Everything is Not What it Seems

Chapter Four

Kaylee’s POV-

I woke up this morning somewhere else than I had fallen asleep. I jumped up looking around me and saw my new roommate, and I hear,

“Good morning!” I nearly screamed, “Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.” Seth told me

“It’s alright; um do you happen to know what time it is?” I asked

“Yeah,” he said looking at a clock on his bedside table, “its 9:30.” Wow it’s earlier than I expected it to be.

“Thanks.” I told him,” Hey what are you doing with a trumpet? I thought you were a percussionist.”

“Well I’m trying to teach myself how to play.” He told me.

“That’s cool maybe if you wanted I could help you I played trumpet in the marching band in my old high school.” I told him. “I also have my trumpet, bass clarinet, flute, piccolo, regular clarinet, trombone, and saxophone with me.”

“Do you think you have enough instruments? What do you do with all of them?” he asked

“Maybe” I responded innocently” I play them what else would I do with them?”

“I have no idea. You might have to teach me some of them.” He told me.

“If you would like I could.” I told him. I have only known him for a short amount of time and I already feel comfortable around him. Strange it normally takes me a while to warm up to someone.

“Hey I’m going to go take a shower.” I told him heading to my bags that I still needed to unpack.

“Okay when you get out we can go eat some breakfast and I can introduce you to some of my friends.”

“Okay.” I told him while I went over to my bags, that I still needed to unpack, and grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, a white cami, a turquoise Abercrombie t-shirt, my underwear, and my bathroom bag, and went to take a shower.

I was in and out of the shower in 10 minutes. I put my clothes on brushed my straight black hair and my perfectly straight teeth, and put on some makeup. The only makeup I ever wear is some mascara, eyeliner, and some lip gloss. I didn’t need to put on any face makeup because I inherited the good genes in my family and I have perfect skin that is really pale. I looked at myself in the mirror and thought that I good enough. So picked up my clothes and left the bathroom. I put my clothes in the hamper that was at the end of my bed. I found my turquoise converse and put them on.

“Are you ready to go?” Seth asked “Don’t forget your key.” I almost forgot that, I grabbed that and my cell phone and put them into my pocket.

“I’m ready” I told him.

“After you,” He said holding the door open for me. Then he startled me by grabbing my hand. It startled me because his hand was freezing like he had been holding ice for hours. Oh god, I thought, I might like him and I have known him for less than a day!

Seth’s POV-

I knew I shouldn’t have done it but I grabbed her hand and led her to the caf. Her hand was so warm; I was used to things either being really cold or really hot. A.k.a. vampires and werewolves, but her hand wasn’t werewolf warm, it was the perfect temperature.

We arrived at the cafeteria and I saw where Cooper, Sam, Will, Matt, and David were sitting, at our usual table. I told Will and Cooper, though mental talk, that the girl I was standing next to/ holding her hand was Kaylee. I could only tell those two because they are also vampires. Vampires can only mentally talk with other vampires; it is the same way for werewolves. The vampires of my group are Cooper, Will, and I. The werewolves are Sam, David, and Matt. This is the conversation we had.

-Seth- The girl’s hand I am holding/ standing next to is Kaylee

-Will- Seriously?

-Seth- Yeah

-Will- She is ….

-Both- hot

At that I started laughing which made Kaylee ask, “What”

“Nothing” I responded

“Okay?” she said

-Cooper- You’re so lucky she is your roommate!

-Will- Yeah the only girl on campus and you get to be her roommate and you imprinted on
her!

-Seth- Well once Kaylee and I get our food we will come and sit by you guys so get out of my head!

-Both- okay Mr. Grumpy

Kaylee’s POV-

Wow, I thought, this place has tons of food. I got some toast and orange juice. I love me some OJ. Seth got a bunch of waffles and strawberry milk, gross I thought.

“Hungry?” I asked while trying not to laugh.

“Heck yeah, back off my food.” He responded.

Just then some guy came over and said “Yeah I wouldn’t mess with him at meal times. Once I was too lazy to walk up and get more food, so I tried to steal some of Seth’s food and he almost bit my hand off.”

“Wow.” I said now laughing. We were walking to a table now with a bunch of guys at it.

“By the way my name is Cooper.” The guy that almost got his hand bit off by Seth said.

“I’m Kaylee.” I told him

“Nice to meet you Kaylee,” He said. Cooper had longish hair that was just a tad shorter than Seth’s and a sandy blonde color. He had the exact same eye color as Seth, pale skin, and was about 6 foot tall about 2 or 3 inches shorter than Seth. Cooper was pretty hot though not as hot as Seth.

We got to the table and I sat between Seth and Cooper.

“Hey,” said a guy with longish brown hair, bright green eyes, darkish skin, and was pretty muscular.” You must be the new chick that’s Seth’s roommate.” What the heck, I thought, chick? “I’m David.”

“Hey, I’m Kaylee.”

“I’m Sam.” A guy with blonde hair, green eyes, the same color as David’s, darkish skin, and muscles informed me.

