Everything is Not What it Seems

Chapter Six

Cooper’s POV-

I was talking to Kaylee one second, the next she was laughing uncontrollably. Did I do something, I asked myself? I played back everything I had said or done in the last 10 minutes and nothing I said or did pointed to why she was laughing uncontrollably. Seth came over and asked what was wrong. None of us had the slightest idea why Kaylee was acting the way she was. Seth told us we needed to take her to the nurse, well because she said between laughs “help me”.

Seth picked her up and started walking, fast, to the nurse’s office. When we all got there the nurse asked us questions and started examining her. One hour later we figured out that Kaylee was on some medication that had side effects of laughing uncontrollably. The nurse gave her something to stop the laughing and told her to stop taking that medication. The new medication was apparently 10 times better and had fewer side effects. Kaylee took the new medication from the nurse and we left for the dorm.

It seemed that Kaylee was really tired because she fell asleep as soon as we got back to our room, and it was only 7:30pm. 10 minutes after Kaylee had fallen asleep everyone was in Seth’s room and we were watching Kaylee sleep.

“She looks so peaceful.” Seth stated

“Yeah, she does.” I agreed

Sam asked,” I wonder why she is on medication.”

“I don’t have the slightest idea but I think we should ask her tomorrow.” I said, and everyone agreed.

“That means for you to get out.” Seth said

“Well then we will see you tomorrow morning.” I told him leaving his room.

Seth’s POV

I had fallen asleep around 12:00 and got up at about 2:00. Kaylee still wasn’t up, shocker there, so I decided to go take a shower. I grabbed a blue polo and a pair of shorts and headed to the bathroom. I got out of the shower refreshed and put my clothes on, brushed my hair and teeth, and went back into my room. Kaylee was still sleeping so I got out the latest book I was reading, Harry Potter and The Order of Phoenix, and read until Kaylee got up.

Kaylee got up said good morning to me only half awake and headed to the bathroom with some clothes and her bathroom stuff to take a shower. While she was in the shower I texted the guys and told them that she had gotten up and was in the shower. By the time Kaylee was back in the room all the guys we seated either in a chair, on the floor, or on a bed talking randomly.

“Good morning Kaylee.” Will said

“Hey.” Kaylee said still a little asleep.

“Hey, I have a question that concerns what happened yesterday.” David started

“Okay…shoot.” She responded

“Well, why are you on medication?” David asked

“Well I have ADHD and it helps to keep me “normal”.” She stated

“Okay we were just a little worried.” He told her. I think something must have caught her eye because all of a sudden she was looking really hard at David’s head.

“Hey, did you know that you have sparkles in your hair?!?!” She said rather hyperly.

“Yeah I did… Matt thought he would be funny and put sparkles in my shampoo!” He said while glaring at Matt. Everyone started laughing.

“I guess you will have sparkly hair until you get a new shampoo then.” Kaylee said stating the obvious.” David come here I have an idea!” I was dying to find out what she was telling him so I listened to her thoughts.

-Kaylee- So what I was thinking, since Matt put sparkles in your shampoo, you should put red dye in his. Just tell him you were trying to test out a new shampoo, but you weren’t sure what it would do to you hair, so you gave it to him to use

David said audible to everyone,” That’s a great idea thanks!”

“You’re going to do it then?” She asked

“Yeah I think so, could you help me then?” He asked

“Defiantly, I would love to help!” Kaylee told him

“Thanks! You are awesome!” He responded

“So who’s hungry? Wait let me guess Seth and David mainly, then Matt, Cooper, Sam, and
Will correct?” Kaylee asked

“Yeah I’m starving.” I told her

“Then let’s go get something to eat then!” David said practically running out of the door.

David’s POV-

I was on my way out of the room when I felt someone pulling me back into the room.

“What the heck, I’m hungry!” I said angrily

“You said you wanted help. I have red hair dye in my bag, don’t ask. Before we head down
you can put it in Matt’s shampoo bottle.” Kaylee told me

“Okay, get the bottle of dye so I can put it in Matt’s shampoo, then we can go and eat. I will even give you a piggy back ride there if you would like, so we can get there faster.” I told her, I was really hungry!

“Okay here is the bottle, pour out his old shampoo, then put this into the bottle.” Kaylee told me

“Let’s go!” I told her. We went to my room, I “replaced” his shampoo, and then we went down to the cafeteria for breakfast with Kaylee on my back, giving a whole new meaning to “you’ve got a monkey on your back”.

I was famished! I got roughly five scrambled eggs, four pieces of toast with strawberry jelly, the actual strawberry jelly, two oranges and some chocolate milk. I love me some chocolate milk. Kaylee was obviously not as hungry as I was, go figure. She only got waffles with some syrup and orange juice.

When we got to the table I barely could see the top of Seth’s head because it was piled high with food, not that I should talk. The rest of the guys look more normal when it comes to eating, though compared to humans they still eat a lot.

“Dang Seth how much can you eat!?” Kaylee asked shocked

“Totally the wrong question to ask, I don’t know if he is ever not hungry. I think if he could he would eat all the time.” Cooper replied. Kaylee just started laughing.

“Hey I have a question.” Kaylee stated

“What is your question?” Asked Matt

“When are the Wind Ensemble auditions?” Kaylee asked

“Well they are in five days.” Matt told her

“Seriously? That’s soon!” She said freaking out a little

“Yeah, you sound really good especially since you are a 10th grader.” I said

“So what grade are all of you are in?” Kaylee asked. Cooper, Seth, Matt, and I told her we were in 10th grade also, and Sam and Will told her they were in 11th.

“All of you look older than what you are.” Kaylee told us

“Yeah we get that a lot.” Sam said. In my head I was thinking, I bet you would never guess how old we actually are.

“So, what are we going to do today?” I asked

“Well,” Kaylee started,” I kind of need stuff for school here. Like notebooks, reeds that kind of stuff and I was hoping we could get that today.”

“That sounds like a good idea I know I need some new school stuff.” Cooper said

Kaylee’s POV-

We were on our way to the mall to get some school stuff with Seth, Cooper, and I in Will’s car, and Matt and David in Sam’s car. We get to the mall and go into Target; I didn’t know they had a target in England. I got some notebook paper, spiral notebooks, binders, pens/ pencils, basically everything you can think of that you might need for school. The only thing I didn’t have that I still needed was a backpack. The back pack I wanted was at Pac Sun, so that’s where we went.

“Okay I’M done with getting school supplies; do you guys want to go anywhere?” I asked,” Besides the food court Seth. Its 10:00 now, not lunch time yet.”

“Yeah,” Will said,” Can we go to American Eagle? I need to get some shorts and shirts.”

“To American Eagle.” I said dramatically.

We arrived at American Eagle and Will walked over to the shorts. I was followed by Seth to the shoes section.

“OMG,” I practically screamed,” They have sparkly flats!”

“Wow chill out Kaylee, they are just flats.” Seth told me

“You did not just say that, I have been looking all over for silver, sparkly flats!” I responded

“Then why don’t you get them?”

“I am, help me find my size, I am an 8½.” I told him

“Here,” he said handing me a pair of flats.

“Thanks, let’s find you something!” I said excitedly

“Uh…okay.” Seth said a little unsure

“What’s your favorite color?” I asked him

“Either black or red.” He responded

“Here,” I said handing him a blood red polo

“Um, I don’t really wear polos to much.” He informed me

“Okay, I think it would look really good on you though, and aren’t you wearing one now?”

“Yeah, I am. I’ll try it on but don’t be offended if I don’t buy it though.” He said

“Oh, I won’t, let’s find you a pair of shorts to go with the shirt.” I said. We walked around a bit then he found a pair of checkered black shorts with a hint of red that would go really well with the shirt I picked out.

“You should try them on.” I told him

“Yeah I’ll do that.” He said heading towards the dressing room.

While he was in the dressing room trying on the clothes I looked for a shirt that would go with my flats. I found a turquoise polo and a really cute jean skirt. Then I heard Seth’s voice saying, Hey Kaylee come here. I walked over to where his voice was coming from.

“What do you think?” He asked me in an unsure tone. Dang he looked hot.

“I think you should get it, it looks great on you.” I told him

“Thanks but after spring break I won’t be able to wear the shorts too much.”He said

“Really?” I asked him,” ¿Por qué?”

“Well because for school we have to wear uniforms.” He informed me," Did you just ask me something in Spanish?"
“Are you serious?” I asked close to yelling not feeling like answering the question he asked because it was obvious.

“Yes, he is serious.” Will told me coming out of the dressing room in black pants and a red polo that was just like the one Seth had on.

“The uniform really isn’t that bad.” Will told me.” We all have to wear a specific colored polo with the school crest on it, a tie, and khaki pants.” He told me,” I don’t know what you will have to wear, probably the same but with a skirt.”

“That’s not so bad, so we aren’t allowed to wear jean material then?” I asked

“No, not at all.” Seth said

“Well I’m going to put this skirt back and find a different one. I’ll be right back.” I said and I headed off to find a new skirt.

Seth’s POV-

“Hey I think we need to tell her.” Will said

“Tell her what?” I asked still staring at Kaylee.

“Well about us, not about the imprinting though.” Will said

“Yeah I am beginning to believe that we need to too.” I agreed

“So when are we going to tell her?” He asked me

“Sometime after dinner, we will need to get the guys together let’s say around 8:00 in my room?” I told him as I headed back into the changing room to put on my clothes.

“That sounds like a plan.” Will said

“What sounds like a plan?” Kaylee asked

“Uh nothing, cute skirt.” Will said covering himself up. I hope he knows he sounded very gay right then!

“Thanks wait here I want both of your opinion.” She told us

“Okay,” both Seth and I said Seth no out of the dressing room. Four minutes later Kaylee came out of the dressing room in a turquoise polo, a pretty short black and turquoise checkered print skirt, and sparkly flats. I looked over to Will, whose mouth was almost on the floor and said dumbly,

“Wow,” Which is the only word I managed to form

“You look hot” Will said and Kaylee giggled.

“Do you both like it?” She asked

“Yeah I think you should get it.” I said

-Will (in my head) - and wear it all the time

-Seth- You are unbelievable!

-Will- What?

-Seth- Never mind

“You guys almost…wow.” David said walking into the dressing room area.

“I think I am going to get it.” She told us heading back into the dressing room to change.

“Dang she is hot” David said,” You guys ready then?”

“Yeah and I don’t think Paige would like you calling someone else hot,” I said,” Are you getting those?” I asked Will

“Yeah I just need to get the school crest on the polo.” Will said

“Are you guys ready to go?” Kaylee asked coming out of the dressing room

Everyone paid and grabbed their bags and went back to the cars to return to the school. When we got back to Silverside it was 12:00, lunch time. David and I were so hungry; we practically raced back to our rooms to put our stuff down. Then I dragged Kaylee to go get some lunch. I got some pizza, well a whole pie, with some “special sauce”, I love saying that it’s just so funny. I also got some “fruit punch”. Kaylee got a slice of mushroom pizza and water. Surprisingly we were the first ones to the table. Maybe Will was filling the other guys on what was going to happen later; hopefully that’s what he was doing.

“Hey Seth where is everyone else in the school?” Kaylee asked

“Well it’s spring break so I’m guessing they are with their families or doing other things away from the school.” I told her

“Well why aren’t you with your family or out doing something else?” Kaylee asked me

“Well one my family doesn’t exactly like me anymore and second the headmaster asked me and the guys to stay over break to greet you.” I told her

“Why don’t your parents like you anymore?” She asked me

“I’ll tell you some other time okay?” I told her, after I tell you exactly what I am, I thought.

“Okay?” She said confused

‘Hey guys!” Said greeted us,” Long time no see.”

“Hey,” Kaylee responded

“So who wants to come with me to see what I have to do about a uniform?” Kaylee asked

“I’ll go with you.” David said with his mouth full

“Thanks we can go after you are done eating.”

“Okay,” He said while shoving a sandwich in his mouth.

“You can breathe you know that right?” She said

“That’s how he normally eats.” Matt explained laughing

“Shut up!” David said with a mouth full of food. I started laughing at that point.

“I wouldn’t laugh Seth you eat the same way.” Matt said

“Well I don’t care.” I said

“What the heck Seth, Did you just eat an entire pizza?” Kaylee screamed

“Yes I did,” David and I said except David said he, we both looked at each other and started laughing.

“Are you ready to go then?” Kaylee asked David

“Yeah, let’s go.” He told her
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe?