was her legs and also because I am her boyfriend. For someone who has to rely on someone else to walk she sure does dance, a lot. The guys and I were drinking because it doesn’t affect us at all and Kaylee was drinking water. The odd thing was that after a few glasses of water she started acting drunk. I wondered how that could be possible since all she was drinking was water, but when I tasted her drink I found out it was vodka. Crap.

-Cooper- What’s wrong Seth?

-Will- Yeah what’s wrong?

-Seth- Well I’m pretty sure Kaylee is well drunk.

-Cooper-What? How?

-Seth- Well, her “water” turned out to be vodka! The person giving out the drinks apparently didn’t know she was human or he didn’t think she should be drinking just water.

-Will-How could he not have known? She is the only one here with a beating heart!

-Cooper- So true!

-Seth-Yeah, but it’s really funny watching/ listening to her when she is drunk!

-Will and Cooper- I so want to see this!

About two seconds later Will and Cooper were right beside me watching a drunken Kaylee. Let’s just say this be glad she was in a cast or I don’t know what she would have done. David came over and started making fun of her, go figure. She is not going to be happy tomorrow. Next thing I know I feel Kaylee go limp in my arms.

“She passed out!” David said laughing.

“Yeah you guys can stay here, but I’m going to take her back to the dorm now.” I said smacking David.

“Ouch, what was that for?” He asked rubbing his head.

“For laughing at her,” I explained picking Kaylee up.

“We will come with you back to the dorm.” Will and Cooper said

“Are you going to stay with Matt and Sam?” I asked David

“Yeah, I’ll see you later.” David said walking off to Sam and Matt, probably to tell them about Kaylee.

Back at the dorm I put Kaylee in her bed and moved a trash can beside her bed in case she threw up, which happed multiple times around four in the morning.

“What happened earlier?” She asked the first time she threw up.

“The person giving out drinks didn’t give you water he gave you vodka and you got pretty drunk.” I told her though pretty drunk was an understatement compared to what actually happened.

“Really, wow that’s a first. I’ve never drank anything.” Then she puked again.

“That’s nasty! I’m going to guess I passed out too?”

“Yes you did, now go back to sleep we can talk more tomorrow.” I told her and kissed her on the forehead then tried to fall asleep also.

Kaylee finally woke up around 12, the latest I’ve ever seen her sleep. She got up and asked me to put the shower thing over her cast and then she took a shower. She came out wearing a pair of dark blue shorts and a tight black shirt and she looked hot!

“What? Did I not put my shirt on?” She questioned looking down.

“No you just look really good.” I said

“Oh, thanks.” She said blushing, dang she looked great.

At breakfast all of the guys made fun of Kaylee for what happened last night; which also continued for the rest of the week. Soon it was Sunday, the day before school starts. Everyone had already come back from spring break. It was now 6:00 pm and the auditorium was packed because the headmaster wanted to go over a few things before school started the next day. He had already refreshed us on the school rules and was now having all of the new kids go up on stage, which included Kaylee; thank god she brought her crutches. There were about 10 new kids including Kaylee. The headmaster had each of the kids say their name, where they came from, what they are, why exactly they were here, and something about themselves. The headmaster made Kaylee last.

“Now everyone our last student is very special and I expect all of you to treat her with respect.” At the mention of her everyone started to talk. Apparently everyone was blind and deaf to the fact that there was now a human girl attending Silverside and standing on the stage.

“Um, Hi my name is Kaylee Anderson; I came from Washington State because my parents thought my old school was holding me back both academically and musically. As you can probably tell I am a girl and a human. A little bit about me I love music, I like to read, and I got this cast by kicking my friend David.” She said handing the microphone back to the headmaster. When she mentioned she broke her leg by kicking David everyone started saying wow I can’t believe she kicked a werewolf. I forgot to mention that our group of friends are the popular ones and everyone knows us.

“Now Kaylee knows about vampire and werewolves, her friends told her. Please, if she has any questions provide answers for her. Also Mr. Neidich wanted me to say that Kaylee audition for the wind ensemble and is now first chair bass clarinet.”

At that Zach stood up and screamed,” What! She… what… how?”

“Yes, I’m sorry Mr. White, apparently she better than you, and at that let’s welcome all of the new students to Silverside.” Everyone started clapping and all of the new kids went back to their seats.

“Was that so bad?” I asked Kaylee as she sat back down.

“That was not cool.” She said.

On the way out of the auditorium and back to our room all of the guys, even the ones who have imprinted, were commenting on how hot Kaylee was, asking questions like what is her uniform, which was asked by the nerdy guys, does she have a boyfriend, which was asked a lot, who is her roommate, why she isn’t hanging out with me, I wonder if she is in any of my classes, why is she really here, and many other things. It was quite funny actually, well until someone came up and asked her out.

“I’ll pass, I’m already taken.” Kaylee responded.

“Well if he’s isn’t what you are looking for just come and see me.” The guy said.

“I’m pretty sure he is what I’m looking for.” Kaylee said

“Whatever.” The guy said walking back to his friends.

“Can we clear something up right now?” Kaylee asked me.

“Sure what?” I asked completely clueless.

“This,” she said and she kissed me, oh that she has a boyfriend. I am slow. I could hear people calling me a lucky bastard along with some other names. I don’t care what they call me I have Kaylee.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever. I will try harder to update more often. Comments?