“Hey.” I said not wanting to repeat my name again.

Then a guy with short brown hair with natural red highlights, and bright blue eyes the same color as both Cooper and Seth, and pale skin said, “Hey I’m Will.”

“Hi, I’m Kaylee.” Wow its getting annoying repeating my name.

“Hey I’m Matt.” a guy with green eyes, the same color as David and Sam’s, short black hair said. Let’s just say they all had muscles!

“Hey nice to meet you” I told nobody in particular.

“So what are you doing at an all boy’s boarding school, in England?” asked Will.

“Well my parents woke me up yesterday at 4:00am and told me to pack my stuff and to say bye to my best friends. Then I got on a plane at 6:00pm, and well here I am.” I told them

“Wow that must suck.” Said Sam

“Yeah all I knew was that I was going to be attending a boarding school in England. I didn’t know that it was an all boy’s boarding school.” I said

“Oh, well you will like it here it’s an awesome school and the six of us are awesome. So you should be happy.” Sam said

“Okay.” I said

“So are you in Chorus, Orchestra, or Band?” asked David

“She is in Band and plays almost every wind instrument.” Answered Seth

“Seriously?” asked Matt

“Yeah, what are all of you in?” I asked them

“We are all in band. Seth is the most musical of us all. David plays the saxophone. Sam plays the piano and French horn. Matt plays the guitar, trumpet, and baritone. Will plays the tuba, barry saxophone, tenor saxophone, and sometime the bass clarinet.” I interrupted him there.

“My main instrument is the bass clarinet, but I can also play most of the ones you have mentioned plus others. The only ones I own are the bass clarinet, clarinet, piccolo, trombone, trumpet, and saxophone. ”
…………………………………………………

“Dang,” Cooper said. All of the guy’s mouths were practically on the floor.

“I play the bassoon and trombone. Plus all of us play percussion.” Cooper told me.

“That’s cool.” I responded.

All of the guys ate a ton! Each of them went up to get more food at least four times if not more and each time they went up they piled their plates with food. After the third time they went up I said, “How do you eat so much and not puke or look fat?”

“Well I guess that’s what we do eat a lot, but Seth and I eat the most.” Stated David with his mouth filled with food.

“Well, how do you eat so little and not get hungry?” asked Seth while shoving food into his mouth. I had only gone up once to get food which consisted of two pieces of toast. Each of them had gotten at least 15 waffles if not more.

“Well I don’t need to eat a lot to get full.” I told him.

After breakfast I asked the guys to show me around the school which they gladly did. I found out that the school had some stores, a pool, a gym, a coffee shop, smoothie shop, which I dragged them into because I really wanted a smoothie. Silverside also had a place where you can learn to drive, but only if you were in 11th grade. The campus was huge it took over two hours to do the tour. The school had a bunch of awesome things about it.

The guys and I went back to our, Seth’s and my room, because they wanted to play rock band on the Wii. At first I watched Seth play drums, on expert, Matt on the guitar, on expert too, Sam on the bass guitar, on medium, and Cooper was singing, on medium. I watched them play like two songs then I pulled out my laptop and checked my e-mail. I had an e-mail from my mom and from Cassy. I decided to check my mom’s e-mail first.

Dear Kaylee.

What, you have a roommate? Did you get that fixed? Your father and I sent you to boarding school because your father and I thought that your high school was holding you back. I know we could have sent you to a school in the states, but you had expressed an interest in going to England some day so we thought why not send you to school there? Your father and I are sorry for not telling about Silverside being an all boy’s school, we knew you would freak you on us if we would have told you so we decided not to tell you. I hope you are having a good time
Love Mom and Dad

I could not find the energy to respond to them right away so I opened Cassy’s e-mail

Hey Kay,

OMG r u ok I totally flipped out wen I heard tat ur parents didn’t tell u tat u wer goin 2 an all boys skool. Well ne way do u hav a roommate? If so who? Hav u made ne new friends *hopefully not ne tat r ur bffs*? Well u hav 2 send pics and LOTS of e-mails! Jas is commin over soon so ill ttyl
ILY Cassy

I responded to her by saying.

Hey Cassy,

Yeah I’m okay, I think, I was startled when I saw my roommate come out of our bathroom in just a towel! He is actually pretty hot. Here I’ll attach some pictures. Yes I have made new friends, but nothing like you and Jas. Have fun when you are over at Jas’s.
ILY Kaylee

I took out my camera and yelled to the guys,

“Hey face me I want a picture!” I got a lot of groaning out of that. They turned around anyway and smiled for the picture.

I uploaded the picture to my laptop and attached it to the e-mail to Cassy, which I added a caption that had all of their names on them. Then I turned my computer of and was forced to play rock band. Cooper forced me to sing to the song “Dirty Little Secret” by the All American Rejects, which went really well, until everyone started laughing.

“What?” I asked

“Did you see what David was doing?” Asked Seth

“Um no,” I said curiously
“Let’s just say that he was interpretative dancing and it was funny!” Seth said laughing

“Wow,” I said, “That’s interesting then.”

Will’s POV

Okay so I was getting really bored of playing Rock Band, and I was thinking of things to do when I remembered we have a pool!

“Hey do you guys want to the pool?” I asked

“Yeah,” Everyone responded. I think that everyone, including myself, wanted to see Kaylee in a bathing suit.

Five minutes later we were all packed into the elevator in our bathing suits and towels singing to the song Famous Last Words by My Chemical Romance.

Now I know,
that I can't make you stay.
But where's your heart?
But where's your heart?
But where's your,

And I know.
There's nothing I can say.
To change that part.
To change that part.
To change.

So many,
Bright lights to cast a shadow,
But can I speak?
Well is it hard understanding
I'm incomplete?
A life that's so demanding,
I get so weak.
A love that's so demanding,
I cannot speak.

I am not afraid to keep on living,
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
Honey, if you stay you'll be forgiven;
Nothing you can say can stop me going home.

Can you say
My eyes are shining bright?
'Cause I'm out here, on the other side,
Of a jet black hotel mirror,
And love so weak.
Is it hard understanding
I'm incomplete?
A love that's so demanding,
I get so weak.

I am not afraid to keep on living,
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
Honey, if you stay you'll be forgiven;
Nothing you can say can stop me going home.

I am not afraid to keep on living,
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
Honey, if you stay you'll be forgiven;
Nothing you can say can stop me going home.

These bright lights have always blinded me.
These bright lights have always blinded me.

I say,

I see you lying next to me,
With words I thought I'd never speak
Awake and unafraid,
Asleep or dead?

'Cause I see you lying next to me,
(How can I see, I see you lyin')
With words I thought I'd never speak
(How can I see, I see you lyin')
Awake and unafraid,
(How can I see, I see you lyin')
Asleep or dead?

'Cause I see you lying next to me,
With words I thought I'd never speak
Awake and unafraid,
Asleep or dead?

'Cause I see you lying next to me,
With words I thought I'd never speak
Awake and unafraid,
Asleep, or dead?

I am not afraid to keep on living,
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
(Or dead)
Honey, if you stay you'll be forgiven;
Nothing you can say can stop me going home
(Or dead)

I am not afraid to keep on living,
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
(Or dead)
Honey, if you stay you'll be forgiven;
Nothing you can say can stop me going home.
(Or dead)

I am not afraid to keep on living,
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
(Or dead)
Honey, if you stay you'll be forgiven;
Nothing you can say can stop me going home.

I wonder if any other guys at this school know that Kaylee is here yet. I thought. I kind of hope that they don’t because one- this school is an all boy’s school and they would be all over her and that would probably really piss Seth off, what with the whole imprinting thing. Two- this is the main reason, everyone here is either a vampire or werewolf, well except for Kaylee. With the whole number two thing I’m not too worried with the werewolves because we don’t drink blood, but the vampires do drink blood and they might not have the strength not to drink Kaylee’s blood. Even though we are learning that we don’t have to drink human blood to get stronger, but that we can drink animal blood and it has the same effect, even if the animal blood doesn’t taste as good.

So we get to the pool and thank god nobody is there, well that’s obvious everyone is away, well besides us. We all proceed to strip down into our swim trunks when we find Kaylee staring at us.

“What?” Asks Sam

“Nothing,” says Kaylee blushing. She looked really pretty when she did that, and obviously
Seth thought so too.

“Well aren’t you going to, not trying to make this sound wrong but, take your clothes off?” I said. As I said all five of the guys just stared at me with the same look on their faces. The oh you did not just say what I think you just said even if I was thinking the same exact thing look.

“What I know at least some of you were thinking it too.” I looked purposefully at Seth and
Cooper. Just then I heard Seth in my head.

-Seth- dude you put way too much emphasis on the know and some!

-Cooper- Yeah man

-Will- Well I doubt that she is going to figure out our “secret” just by that, anyway she is going
to figure it out sooner or later

-Seth- I choose later, I don’t know how to even start to explain anything let alone imprinting and the whole existence of vampires and werewolves. I plan on holding the imprinting thing in for a while!

-Cooper- I vote later too! Sorry but that conversation is going to be awkward!

-Will- Okay I know I defiantly am voting later, I wonder what she looks like in a bathing suit, and we are about to find out!

-Seth- shut up!

“I am taking my clothes off.” Kaylee said

“Wow that didn’t sound wrong at all!” Sam said. Kaylee was wearing a navy blue Hollister bikini, she had finished taking her tank and shorts off and wow she looked hot!

Kaylee’s POV-

Will had asked me if I was going to take my clothes off to go swimming and I had responded by saying and I quote, “I am taking my clothes off!”, my shorts and tank top, and well Sam had to take it the wrong way and he didn’t hide the fact that he was thinking that way either. So I decided to take a running start at him and knock him into the pool. Just to let you know he was standing right at the edge of the pool with his back to me so he had it coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe?