Everything is Not What it Seems

Chapter Five

Sam’s POV-

I had commented on Kaylee taking off her clothes, and then I heard something running in my direction. This is not good, I thought if I don’t fall into the pool when she “runs” into me she is going to get hurt really bad, and she would probably figure out about the whole werewolf/ vampire existence. So when felt her against me I had to fall into the water. When Kaylee and I broke the surface we heard the guys laughing their butts off. Everyone but Seth looked completely shocked. Seth didn’t look shocked because when you imprint on someone you automatically get the power to read their mind whenever, wherever, ect, so obviously he knew she was going to attack me. Seth was laughing the hardest, clutching his side because he was laughing so hard. The guys laughed for about 10 minutes straight until Kaylee piped up saying, “Enough laughing, get your butts in the pool and swim!”

“Okay! Sir yes sir!” They all replied in unison.

“Cannon Ball” David yelled

“Wow!” Kaylee said, “That was a big splash!”

Matt and Cooper both jumped in. Will wadded in, and Seth was on the diving in. One moment he was on the diving board the next he was swimming towards Kaylee and he popped up behind her and scared the shit out of her. Needless to say it was hysterical.

“What the heck Seth? You scared the crap out of me!” She exclaimed

“Sorry I couldn’t resist.” Seth said laughing

“Who wants to play chicken?” Will asked

“Me!” Kaylee said

“I’ll play” I told him

“Yeah, I’m game.” Matt said

“Sure why not?” said Seth

“Duh when am I not?” David replied.

“Okay.” Cooper said

“Who are the first victims then?” Will asked

“Me.” Kaylee exclaimed excitedly

“I’ll go against her.” Cooper said

So Kaylee got on Seth’s shoulders and Cooper got on Will’s. This is going to be a very interesting. Human against Vampire, and if anything bad happened to Kaylee all of the vampires in our group are already there. I thought even though I knew none of them, especially Seth, would do any harm to her.

Cooper was obviously toning down his strength while battling Kaylee, which made the game very comical to watch. Their game lasted, shockingly, five minutes. When Kaylee fell Seth caught her in his arms, how cute, they look perfect for each other! I thought and all the guys, werewolves, in my head, agreed with me. After that game was over it was vampires against werewolves, Seth against David. Otherwise known as the strongest Werewolf vs. the strongest Vampire on campus! Seth was on Cooper’s shoulders and David was on Matt’s, and Will, Kaylee, and I were sitting on the edge of the pool watching.

“Hey man, don’t expect me to catch you like you caught Kaylee when you fall, okay?” Cooper told Seth right before they started.

“That’s more than fine with me, just let me fall right into the water!” Seth replied

The game lasted for 10 minutes. Seth won which made all of the vampires really happy and the werewolves really annoyed.

Seth’s POV-

After I had beaten David Kaylee came up to me and said,

“I’m surprised that you didn’t kill each other!”

I just laughed and asked, “You want to dive?”

“Sure.” She responded

We got out of the pool and walked to the diving board and she went first doing a perfect front flip into a dive. So I decided to do a back flip into a dive. I broke the surface and got a nice job from Kaylee. We swam for a few hours, did some laps, jumped off the diving board a couple more times, and then decided to leave for the dorm because everyone, including Kaylee, was hungry. Kaylee grabbed her stuff and came over to me and asked if she could have a piggy back to the dorm. Obviously I said yes.

Kaylee’s POV

I was kind of tired from swimming from 12 to 4 so I collected my things and asked Seth if he would give me a piggy back, back to the dorm. He said yes, so I climbed on his back and put my arms around his neck being careful not to choke him, but as if he could read my mind he said,

“Don’t be afraid of hurting me.” Ha I thought. I know I have known him for a short amount of time, I mean really short, but it kind of felt right to be with him. I was more than sure though that he didn’t feel the same way about me

We had reached our room so I climbed off Seth’s back and unlocked the door. I went into the room and asked if he wanted the bathroom first and he told me to go first. I grabbed my clothes and bathroom stuff and went to take a shower

I took a quick shower making sure that I got all of the chlorine out of my hair. I then put my clothes on; I had chosen a pair of white shorts and my black twilight shirt. I love those books! I am defiantly team Jacward! I went out of the bathroom and told Seth that I was done and he was free to use the bathroom. He looked at my shirt and laughed, whatever I thought.

I decided while Seth was in the shower I would practice my audition piece for the wind ensemble here, the piece came with my schedule. So I got out my stand and bass clarinet and audition piece and started to practice.

Seth’s POV-

While in the shower I heard music coming from our room and it was really good, and somewhat familiar. I finished up in the shower and put on a pair of jeans and a Linkin Park t-shirt and walked out of the bathroom to Kaylee playing her bass clarinet. She sounded amazing. I looked at the piece she was playing, smiled, and got out my drum and started to play with her. After we finished she looked at me and said,

“Well I’m going to assume you are in the wind ensemble.”

“Yeah, I am. I can see you are trying out.” I responded

“Guilty as charged.” She said and laughed

“You are probably going to make it one, you are amazing, and two, there is only one bass
clarinet in Wind Ensemble.”I told her

“So do you want to get the other guys over her and play a few songs before we go eat?” She asked me

“Okay.” I said

David’s POV-

I had just gotten out of the shower when my cell started ringing.

“Hello?” I answered

“Hey it’s Seth.” He said

“Yeah I kind of figured that when you said “hey”, what do you need?” I asked

“Get all of the guys over to my room and tell them to bring their instruments.”

“Okay, I’m going to guess we are going to be playing then?” I asked

“Yeah now hop to it.” He told me

“Fine, I’ll see you a few.” I hung up, grabbed my saxophone, and told Matt, my roommate, that we were going over to Seth’s and Kaylee’s room to play. Matt grabbed his trumpet and headed to their room while I went next door to Will and Cooper’s room to tell them to come. They grabbed their *Will tuba and Cooper trombone* instruments and went over to Seth’s room. Next, I went a few rooms down and told Sam to bring his French horn over to Kaylee’s because we were going to play. I then walked with him over to Kaylee and Seth’s room to find all the guys standing outside their room.

“What.” I asked Sam,” Are they making out in there or something?” Sam just laughed

“No,” Will responded,” They are playing, and they are awesome!” Both Sam and I listened and wow, were they awesome, it wounded as though they were playing the audition piece for wind, with Kaylee on the bass clarinet and Seth on the drums. We all just sat there in the hall with our mouths wide open.

Seth’s POV-

Will and Cooper were thinking way too loud. They were thinking;

-Will- Wow they are really good!

-Cooper- Yeah, I agree.

-Seth- Guys! Stop and get in the room so you can play too!

-Both- fine!

Just then the door opened and the guys came in and we finished playing that piece for the second time. All the guys started clapping.

“It took you long enough.” Kaylee mumbled, and I had to laugh.

The guys took out their instruments and Kaylee took out some Harry Potter music which she had for about every instrument. Kaylee had a huge bag for music books and sheet music, which the guys seemed to notice and all asked questions like,” Why do you have so many music books and sheet music?” Kaylee innocently responded to that by saying,” I like music.”

Kaylee told us to open the Harry Potter books to the son Hedwig’s theme because it was her favorite. Oh, I remember this song now it’s from the beginning of the movie. We played that song twice then started to go through the book. Soon we were finished playing through the book and I heard Kaylee thinking,

-Kaylee- I think I’m actually okay with my parents sending me here, wow I can’t believe I’m actually thinking that. Well they seem to have a very developed music program here, which is awesome. I can’t believe they actually think I play good, I personally think I play badly!

Her thoughts were in that direction for a while. I looked at the clock and it read nearly 5:30pm.

“Hey aren’t you guys hungry?” I asked my stomach practically forming words like feed me!

“Uh, yeah we didn’t eat lunch. I’m starving!” David responded. He and I are always hungry!

We headed down to the caf after we packed up our instruments. All of us decided to have a race to see who could get to the caf fastest, at human speed. I ended up winning along with Kaylee because she was on my back.

For dinner they were serving mainly any pasta you could think of along with any topping you could think of, including all of the vampire favorites. I need to keep Kaylee away from that and the “fruit punch”. Kaylee and I got a penne pasta, but she got the regular marinara sauce while I got the “marinara” sauce. To drink I got the “fruit punch” and she got some lemonade. Did I mention that for vampires to stay strong and healthy you have to drink some sort of blood whether it is animal or human. The only blood that this school provides is animal.

I spotted the guys already eating at the table. Those cheaters I thought.

-Seth- You ran didn’t you?

-Will- well so did you.

-Seth- not using my abilities! I had Kaylee on my back running at a “normal” speed.

-Cooper- How sweet!

-Seth- Shut it!

-Will- So when are we going to tell her?

-Seth- We have to before school starts or you know what might happen.

-Cooper- Yeah that would be bad!

-Will- Stop talking I’m hungry!

-Cooper- Yeah me too! Get your butts over here!

-Seth- I am.

We arrived at the table and the guys were about to go up again when Kaylee asked,

“How did all of you get here so fast?”

“We ran.” Sam said

“Whatever.” Kaylee said. The guys got more food and sat back down and we started talking.

“Well I’m in symphonic and Wind with Neidich.” Kaylee said,” He’s the only teacher I can remember that I have.”

“Ha his name is pronounced Nidick not Neditch.” Matt corrected. Everyone started laughing uncontrollably at that even Kaylee.

“Well I’m sorry.” She said

At that point I went up to get more food with David.

“So you really imprinted on her?” David asked me when we were at the pasta stand.

“Yeah, I don’t know how I’m going to be able to explain the existence of vampires and werewolves or me imprinting on her.” I told him.” I was hoping that maybe when I tell her about our existence that you could be there with me and help me tell her about werewolves and yeah.”

“Yeah, I’ll help you, would you be telling her about the whole imprinting thing then too?” He asked

“No I’ll save that for a later date, I’ll let the whole existence thing sink in first.” I told him

“That sounds like a good plan.” He told me

“Hey do you mind grabbing a few cookies one for Kaylee then a couple for the rest of the guys and me and you?”

“Okay.” David said while grabbing about 15 cookies, these cookies were huge too. That would mean everyone would get two cookies except Kaylee who would get one and David and I who would get three, sweet.

When we got back to the table Kaylee was laughing her butt off.

“What’s so funny?” I asked

“I think she is high.” Cooper replied

“On what?” I asked

“No idea.” Cooper said, “She just randomly started laughing for no apparent reason.”

“Kaylee are you okay?” I asked her

“I don’t know.” She tried to say between laughs.” Help me I think there is something wrong.” She said again between laughs.

“I think we should take her to the nurse.” I told the guys

“I agree.” Cooper said
♠ ♠ ♠
At one part in this chapter I realized something.... I LOST THE GAME! sorry.... Comment? Subscribe?