Sequel: Tensions

The Other Woman

Part 6

The concert at the Miami Airlines Arena had come faster than expected. The two 'vacation' days for Billie Joe were up; therefore, instead of shacking up at my house, he was coerced to find a five star hotel to stay in. The two days he was occupied at my apartment were complete bliss; no silly arguing, no awkward moments or conversations, no Adrienne or his kids calling his cell phone. Only laughing, fun, shopping, and of course copious amounts of sex.

He called in the day he arrived at The Belleview Hotel that morning.
Mike and Tre had arrived in Miami early that morning too, and according to Billie Joe, both were quite grumpy.

"I dunno. They've both been bitching and complaining since they landed" he whined into the phone.
"Maybe they should have took a few days off as well" I laughed.
"Yeah, they said they would next time."

I hear him shuffling papers around, as I sit on the couch watching a silly soap opera on ABC.
"What's with all the paper work?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Its nothing. Just some security and payment shit, which I shouldn't even be doing" he mutters.

"Poor baby, you have to do paperwork" I laugh sarcastically.

"Have I ever told you how much I hate you Seny?" he jokes.

"Everyday babe" I reply, now shutting off the television.

"Uh. I'm going to have to call you back, I here the grumpies calling me for something"

"Alright. Have a good show, Bye"

"Thanks babe, bye"

I turn my head and glance at the clock hanging on the wall. Only 3pm. What was I supposed to do? Billie Joe was busy with his show, Rick was probably with his new girlfriend, fucking in his car.

Aah, Jen would be home soon!

She had went to pick up a few items at the supermarket, since it was her turn to prepare dinner. Maybe we could go do a little shopping or something. Just anything to keep my mind off of Billie Joe, because I knew his mind certainly wasn't on me.

Propping myself from up off the couch, I let out a huge sigh. Billie would be gone by tomorrow, and then I probably wouldn't be able to see him for at LEAST another month. Nevertheless, I crawled into the bathroom to take a hot shower before Jennifer returned.

"Why are you so eager to go shopping?" Jen giggled.

"What girl isn't eager to go shopping? Just come on" I reply nudging her towards the front door.

I was currently dressed to unimpress. Scraggly hair loose hair, which desperately needed to be flat ironed, since my shower. My faded black skirt had a few rips in it, but I suppose these days that would be considered fashion. I wore a red shirt that had a marijuana leaf on it, and my converses were filthy. I didn't care though, men should like you for how you normally are, not how you appear in a club or in their bed.

"I hate walking down this fucking street" I muttered to Jennifer, whom was dressed just as 'crumpled' as I was.
"Your not the only one. These idiots are always staring at us" she replies.

7th Avenue was the worst. Rich bitches and perverted men ran these streets. A girl couldn't get anything done without old perverted men trying to kidnap them in their cars, or without having a dispute with some rich college girl.

"Lets go in here" Jen chides, making me take a sharp left turn into a Pacific Sunwear store. One of the preppiest and most expensive clothing stores. Some of the clothes were decent, but most were simply too 'beachy' for my liking.

As we walked up and down the aisles, I really did not like the variety of clothes they had to offer. Striped collard shirts, khaki Bermuda shorts, disgusting looking blouses. And I thought that high school kids shopped here?

"Jen. These clothes are for little kids, lets go" I remark.

"I hate it when you're right" she nods, as we walk out towards the door.

"Uh ladies. Can I help you with anything?" asked a security guard who was now approaching us.

"No, we were just leaving" I reply with a tinge of attitude. I gave the store clerk a look of death, knowing that she probably told the security personnel to come and check us out.

"May I see your bags ladies" he says in a statement, instead of properly asking us.

Jen and I both share a look of 'what the fuck?!', before handing him our bags. The guard coughs like the fool he is, before handing us our nearly empty bags back, seeing as there were no stolen items inside.
"Would you look at that! We didn't steal anything" shouted Jen with leaking sarcasm.

I had to laugh, even if I was facing someone who could throw me into prison.

"Lady's may I see underneath your shirts" stated the officer.

"Excuse you!!??" we both shouted in unison.

"Look, we've been having a lot of stolen property here these past few months. This is simply procedure" he says matter of factly.

"How about I report your fucking procedure and shove it up your ass if you don't stop harassing us?!" I challenge, seeing a nauseating bulge in his pants.

He nods, and without another word we leave, and vow to NEVER return to that sickly twisted store.

"That has got to be the most weird and vile thing I have ever witnessed" murmured Jen as we headed further down the strip.

"Tell me about it" I reply.

I take a quick look at my wrist to notice the time. 5:27. The day couldn't get any slower. Jennifer and I had been to PacSun, Victoria's Secret, JC Penny, and Wal-Mart. It should have been 7 pm by now, but I guess time flies by when you're having fun. And unfortunately for Jen and I, we weren't having a lot of fun. Trying on lingerie in Victoria's Secret was fun, so was Wal-Mart. However, JC Penny had nothing to offer, and who could forget the rapist cop at Pacific Sunwear.

"Well at least we got some stuff. Now aren't you happy?" blazed Jen as she hailed a cab for us to go home.

"Yeah, I guess" I mumbled. I still missed Billie Joe. I hated when he pulled stunts like this. Making me the happiest girl in the world for a few days, then leaving me to rot for what seemed like forever.

"What's wrong? You're not your happy/grumpy self" she said, squeezing me into an annoying hug.

"Nothing. Just not in a good mood" I answer.

A cab arrived a few moments later, relieving me of chatting about my problems with Jen, because she still had no idea whatsoever of Billie Joe and I being in an affair.

But then something happened. It was a gift from God I suppose, or maybe a gift from satan. But as soon as Jen was in the cab, and I was still outside placing my bags comfortably inside, I heard someone shout.

"Hey! Hey! Cab girl, stop!" they shouted.

I turned my head around and quirked my eyebrow not knowing who the idiot was, that was running up to me. The man had on sunglasses, was wearing a dark brown t-shirt with a pair of black knee length shorts. His hair was light brown, and I only HOPE that the wind from him running had messed it up so bad.

"Can I help you?" I asked as politely as possible, but today's events made my greeting come out with more attitude than intended.

He doesn't immediately respond, because he's still busy catching his breath.

"Uh, Seny. Who is that? Because we have to wait and pay" chimes Jennifer from inside of the cab, looking out the window at the stranger.

I nod and turn my head back to he guy.
"Um, do I know you?"

"I think so. I always remember a cute ass when I see one" he responds.

"How 'bout you go to hell" I roll my eyes at him, now reopening the cab door to leave.

"Its me, Tre" he says chuckling and taking off his sunglasses.

I turn my head back towards him, and look into those pacific blue eyes of his.

It was Tre.

"Oh My God!!" squealed Jen, who was now running to the side of the vehicle where Tre and I stood.

"Rock star guy?!" I asked dumbly for show.

He smiles shyly, while Jennifer practically soaks the sidewalk with her drool.

"I'm afraid I forgot your name though. I can't even remember the city we met in."

"So how do you remember my face? Or um, my ass?" I giggle.

"I NEVER forget a face, or a hot ass for that matter"

I playfully roll my eyes and notice that I have yet to introduce Jen and Tre. Silly me...
"I'm sorry. Jen, this is Tre, who I guess you obviously know. And Tre, this is one of my best friends, Jennifer." I mumble. "Oh yeah, Serenity or my friends call me Seny" I add remembering that he had forgotten my name.
Ass.

He extends his hand to Jennifer and they shake. All the while, Jen was surprised, but still managed to keep her cool.

"Now I remember. Serenity! We met in D.C at that stupid bar!" he smiles.

"Don't tell me your stalking me" I mumble with sarcasm to Tre.

"Your ass isn't that cute" he responds.
"I have a show here today actually" he adds.

!HONK!

The cab driver had been waiting for a while now and had become restless.

"Uh, Tre I was just heading home so... ."

"No its ok, you two stay and chat. I'll bring your shit home" says Jen heading towards the cab, giving me a wink.

"So you wanna hang out with me... how desperate." he claims with conceit.

"If you want, because I'll go right now." I challenged back.

"Come on Seny." he says pulling on my arm. "You can show me around your town".

"Bye and Thanks Jen!" I yell to her as the cab drives off.

Tre lets go of my arm and shoves his hands into his pockets as we walked along the strip in silence.

"Sooo, I take it you live here?" he asks.

"Yeah. Miami is my hometown" I respond.

"I hear the women down here are sexy as hell. That true?"

"Uhh. I dunno, look for yourself." I reply looking down at the dirty concrete.

"From the looks of it, its true" he says, directly looking at me.

I find myself blushing and fiddling with my hair. There was no way in HELL that I was going to be attracted to my lover's bandmate and best friend. NO WAY. If that ever occurred, everything would go downhill from there. Tre would eventually find out, then Adrienne would find out and try and kick my ass (I'd whoop her). No matter what charming tricks Tre tried to pull, I had to make sure not to succumb to any of them. Plus I still loved or REALLY liked Billie Joe (as he put it).

He's my morning sunshine. The one that can make me feel special. The one that makes me smile. The one that makes amazing amounts of pleasure well up inside of me. And I still wasn't sure whether to tell Billie of Tre and I's encounters. Would he get upset?

What right did he have to be upset though? He had a fucking WIFE for goodness sake.

And it was quite ironic and awkward that Tre just happened to remember my face (oops, my ass) and catch my gaze from down the street.

"Where are we headed?" I ask, ignoring all the questions in my head.

"I'm not sure, I thought you knew"

"Nope, I was just following you" I giggle.

"I'm hungry. You can feed me" he suggests.

"Alright, but what time is your show?"

"Uhhh" he mumbles looking at his silver studded watch. "I actually have to get back in about an hour, so we gotta make it quick"

"Then McDonalds it is" I retort
He snorts before crossing the street with me towards McDonalds.

"Hi. Let me get a fudge Sunday, one McChicken, a medium fry, and a small sprite" I say to the salesperson. Stepping out of line to let Tre get his turn I dig in my wallet to find a $20 bill for the sum of money she requested for my food.

"Uhh, let me add a BigMac to that order, and a large Coke, a large fry, and a cookie" says Tre.

"Ok Sir. That will now be $21.79" says the cashier.

"Um, Tre. All I have is a twenty" I say quirking my eyebrow at him.

"Relax, I'll pay for the both of us" he says, whipping out his wallet.

"Oh, well thanks" I murmur putting away my money.

"Why don't you go save us a seat before we have to stand up and eat"

"Fine master" I mutter before stalking off towards an empty table.

Seating myself against the maroon cushions I stare at Tre as he still has his back turned to me. He truly was a 'special' person. From what I had seen on television and heard from Billie Joe, Tre was psychotic. Always making jokes and suggestive implications towards women. And who could forget that 'Like A Rat Does Cheese' song he created? He seemed funny, cute, spontaneous, and experimental, all attributes of a man that I would KILL for. So it made me wonder if I was doing the right thing by having lunch with him. Would I succumb to his charm?

I doubt it, as I saw him staggering over to where I sat with a large trey, wobbling freely in his hands. Shaking my head out of disbelief, I get out of my seat and offer to help Tre with our meal before it ended up on the white tiled floor.

"Let me help you with that" I said, carefully taking a load off of the trey.
"Thanks" he breathes, relieved that he didn't spill the food.

"Soooo. What fdo fyou do for a fliving?" he mumbles, while munching on a handful of fries.

Wiping my mouth with a napkin, I reply "Please don't talk with your mouth open".

"Well excuse me Ms. Proper" he says, swallowing the bolus of fries in his mouth.

"I'm not proper" I giggle. "Sorry that I'm not interested in seeing mashed up fries with saliva" I said, sipping on my soda.

"Are you a prostitute?" he blurts out.

"Excuse me!!?!" I say appalled, nearly choking on my drink.

"Then why are you avoiding my question?"

"I wasn't avoiding your fucking question. I'm a waitress"

"You're cute when you're mad" he smiles at me.

And of course I'm forced to smile back into those eyes of his. 'DO NOT FALL FOR HIM! DO NOT FALL FOR HIM!' I mutter back and forth in my mind, and it seemed to be working.

"So why were you so grumpy this morning?" I ask, not realizing the mistake that I had made.

"This morning? Who told you I was grumpy this morning?" he asks, quirking his eyebrow at me and taking a bite out of his BigMac.

'Shit' I scream to myself.

"No, no one told me. I just assumed you were groggy. Uh, what time do you have to be back again?" I stagger.

"We have plenty of time left" he says, secretly discarding a yellow tinged piece of lettuce, that was not to his liking, on the floor.

"You are such a kid" I plead, rolling my eyes at his immaturity.

"It was all limp and yellow. I know you wouldn't eat that" he replies taking a gulp of his Coke.

After throwing away our trash and leaving McDonalds, the time for Tre to leave had come, and frankly I was disappointed. Waiting outside for a cab to drop us both off at our destinations, something unexpected happened.

"Aww man" he whines. "I'm going to be late if a cab doesn't show up soon"

"How tragic" I mumble in sarcasm.

"You know you like my company. Don't deny it" he murmurs, nudging me on my rib.

Suddenly I feel my cell phone vibrating on my waistline. Taking it off, I flip it open and to my horror it reads A. Idiot across the screen. What the hell was Billie Joe calling me for? He had such great timing...

'Shit' I mutter to myself, or at least what I thought was to myself.

"I take it you don't like the person who's calling?" asks Tre who was standing right beside me.

"Sort of" I reply, turning off the phone.

"Uhhmm, speaking of phones. Do you mind giving me your number? You can be my 'Buddy who lives in Miami' buddy"
I snort. "So you have buddies who live all over the world?"

"Yeah, and lucky for you, I'm fresh out of Miami buddies" he lies.

I nod my head before asking him for the number.

"You could always give me your phone so I can put it in" he states.
"That's ok, just say it loud and proud" I reply.

If I had given him my phone, he would probably recognize Billie Joe's number in there, or even more embarrassing, the photo that me and Billie had took several months ago, that I had downloaded into my phone as the background. NO WAY

A cab finally drew up towards the curb of the street that Tre and I were residing on. The drive to the Miami Arena was about half an hour. And for the most part, Tre and I shared jokes, insults, and flirting with each other. I'll admit, I had a good time with him, and I was happy that he had my phone number, and that we would be able to keep in contact with one another. I just hoped and prayed that he wouldn't mention my name or our encounter to Billie Joe.

"Well, this is where part" he sighs, while opening the door.
I could smell the salt of the nearby ocean, lazily passing my nose. The arena was large from the outside, and was decorated with a whole bunch of 'American Idiot' themed decorations. The mass of fans waiting to be escorted inside was unbelievable, you would think it was the VMA's or some other award show. They were mostly teenagers, with a few adults and younger kids here and there.

"I guess. Good luck with your show" I say politely.

"Thanks. I'll talk to you soon" he says.

He then leans in and kisses me on my cheek before paying the cab driver, and letting himself out of the cab.

"Bye" he waves, before running to the side of the arena where no one could notice him.

It was only a light kiss on my cheek, but for the remainder of the drive home, that was all I could think about.