Everything is Not What it Seems

Chapter One

Kaylee's POV

My parents had woken me up at 4:00 in the stinking morning to inform me that I would be attending an all boy’s school in England called Silverside. I was thrilled, more like the complete opposite. I needed to pack my bags because my plane was going to leave at 6:00pm, so I found three of my turquoise suitcases and started putting my clothes into two of the bag along with a set of turquoise sheets and a quilt for my new bed. I put all of the music books I had into the other suitcase. I also took out my favorite purse and put my iPod touch, cell phone, some random candy that I found in the pantry downstairs my wallet with the money my parents gave me from the past months for my allowance, and other random things I thought should be in my purse. Once I had finished packing I called my two best friends and told them to get their butts over here because I had some big news to tell them. About five minutes later Cassy and Jason were sitting in my room waiting for me to tell them my big news.

“So what is the big news that you need to tell us?” Cassy asked me.

“Well you aren’t going to like this, I know I don’t but,” I paused dramatically

“Come on tell us Kaylee!” Jason exclaimed

“My parents are sending me to an all boy’s school in England called Silverside.” I said in one breath, after which I gasped for air. Cassy and Jason just stared at me.” Well aren’t you going to say anything?” I asked I hated silence.

“That’s a really bad joke to play on us.” Jason said.

“Do you think I’m joking all of my clothes and music books are packed up in those bags.” I told them pointing to the three turquoise bags, purse, and all of my instruments at the door.” You know I would never pack up my music books.”

“Oh my god you really are going!” Cassy cried as she ran over and tackled me to the ground. Jason just sat there stunned.

“How long have you known this?” Jason asked finally looking up at me.

“Since 4:00 this morning, I would have told you sooner but I wanted to let both of you sleep.” I stated.

“Kaylee you should have called us then! I can’t believe you are leaving.” Jason said giving me a big hug.

“Neither can I, I am going to miss you both so much!” I told them as I started to cry.

“Hey don’t cry this isn’t your fault it’s your parents fault.” Cassy said.

“Why are your parents sending you there anyway?” Cassy asked.

“Probably to torture me, but their excuse is that this school was holding me back both musically and academically.” I told them, we were sitting on my bed.

“That’s a lame excuse; here I was thinking your parents were actually nice!” Jason yelled.

“Keep your voice down do you want my parents to hear you calling them mean?” I asked laughing; they really were mean I mean come on who sends their child to a foreign school in the middle of the year?

“Maybe I do want them to hear because they are splitting up the three amigos! Who does that kind of thing?” Jason asked in a shocked voice.

“Kaylee’s parents obviously.” Cassy said.

“Wait oh my god they are splitting us up! We have never been split up before!” I exclaimed and I started to cry because I knew it was going to be a while before I saw them again.

“Guys please don’t cry you know I hate it when you cry!” Jason said and after he said that he ended up crying too. We were holding each other like it was the last time we were going to see each other which was partly true and ended up falling of the bed.

“Ouch, that really hurt.” All three of us said laughing

“Yeah it did!” Cassy said rubbing her butt.

“Are you guys alright? I heard a big crash downstairs.” My mom asked pretending like she cared

“Yeah we are fine.” I said attempting to get up but I ended up falling down again.

“Okay, well you need to bring your bags downstairs we are going to be leaving soon.” My mom said exiting the room.

“Fine we will bring them down when we figure out how to untangle ourselves.” I said laughing. I looked at the clock it read 4:30pm. Wow time flies when you are trying to avoid going to a new school.

We brought all my stuff downstairs in three trips, mainly because of all of my instruments otherwise it would have taken one trip. Then we put in the trunk of the car and went back upstairs for the last 30 minutes. We decided to play the game would you rather? My mom came in 30 minutes later she came in when Jason asked me,

” Kaylee would you rather be abandoned by everyone you love or be deaf?” Dang it why did he have to choose my number one fear of being abandoned by everyone I love and something I hate silence.

“I would rather be deaf.” I said

“Well then now that we have established that Kaylee it is time to go.” My mom said.

Cassy, Jason, and I walked to the car together then we said our goodbyes and then I left for England.

Jason's POV

When I woke up this morning I had a really bad feeling. My bad feeling was confirmed when Kaylee called me telling me to get my butt over to her house because she had something to tell both Cassy and I. I went over there and found out that my best friend since pre-school was going to be attending a school in England called Silverside. All of us talked and tried to avoid the fact that Kaylee would be going to a different school in a different country from now on until Kaylee's parents came in and told us that Kaylee had to leave to go catch her plane. We had already put all of Kaylee’s things in the car so Cassy and I walked her out to the car, gave her a hug, and said goodbye which we wish we didn’t have to.

After Kaylee left Cassy and I were at my house trying to figure out why her parents would send her to a totally different school during spring break when I realized why Silverside sounded so familiar.

"Cassy," I said in an extremely worried tone.

"What is it Jason?" Cassy asked sounding curious and a tad worried.

"Um I just realized why Silverside sounded so familiar."

"Why would that school familiar to you?" she asked.

"My parents tried to send me to that school a few years ago." I told her.

"Okay.... so?"

"Um well it’s an all boy’s school!"I exclaimed.

“Oh my god are you serious? What are we going to do?" she basically screamed.

"Ouch can you scream any louder?" I asked her "I don’t think there is anything we can do except tell her. I'll text and e-mail her. I can’t believe her parents didn’t tell her this!"

"Good, I hope she doesn’t get to angry.... or scared for that matter." she said.

"Me too, I’m going to miss her so much. What are we going to do without her?" I said

"I have no idea." Cassy said. Dang this is going to be hard, god I miss her already. At least I still have Cassy

Kaylee's POV

The plane ride over to England was uneventful, I got to ride in first class ,but the person I sat next to snored the entire time. I listened to my iPod most of the way to England while going over what has happened so far that day. I was really mad at my parents for not telling me that they were sending me away from everything my friends, my school, my band. I can’t believe they didn’t tell me sooner.
I arrived at Silverside at 10:00pm. The limo that was driving me dropped me off at the, what I would guess was the main office. I walked in and walked up to whom I assumed was the secretary and said,

"Hi, um I’m Kaylee Anderson, I’m new here."

The secretary lady said, “Of course you are hon. Here is your schedule, a map of the school, your audition piece for the wind ensemble her if you choose to try out for it, and your key to your room. You will be living in the dorm called Crosston; all of your belongings have already been taken up to room 222 on the second floor. Yes, I thought excitedly, my favorite number repeated three times!

"Um I’m sorry but I have no clue where Crosston might be." I told her

"I know hon. I will show you where Crosston is then your roommate will show you around.” she told me. Man, I wish she would stop calling me hon. Dang I have a roommate, I hope she is nice!

The secretary lady, Mrs. Heighly, showed me where Crosston was and gave me all of the stuff, my key, schedule, and all the other things and I headed up to my room. I opened the door and saw that the room had two beds, two walk in closets which I was really excited about, two night stands, a TV, a desk, a bookcase, and a bathroom. The one side had a bed that had a blood red comforter with a black quilt and on the walls there were Three Days Grace and Linkin Park posters. There was also a drum set and a lot of other instrument cases on my roommate’s side of the room. The walls of the room were blood red also. I noticed also that all of my belongings had been placed on the side of the room that was furthest from the bathroom.

I heard the shower running, and assumed that it was my roommate, so after I put my comforter and quilt on my bed I decided to take out my laptop and check my e-mail. I had received one from Jason it read:

Hey Kaylee,

Um you do know that all boys school my parents tried to get me to go to a few years ago. Well you are kind of going there now! I hope you are doing okay. Please keep myself and Cassy posted on what happens.
, much love from Jason

After I read that I froze, the shower turned off. What, I am at an all boy’s school? That can’t be right! If I am at an all boy’s school then my roommate is a guy! I can’t believe what my parents have gotten me into. I was about to send my mom and Jason an e-mail when the door to the bathroom started to open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe?