Sequel: Tensions

The Other Woman

Shhhh

Hazel eyes gazing upon green eyes. Green eyes, staring back at those same soft hazel eyes. Just as I was about to leave, I just had to run into him. WHY?

"What the hell are you doing here?" screams Billie Joe. He's still squinting his eyes just a bit, to confirm that it is me in front of him. And a shot glass full of brown fluid, which I presume to be Jack Daniels, is swishing about in the glass.

"Don't yell at me! I told you I was going to a bar tonight," I reply more calmly than he.

Billie Joe then turns his head towards someone else, so that my face is in direct contact with his jet black hair. My mouth gapes open for a moment since he is being awfully rude, and I can't help but roll my eyes at him. But then he speaks.

"Serenity, you have to leave. Please." He yells and begs from in front of me, not even having the courtesy of looking at me.

Today's dilemmas and frustrations shudder throughout my mind, and my heart can't help but sink to my stomach, that he, Billie Joe, is evading me. From the events in my hotel room that morning, to seeing him and his happy wife together, anger and hurt cannot help but seethe in my body.

I walk in front of him, so that our eyes are again fixed on to each other's and place one hand on my hip.
"Go to hell Billie Joe," I say dangerously to him, not even caring if his wife caught whiff me speaking to him like that. And with that, I practically stomped out of Planet Fred.

Digging into my purse for some change, I let out a bellowing sigh. Nothing tonight, besides my introduction with Mr. Cool, was going right. Billie Joe basically thrashed my fragile heart, Peter seemed like a crawling parasite and I couldn't believe that I gave him a body shot, and then to summarize everything, I was lonely. L -o -n -e -l -y.

Everyone had someone. Billie Joe had Adrienne, Jennifer had Jack, Mike had Brittany, and Tre most likely had someone too, or was at least CLOSE to being with someone.

And while staring into space, and thinking about how pathetic my life was, I hear a loud car honking in front me.

"Sorry," I murmur to the cab driver. He only nods his ghostly pale white head. I give him the hotel's address and quickly fall asleep against the torn cushions in the back-seat.

But before I had fallen asleep, and before the cab had even driven away with me in tow, I had seen Billie Joe and Adrienne stumble out of the bar. And for one swift, quick second. me and the wife of my lover came into eye contact with one another. She didn't give me any facial expression at all, just a glimpse. Like when your in a crowded area, and you see people, but your not actually seeing them.

"What did you do there?" she asks while swiping her chin with a napkin. Most likely, she had felt the blob of hot sauce that was accumulating there.

"Nothing really. Just got away from here, went to a few clubs, met a few guys" I shrug, and then grab for another slice of pizza.

"So instead of flying to perhaps Orlando, or even Georgia, you have to fly ALL the way to Washington, DC to get away," she smirks, and cocks one of her neatly trimmed eyebrows up at me.

"Jennifer, please don't give me that look. You know I like traveling and going to places that are NOT in a 10 mile radius of Miami" I reply smoothly.

She sighs. "I guess, but lets just hope your not hiding anything or shall I say anyONE from me." She concludes her statement by taking a messy bite out of the remainder of her pizza.

All I can do is giggle and roll my eyes at her idiocy, and of course, her annoying tendency of always being right. It had been 3 days since I had left Washington, DC, and frankly, I was pissed. The first day was decent enough with Billie, but the second day that we were both in the nation's capital, he didn't even bother to call or see me. The little antic at the bar last night was the not that vital for him to not even pick up a pay phone and give me a call. So instead of hanging out with Billie that day, I stayed in my hotel and bothered the hell out of room service. It was truly disappointing, and I promised myself that, that would be the last time I flew out to see him.

* * *

"What do you mean you can't make it," I shriek into the phone.

"Serenity I'm sorry, but I couldn't get them. I have a fucking deadline approaching, and I'm really behind," he pleads.

"Rick, you promised you would be able to get the supplies, and now you're going to give me that lame ass excuse?"

"What am I supposed to do? I'm not gonna get fired from my job, to get some fucking party supplies for Jen," he mumbles.

"Alright. Thank you Rick, I'll be sure to fucking remember this," I slam the phone down on the receiver, and let out a tiring sigh.

Rick, one of Jennifer's and I long time friends, had promised me to gather a few things for Jen's surprise birthday bash. He was after all in New York, and could arrange to get special things, that persons in Miami, couldn't get. Frustration and anger again rained in my head. So that when my phone rung again, I had barely heard it.

"What now?" I almost yell into the receiver.
"I come in peace. It's Billie Joe," he laughs.

I find my heart fluttering again, and curse myself for being so anxious over his presence.

"Sorry, I had a bad today. Similar to the one in DC," I rant, reminding him of my miserable time spent with him.

"Oh, yeah. About that," he stutters. "I'm really sorry. I just didn't want Adrienne to get any suspicions or anything."

"Yeah, well, you didn't have to be so rude about it," I continue whining.

"Will my princess ever forgive me?" he jokes.

"Billie, save that shit for your wife, not me," I respond more seriously.

"Wow. You really are having a shitty day. How about I make your day better?" he teases.

"And how the hell are you going to do that?"

"You'll see Seny."

"Billie," I whine. "Just tell me."

"You know, its not safe to leave your doors unlocked," he says, ignoring my pleas.
"Huh?"
"Is your front door locked? I was watching something on TV, and this serial killer just went into this girl's ho---"
"Don't get off topic. Make my day better...pwease," I interrupt.

I here him chuckling, and startle a bit, after hearing something like sand paper shuffling in my kitchen. My breath hitches in my throat for a second.

"Serenity, are you OK?" asks Billie Joe.
"Uh, I dunno. I here something in my kitchen," I reply in cautious whisper.
"Maybe you should check it out," he whispers back mockingly.
"This isn't funny Billie Joe," I bit.

He doesn't respond. And all I can hear is dead silence on the other end of the phone.
"Hello? Billie Joe? Are you there?"

Now panicking, I shut off the phone, and silently creep towards the front door. There was no way I was going to stay in that house, while some intruder was inside. I had seen the horror movies. The idiot girls would stay situated in the house and call out
'Is any one here'...'Hello?'...which in translation meant: 'Killer, please come and get me.'

The front door was now inches away from me, I could smell the sun and its safety outside. But as soon as my hand enclosed around the doorknob, someone's arms enclosed around my waist, followed by a deep whisper in my ear.

"And where do you think you're going?"

Screaming at the top of my lungs, I turn around in sheer fear.

That is, until I see none other than Billie Joe, on the floor laughing to death.

Placing my hand on my speedy heart, I catch my breath and glare at him.

"Oh my...Oh my God," he breathes. "You...you shoulda seen...your face." I take it he was recalling the image of me screaming in his mind, because he then burst into another annoying fit of laughter.

"Fuck you Billie," I nudge him a little hard in the ass with my foot as he still lies on the floor, before retreating back to the couch.

Once comfortably seated, I pick up the remote and turn on the television, flicking through channels to see if anything worthwhile is on, ignoring the laughing idiot on the floor.

"Heeeeeyy," I yelp. Billie Joe had practically slammed my body against the armrest of the couch, while in attempt to sit next to me.

"Double sorry."

"What's a double sorry?" I ask, quirking my right eyebrow at him.

"Well, I just knocked you over. And before I scared you, although that was really funny," he smiles. I feel his arms being wrapped around me and holding me tightly.

I can't help but melt.

Adrienne was one lucky motherfucker. She could have this whenever she wanted, and of course without sneaking around about it either. Since I couldn't hold on to him forever, I quickly positioned myself in his lap, letting his nose and mouth lightly graze my shoulder and neck when he pleased. The feeling of him on my skin was intoxicating. Him being curled up on me, while we sat on the couch and watched daytime television, what more could a girl ask for?

"So did I make your day somewhat better?" he asks, now kissing my neck and using his hands to gently push away any hair falling on my back.

"Almost," I tease.

"Hmmm, what can I do to completely make your day better?" he asks seductively, and I turn my head slightly to see him wagging those eyebrows of his.

"You coooooooouuuullldd...go to the party supply store with me," I blurt out.

"The what?!"

"Please. I need to get some supplies for Jen's party this weekend." I pout at him, and make the cutest sad puppy face known to mankind.

"Is that face supposed to make me say yes?" he says sternly, or at least what he thinks is stern.

"Pwweeeaaasse," I beg, now adding soft kisses to his neck and jawline.

He sighs, and succumbs to my killer puppy face. "Fine. But you owe me later tonight," he smirks.

* * * *

I was amazed to see how many items I had purchased for the party, as I dumped them all onto the dining room table.

"I still can't believe you bought all that shit," Billie Joe scorns from behind me.

"I know. Do you think I should return some stuff?" I ask wearily.

"Hell no. We are not driving all the way back there, its night time now anyway."

Sauntering over to him, with a big smile on my face, I can't help but picture him naked in front of me.

"And what are you smiling at?" he asks, as I wrap my arms around his lower back, finally finding his back pockets, and stuffing my naughty hands inside.

"I'm smiling because I'm happy now," I reply, feeling his arms also wrapping their way around my body. I snuggle into his chest, as his lips begin faintly kissing my neck and thanks to my halter top, my bare shoulders.

"Why are you here anyway?" I ask, regretfully pulling away from his warm chest.
"We have a show here in two days," he murmurs against my skin.

"So you came here two days earlier to be with me?" I ask, curious and skeptical about the answer.

"Precisely," he says, beaming a 24 watt smile at me.

"I hope your telling me the truth," I chastise, now taking my hands from out of his back pockets.

"What the hell else would I be doing here two days early for?" he asks, now unwrapping his tattooed arms from around me.

"I don't know. I just hope your wife isn't here too," I shot, recalling my miserable time back in DC when I saw her latched on to him.

"First of all," he says, now placing one hand on his narrow hip. "My wife isn't here, second of all, would it make a difference if she was? If she wanted to come along, then I wouldn't stop her."

"That's really lovely Billie Joe. Too bad I don't give a flying fuck," I mutter, walking back to the table and placing the party items back in their respective bags.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" he nearly yells, and is now right behind me, so close that I can feel his chest on my back.

Ignoring him, I continue gathering the bags, and when I'm ready to place them in my bedroom, I swivel around to face him.

"Get out of my way so I can put these down," I mutter with boredom and annoyance in my eyes, cocking my head to the side.

"What if I don't?"

"Then, this bag with a punch bowl inside, is going to smash your foot."

"Let it," he says, as if he doesn't have a care in the world.

"Billie Joe, I'm serious get out of my way," I say, anger dripping with each word.

Losing the battle of holding the quite heavy bag, it does as I predicted it would, and drops onto Billie Joe's toe.

"FUCK," he yelps, hopping on one foot with a look of severe diarrhea on his face.

"Told you so," I giggled.

I only rolled my eyes at his stupid behavior, before regathering my things in walking into my bedroom.

I switched on the light with my knuckles since my bags were just about ready to drop onto my own toes.

'Whoa, you got some cleaning to do' I mumble to myself, looking at the sight of my bedroom. The bed was unmade, and an empty bag of Cheetos was on the sheets. The floor was in dire need of vacuuming. The dust bunnies were just about ready to overthrow me and run my bedroom themselves.

Chuckling to myself I went over to my bed and bent down, heaving the bags underneath.

"Owwww. Owwww," I repeated.

The first 'ow' was due to Billie Joe silently creeping into my bedroom, and spanking me on the ass. The second 'ow' was due to me knocking my head against the metal, which was due to the sting and surprise of Billie's spank.

Kneeling back up, I glare at him, as I rub my forehead.

"Revenge is sweet," he chuckles.

"You haven't seen my revenge," I mutter back.

I watch as he smiles at me, slowly making his way towards me.

"Soooo," he coos, now rewrapping himself around me. "It's midnight, and I'm not exactly tired. What shall we do?" he whispers the last part into my ear.

"You could use my exercise machine, it really tires me out, and you could use the exercise," I respond.

Lightly laughing next to my ear he begins kissing my neck, then my cheeks, then me forehead.

"Naww. I'd rather do another type of exercise. A vigorous one. And the only equipment I need is you and the bed...and the floor...and the table...and the."

"Billie Joe, just shut up and do me," I interrupt.

"I thought you'd never ask," he says, while unbuttoning the button on my jeans.

* * *