Everything is Not What it Seems

Chapter Seven

David’s POV-

We started to walk to the headmaster’s office to find out what Kaylee needed to wear for school.

“So how do you like it here so far?” I asked looking at Kaylee

“I like it more than I thought I would, at first I hated the fact that I would be going here without my best friends, in a strange country, but surprisingly I like it here more than I thought I would.” She told me

“That’s good that you like I here. Who are your best friends?” I asked

“Cassy and Jason, they are the best. Seth reminds me a lot of Jason, I mean not the way he acts, but they look exactly alike, except for the fact that Jason has black eyes and well Seth has blue. It was funny when we were kids Jason and I used to get mistaken for twins. Jason is really funny and nice when you get to know him, but he is really shy to people he doesn’t know well. I have known him since pre-school, he is like my brother. Cassy has bright orange hair, which is not dyed and green eyes.” Kaylee told me. Wait, she couldn’t be what I think, it’s impossible, or is it?” Cassy can be mean at times but is almost always nice, she is extremely outgoing, the opposite of Jason. I love them both and I miss them we have really never been apart like this before.”

“They seem awesome.” We had arrived at the headmaster’s office and I held the door open for her.

“Thank you.” She said and we walked in.

The headmaster was talking to the secretary when we walked in.

“Hello Miss. Anderson, Mr. Pierce. What can I do for you?” He asked

“Well while we were out shopping today the guys mentioned that at this school you have to wear uniforms. Well I was wondering what I will have to wear.” Kaylee asked

“Well I think I will have you wear some form of blue polo, I don’t care what shade, and a skirt, if that’s okay with you, and that might change when it gets colder. Here is a tie that you will also have to wear. It is your dorm tie. Everyone in the building Crosston has to wear that same exact tie, but in different colors.” He said handing her a bright turquoise tie with Crosston spelt vertically in a fancy font down the middle of the tie. Her tie looked cool mine was green with Crosston spelt the same way as Kaylee’s, along with all of the werewolves, and the vampires’ tie is red with Crosston also spelt vertically in a fancy font down the middle of the tie.

“Sir, I was wondering if I could have a new tie, it seems I have lost mine.” I asked

“Did you look under your bed for it Mr. Pierce?” He asked me

“No sir I did not.” I told him

“We’ll look there I think you will find it.”

“Thank you sir I will look there.” I told him

“Oh Kaylee,” He said

“Yes sir?” She asked

“Please don’t lose your tie like your friend Mr. Pierce here.” He told her,” Also stop by here if you need anything.”

“Okay, thank you sir.” She said as we left the main office.

“So your tie is under your bed?” Kaylee asked me laughing

“Apparently.” I said absent mindedly, did I just say that?

“How did he know where your tie is?” She asked

“Well probably because the headmaster is an intuitive man.” I said trying to cover my mistake

We talked about the headmaster until we got to her room.

“I’ll talk to you later; I’m going to try to find my tie.” I told her

“Have fun with that.” She told me

“Oh don’t worry I will.”

Kaylee’s POV-

I left David to find his tie and went in my room to find Seth on his bed taking a nap. Trying not to disturb him I went over to my side of the room and started to unpack my stuff since I still hadn’t done that yet. I had put all of my clothes in my closet, did I tell you that there were two walk-in closets in each room; I thought that was the coolest thing since sliced cheese, when Seth started to talk in his sleep.

“No Emma you can’t have that, get out of my room.”

“Emma, I’m going to tell mom. Get out now!” Seth said. He didn’t say anything else for a little while and all of a sudden,

“Emma, what happened?” Seth screamed. I decided that it was a good time to wake him up, it seemed as though he was having a really bad nightmare.

“Emma, no, this can’t be happening! Emma!”

“Seth, wake up.” I said shaking him awake.

“Huh? What’s going on?” Seth said.

“I think you were having a nightmare, you were talking in your sleep.” I told him

“Really what did I say?” he asked. I told him everything I heard him say while I had been putting my stuff in my closet. After I told him he started to cry.

“Seth, what’s wrong?” I asked him concerned

“Emma was my sister. She was murdered by some sick freak in my neighborhood four years ago.” Seth explained still crying.

“I’m so sorry I had no idea.” I said and I gave him a hug that he clearly needed. We sat like that until Seth stopped crying/ when David decided to come into our room.

“Uh did I interrupt anything, I can come back later.” David said

“No, you are fine, I told Kaylee about what happened to Emma.” Seth said.

“Oh,” David said, I just realized that we were still hugging, and I thing Seth realized that too, but before he let go of me he whispered in my ear,

“Thank you for that.”

“No problem,” I whispered back.

“Well the reason I came by is because I wanted to inform you that I found my tie.” David said holding up his green Crosston tie.

“Was it under your bed?” I asked

“Actually yes, though I have no idea how it got there.” He said

“Well at least you found it!” I told him

“Yeah I’ll see you guys at dinner then.” He said leaving our room

“Bye,” Both Seth and I said.

“Well I’m going to check my e-mail.” I told Seth taking my laptop out

“I am going to read some Harry Potter.” Seth said opening his book.” Wait did you unpack?”

“Yes I did, while you were sleeping.” I said starting my computer up.

“That’s good.” He said then he started to read.

I clicked open the internet explorer and went to my e-mail. I had and e-mail from my big brother John, Cassy, and Jason. The e-mail from Cassy read,

Hey babe,

OMG ur roommate is HOTT! Same wit ur other friends! I cant believe wen u 1st saw ur roommate he wuz in a TOWEL! Tat must hav been funny. Well I no this e-mail wuz short but I hav to go flute lesssons=/ SOOOOOO much fun… NOT ill ttyl
Xoxoxoxo Cassy

I responded by saying,

Hola Chicka,

¿Qué Pasa?Anything new happening with you? Yeah my reaction when I first saw Seth was like OMG! Sorry, my e-mail was shorter than yours=/ Have fun with flute lessons!!
I love ya Kaylee

After I sent the e-mail to Cassy I opened the one from Jason.

Hey Kaylee,

How is Silverside treating you? I hope your roommate and new friends are treating you well! I miss you things aren’t the same without you here! For example I think I might have feelings for Cassy =/ what should I do? I don’t want to ruin things… Well I wish you were here!
Much love from Jason

Wow I thought he might like her! Wow things defiantly the same!

Hey Jason,

I miss you so much! Yes my roommate and new friends are treating me well. Guess what! My roommate Seth looks almost exactly like you, but with bright blue eyes! So you like Cassy. Wow I always thought you might, how long have you liked her for? Well what you should do depends on how much you want to tell her you like her. It is completely up to you! If you want though try telling her how you feel about her. Well I hope everything goes well! Keep me posted.
Xoxoxo Kaylee

My last e-mail was from my big brother John.

Hey little sis,

I heard you were sent to an all boy’s boarding school in England that must suck! I have some good news! Do you remember my girlfriend Katherine? Well Katherine and I are going to be getting married! I’ll tell you every little detail about the wedding when we decide what we are going to do! I know one thing though; you are going to be the maid of honor. Well I’ll talk to you later!
I Love You John

I’m so excited for them I can’t believe my big brother is getting married! Did he say I was maid of honor that’s awesome!

Hey John!

I can’t believe you are going to be getting married! Congratulations I’m so excited for you! Thank you for making me maid of honor! Everything is okay now at school, at first I was freaked out that I would be going here I’m now fine with it. Well keep me posted on everything happening with your wedding and tell me when you schedule a date! I can’t believe my big brother is going to be getting married!
I Love You Kaylee

I shut my computer off and went over to Seth’s bed and just sat there, after a while he said,

“Do you need something?”

“No, but guess what?!” I said excitedly

“What?” he asked

“My brother John is getting married and I am the maid of honor!”

“That’s awesome congratulations!”

“Oh, and my one best friend Jason likes my other best friend Cassy.” I said

“Yay?” he said

“Yeah it’s really cool, and I’m sorry I needed to tell someone.” I said

“Oh, I don’t mind. So you don’t mind then that Jason likes Cassy?”

“No, I have thought that he might like her for a while now.” I explained

“That’s good then. Not to be rude but can I get back to reading Harry Potter? I just got to the part where they are all in the Department of Mysteries.”

“Oh sorry, you weren’t rude I was.” I told him getting off his bed. Seth had started to read again, he must be addicted to that book I thought. I sat there for a bit trying to figure out what to do when I decided to go talk to Cooper.

“Hey where is Cooper’s room? I asked basically to a wall.

“Hey wall,” I asked the actual wall,” Where is Cooper’s room?”

“Oh sorry he is right across the hall with the sign “Caution Cooper and Will’s room” on the door you can’t miss it” Seth told me.

“Thanks wall, Have fun reading.” I muttered to Seth as I left the room.

Cooper’s POV

I heard someone knocking at my door, and I told Will to get it, and I ended up having to get the door because Will was being lazy.

“Hey Kaylee, what are you doing here?” I asked opening the door.

“Hey guys, Seth was reading and I was bored so I came over here. Have you ever tried to talk to Seth when he is reading?” Kaylee asked coming into our room and sitting down on my bed.

“Yeah, it’s like talking to a wall.” Will responded

“So what are you guys up to?” She asked us

“Nothing really, do you want to play Mario Cart on our game cube?” I asked Kaylee

“Okay, I used to play it all the time with my brother before he left for college.” Kaylee said

“You are on!” Will said

Kaylee won the first two games, I won the next three, and Will won the two after that. We were in the middle of another game when David came in and asked if we were hungry.

“Huh what?” Kaylee asked quite distracted, she was currently in first place.

“Its dinner time and wow she is kicking your butts!” David exclaimed

“What time is it?” I asked David absentmindedly

“Uh 6:45 I think.” David responded

“Really we must have been playing forever!” Kaylee said still staring at the TV.

“We will be down after this game, save us spots?” I asked

“Make sure you beat them.” He whispered in Kaylee’s ear

“Don’t worry I will” She told him

“I’ll save you seats; see you in a little while.” David said leaving

Five minutes later, after Kaylee had won, we were in the elevator singing to I Don’t Want To Be In Love by Good Charlotte.

She’s going out to forget they were together
All that time he was taking her for granted
She wants to see if there’s more
than he gave she’s looking for

she calls him up
He’s trippin on the phone now
He doesn’t want her out there
And alone now
He knows she’s movin it
Knows she’s using it
Now he’s losing it
She don’t care

Everybody put up your hands
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love
Feel the beat now
If you’ve got nothing left
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love
Break it up now
You’ve got a reason to live
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love
Feelin' good now
Don’t be afraid to get down
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love

He was always giving her attention
Looking hard to find the things she mentioned
He was dedicated
By most suckers hated
That girl was fine
But she didn’t appreciate him

She calls him up
She’s tripping on the phone now
He had to get up
And he ain’t comin home now
He’s tryin' to forget her
That’s how we come with her
When he first met her
When they first got together

Everybody put up your hands
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love
Feel the beat now
If you've got nothing left
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love
back it up now
You got a reason to live
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love
Feelin' good now
Don’t be afraid to get down
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love

to the beat
to the beat
to the beat

You got nothing to lose
Don’t be afraid to get down

We break up
It’s something that we do now
Everyone has got to do it sometime
It’s okay,let it go
Get out there and find someone

It’s too late to be trippin' on the phone here
Get off the wire
You knew everything was good here
Stop what you’re doin'
You don’t wanna ruin
The chance that you've got to
find a new one

Everybody put up your hands
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love
feel the beat now
If you got nothing left
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love
Back it up now
You got a reason to live
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love
Feelin' good now
Don’t be afraid to get down
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love

Nooo...Noooo

Now you know what to do, so come on feelin' good

By the time we were in the cafeteria we were laughing so hard it hurt. We got our food, they were still serving pizza. Will and I got pizza with “special sauce” and “fruit punch” and Kaylee got a salad and water. When we got to the table we were still laughing, the other guys were giving us weird looks so we explained why we were laughing, and I heard Seth in my head.

-Seth- Hey be in my room at 8:30

-Cooper- Why?

-Seth- We are going to tell her.

-Cooper- That we are vampires and werewolves?

-Seth- Yes, I don’t know if it is the best idea but we are going to do it.

-Cooper- Okay I’ll be there.

Seth exited my mind. This should be interesting, I thought.
“So you guys were playing Mario Cart for the past couple hours?” Sam asked

“Yeah we were.” Will said

“I won three games.” I told them

“I won two games.” Will said

“I won three games.” Kaylee said

“So are all of you up for playing Rock Band after dinner in my room?”

“Heck Yeah!” Matt said. I gave Seth a questioning look.

-Seth- It’s an excuse for everyone to be in my room!

-Cooper- Ahhh, good idea

One hour and at least a pizza per person if not more, except for Kaylee who just had a salad later we were all headed to Seth’s room to “play Rock Band”. God I wish that is what we were going to be doing.
♠ ♠ ♠
CoMmEnT? SuBScRiBe?