Sequel: Tensions

The Other Woman

Part 7

"And when I asked him about it, he lies and says 'no way' can you believe that fuckhead?" she whines.

"Jen, don't worry about Rick. He'll get what's coming to him." I reply reassuring her, or at least TRYING to reassure her.
"I really need to get over him, I'm not even sure how I first got attracted to the moron"
"Well, being our best friend for so long could be a dead giveaway" I snort.
"Enough about me, what about you and your celebrity fuck buddy?!" she says scraping the last remnants of eggs from off her plate.

"WHAT!" I remark, thinking that she is referring to Billie Joe.

"Hello? Does Tre Cool ring a bell?!"
"Oh, right, him" I looked at the clock and noticed it was time for me to head out to work.

Tony's Bistro. The WORST restaurant to have ever been produced on our planet Earth. Well, maybe I was exaggerating. The money was pretty good, $8.75 an hour. I received pretty good tips from customers, and the food was actually good. My shift was usually from 12pm until 7pm, but today my co-worker by the name of Alice asked me to do her shift for her, so I 'happily' complied.

"Yeah, me and him are fine. Even though its been over a week and he hasn't called" I remarked sarcastically.

"He'll call. He's a rock star he's obliged to be busy"

"Whatever. I really don't care, its not like I want to elope and have his kids or anything" I said pulling on my jacket from the back of my chair.

"Sure ya dont" Jen cooed.

Rolling my eyes I quickly sped out of the door, hoping not to be tardy to work AGAIN. So many things had been plaguing my mind lately. The first and foremost thing was Billie Joe. I hadn't heard from him since we spoke nearly two weeks ago when he was in Miami. I missed him so much, and those comforting hugs and kisses he supplied me with. I missed rustling his jet black hair, making fun of his chipped tooth, and teasing him about how he always whines. Another dilemma was his band mate Tre. Why had he not called me? Was I just some random girl that he unfortunately didn't have the time to fuck?

I guess all men are the same... ...

'Almost nine, almost 9' I mumbled back and forth in my mind. Today was a looonngg day. The Bistro was abnormally loaded to capacity today, and my legs and feet were aching. I'm surprised they didn't just amputate themselves.

"I'll have the Greek Salad with a Heineken beer" she mutters through the laminated menu.
"And I'll take the Double Meat Eater's Burger, with no cheese. And I can I have a Bud Light" says the gentlemen seated next to her.

"Of course. Your food will arrive shortly" I smile and finished jotting down their orders before skidding off to the back kitchen.

"Here ya go Ken, have fun" I smirk.

Snatching the small yellow paper from my grip, Ken (a new chef) mutters a sly remark while preparing the order of salad and burgers. I quickly glanced at the oil splattered clock, which read 8:42. Almost there, I would just walk really slow to bring back the customers' food.

My feet ached and I couldn't wait to return home. The feeling of hot, raining water, drowning and soothing my skin in the shower awaited me. The steaming plate of food that Jen had prepared awaited me, which consisted of succulent buttery mashed potatoes, juicy breaded chicken breasts garnished with mozzarella cheese, and the addition of broccoli. I could smell it now..

"ugh" I groan walking back to deliver the customers' order of food in utter annoyance.
"Here's your order" I faux smile politely at the couple.

"Thanks" they murmur, before ripping into their meals like vicious vultures. After a few more orders, abundant tips, and minimal nagging from my boss about my tardiness it was 9pm and time for me to leave and go home.

After a gracious dinner prepared to perfection by Jennifer (thank God she is my roommate), it was time for my shower. But luckily for me, before I closed the door to the bathroom, I could faintly hear the ringing of my cell phone. Rolling my eyes, I rewrap the fluffy blue towel around my body and enter my bedroom to retrieve the annoying device.

A. Idiot...

"Yes" I squealed to myself, happy that Billie was calling me. Maybe he did care for me... Maybe he just wanted a simple puppy love type relationship with me. Clapping my hands out of joy, I quickly answered before he hung up.

"Hey Stranger" I reply in a throaty voice, flopping onto my bed with my back against the sheets in pure happiness.

"Wow, that's how you answer your phone?!" chuckles a familiar voice that belongs to none other than Tre.

Shocked, happy, yet disappointed, but mostly shocked, I sit straight up.
"Uh, yeah ...Tre, I was just kidding though" I stutter back.
"So, for what pleasure do I owe this phone call?"

"None, really. I'm in Cleveland right now, just finished playing a kick ass show" he states, and I can almost see the smile on his face.

"Cool"

"Yep, that's my last name. So what's up with you?"

"Nothing. I went to work, came home, ate and I was just going to hop into the shower. That is, before someone RUDELY interrupted me" I scoff.

He laughs for a second before, of course, spitting back his own slick response.
"How about you come to Cleveland with me and take that shower? Or even better, we can shower together?"

"I don't think so" I laugh.

After our short lived joke, a minute of awkward silence falls over us, making me feel nervous and for some reason unsure.

"Why aren't you sleeping or drinking yourself to oblivion?" I ask out of curiosity, and for just filling the air with some sort of dialogue.

"I'll be asleep shortly, if I drink too much, then my head will explode during sound check tomorrow morning" he yarns.

"Aww, poor baby" I coo sarcastically.

"Are you naked?"

"What?!" I shriek in shock at the bluntness of his absurd questions.

"Well, are you?" he asks, even more calmer than before.

"Ok. Why would you ask me that? That's none of your business you idiot" I scold.

"Its just that you said you were about to take a shower, so I just wondered, that's all" he mumbles.

"Yeah, well I'm still not telling you"

"Good, then I wont tell you" he challenges back.

"Yeah yeah, I have to go before Jen steals the shower. Can I call you tomorrow?"

"Sure, and if your lucky enough, I might just answer my phone" he replies, and I can feel the smirk being played upon his mouth.

"Oh yeah, why are you using a different phone?" I laugh, remembering that this phone belonged to my lover, Billie Joe.

"I forgot to charge mine, so I used Billie's. You've memorized my number already?!"

"Thanks FRANK, and goodnight" I smile ignoring his idiotic question.

"G'night Serenity, aka Seny"

And with that I hang up the phone to take one of the best shower's I've ever took, before floating into my bed an into a delirious slumber.

Two mornings later, which so happened to be a Thursday, I was awoken by the most annoying of sounds coming from Jen's room, which unfortunately was next to mine. The sounds of her giggling, gasps, and that signature 'click' of her mouth, ungently ruined my adequate sleep. These noises meant only ONE thing.

Jack was here.

Rolling my eyes as I hear his voice echo beyond the not so thin walls of my bedroom, I hop out of bed and quickly change my clothes to take on the day yet again. Grimacing at how bright the sun was shining through the sheer curtains in the living room, I quickly ran into the kitchen to prepare breakfast instead of watching television in the sun-blinding living room.

The 'Felix The Cat' clock that hung above the tiny table in the kitchen clocked 12:30. What the hell were Jack and Jen doing in that bedroom for so long? Or did I really want to know?
Either way, I was still bothered, annoyed, lonely, and smug. So instead of listening to the lovebirds 'chirp' inside of the bedroom, I decided it might be time to take a jog, or maybe a stroll around the neighborhood, you know, burn off the huge breakfast that I had eaten earlier.

Grabbing my tiny black ipod nano, I snagged it onto my hip and scooted out of the door. Running down the steps I see a familiar smirkfull face on the third floor, eyeing me back.

"Hey Mark" I greet, waving my hand in his direction.

"How ya' doin' Seny?" he greets back just as politely. I find myself stopping to have a chat with Mark, the neighborhood dealer. Selling such items such as Marijuana, cocaine, crystal meth, ecstacy, and a few other drugs that normal people choose not to take, was Mark's occupation. Sure, people dealt him out as evil, but Mark was stellar. He was a true friend, could make you laugh (without drugs of course), and was an overall honest man, simply trying to make a living in this unfair, evil, and conniving world.

"I'm fine. Whatcha up to today?"

"Nothing, just relaxing a bit" he smiles, while digging into his jacket pocket to reveal a fat joint.

"When are you going to stop doing and selling that shit?" I shake my head disapprovingly at him.

"I only do the weed, the rest of this crap is for other people" he says defensively. "Maybe you should try some" he smirks.

"No thanks Mark, I'm jogging right now"

"I was only kidding. You should stay away from this stuff" he warns as if he's my father.

"Yeah, yeah. Have a good day" I smile, while whisking off the last flight of stairs to the bottom floor.

Shortly after the sweating of my now salty skin, and the love songs that coincidentally kept shuffling from ipod into my ears, the only thing plaguing my mind was Billie Joe. And it was ripping the very flesh from off my skin. Why did I crave him so? Why was he so sweet to me? Why did he leave me alone for so long? Why hadn't he called me in over 2 weeks? Sure, I had Tre. But he was nothing, only the appetizer, while Mr. Armstrong was the full course entrée.

And only one thing could suppress the hunger and craving sensation that I felt for him. Well, maybe two things. The most important factor being a thick joint from Mark, and the other item being my cell phone to call Billie.

"Are you sure you want this?" asked a worried Mark, with his chocolately brown skin now smoky and guilty looking.

"Yeah. I've got a lot on my min right now. Plus, Im a big girl, I can take care of myself" I nod handing him a single buck. "Thanks for the discount" I smile, going into my apartment and further into my bedroom to smoke my thoughts away.

Thankfully, Jen and Jack were absent from our home, allowing me to further enjoy the sweet hemp flowing through my body and suppressing the craving. And as the white smoke diffused throughout my bedroom and the scent became as sweet as candy, I knew I had to call Billie Joe, to add the cherry to my icecream.

"Hello?" he answered in a serious voice, letting me know that he was busy with some sort of activity.
"Hi Billie" I gush with toxic breath into the receiver.
"Hey Seny" he sighs.
"Is something wrong?"
"No, I've just been busy writing a few songs and such"
"Oh. Well guess what I'm doing right now?!" I say with a little more joy in my voice, than his.
"What" he says, effortlessly.
"I'm smoking a huge fatty and thinking dirty thoughts about you"

He snorts a laughter but doesn't further reply

"Baby, are you sure nothing's wrong?" I asked, dropping the drug to my desk and beginning to be worried.
"Yeah, I'm just a little stressed, and some of these songs I write are putting me into a depressing mood" he sighs.
"Then write happy songs"

"I AM" he suddenly snaps.

"Jeez. I wasn't commanding you for fucks sake" I retort.
"Look Seny, I'm sorry, but you can't just call like this. I'm busy with songwriting and my tour."
"I just wanted to talk to you. I haven't seen or heard from you in over two weeks. Sorry if I miss you Billie" I say somberly.

"I miss you too" he mumbles. "But right now, I cant talk. I gotta go, Bye"

And with that, the asshole hangs up the phone, leaving me to a foggy room smelling of hemp, and a morbidly sad look on my face. Mary was not doing her job today. I was supposed to feel relaxed and carefree, but instead I felt miserable.

Was Billie Joe my drug

Lord, I hope not.