‹ Prequel: Don't Love Me

Let's End This Before We Fall

I'll Be There For You

Kevin didn't really understand the big thrill. Not to say he hadn't grown close to Blake in the short months they had known her, but that was exactly what they were. Short! 

He appreciated the manner in which the family had been raised to be sensitive, but he thought it absurd, the fuss that could dwell in months.

Bee was nice, but she was just one girl.

Kevin sighed, nudging his guitar out of his way with his foot (a act he surely would not have committed were he feeling sane) as he walked through the private suite he was sharing only with Danielle. He just wanted to go home. He travelled around the world for the majority of his time, and he deserved a break! Plus he was absolutely tired of feeling like the bad guy, he wanted to be a supportive brother!

He collapsed onto the bed, rolling his eyes as he heard the crinkling of paper underneath him. He'd probably left out a notebook of songs.

He managed to roll over enough to pry the offending object from underneath him, and frowned as he inspected it.

It seemed just a simple piece of crumbled paper, maybe insignificant. But in it's disastrous state it could have been an intricate oragami swan for all he knew, so he proceeded to unravel it.

He didn't recognize the handwriting, it was delicate and loopy, but he did recognize his name written at the top, so read on;

{/I}Kevin,
I realize we are not on the exemplary terms at the moment, but I do desperately miss spending time with you. I'm going to a warehouse of clothes that were overstocked and meant to be exported-that means they'll be mega cheap. They're rather nice clothes as well, so I'd be delighted if you joined me at my house today evening. I'll be waiting hopefully!{/I}

There was a little heart at the end of her oh-so-familiar signature and Kevin stared at it, debating his answer even though he knew he had to go. Nice cheap clothes? That sounded thrilling!
He had only visited these exporting warehouses twice before, once in Dubai and another in South America. He usually went mad with pleasure.

And so he felt around for some clothes, grabbed his room key and wallet, and loped out the door, sneaking past his brother's room. The last thing he wanted was either of them spilling out their problems to him. Or worse-trying to come along.

He was quite sick of those love sick puppies.

A sense of overwhelming emotion swallowed him as he sat in the backseat of the car, apprehensive and nostalgic. 

Going shopping with Blake? That was just so... Los Angeles. Where they should all be instead of here. There were barely any problems in Los Angeles. Until Bee came along.

He didn't blame her, no chance. She just had this unexplainable ability to make things very complicated. And even though she had been so easy to befriend (something Kevin had found very strange, for he knew as well as the next person that Blake Weldm was a closed-off person) it seemed once friendship was acheived, it escalated. And more than friends was exactly what had happened for half of the brothers. 

Kevin sighed as he opened the car door, glad he was not available for this vixen's spells. 

He quickly thanked the driver and instructed him to return to the hotel, not waiting to see if it had been heeded before casually walking to the door and trying to knock. 

The door swung wide just as he raised his hand though, and Blake stood there, looking surprised. Then a smile split open on her face and she nearly made him fall by launching herself onto him, wrapping him in her arms. Kevin choked out a hello, and Blake seemed to gather herself, flinching backwards as if he was angry.

"Hi! Err... Sorry about-um, I didn't expect you to come." she sounded slightly timid, and Kevin briefly wondered if she even had human contact anymore.

"No, no, it's fine I was just surprised. Are you ready to go now?" he cursed himself instantly, hoping he didn't sound like he wanted to get this over with.

She smiled and looked down at herself, as Kevin did too. She wore a simple grey dress with a long woollen cardigan over it. There was a belt around her waist and soft brown boots and Kevin felt his mouth turn up at the corners. Blake had a impeccable sense of style that was really very pleasing to the eye.

"I right suppose I am." she felt around just inside the doorway and emerged with a purse and dangling a set of keys, not saying more as she closed the door and led him to a large black SUV. She unlocked it and he climbed into the passenger seat beside her, his mind screaming.

They didn't really have anything to talk about. It was already awkward!

Just as he meant to make for his phone she turned on the radio and he jumped in shock. His band was blasting through the speakers at a ear-splitting volume, and he raised a eyebrow at her questioningly. She switched to the local radio channels and turned the volume down, a unusual blush on her cheeks. 

He looked to the back seat instinctively,  noting the mass of pillows and soft blankets that would make any sleepover proud, making a connection. He supposed she would sit amongst those pillows and listen to their music. It seemed sad to him and he tried to look away and casually out the window. She sighed.

"I really liked your recent albums. It seems like the songs were much more matured." 

Ahh, music. Something he could talk about. "We are older now. Time has done wonders on Nick, Joe and I." he noticed her wince out of the corner of her eye and resolved not to mention them anymore, "Our last tour was such a beauty though. There's been about four since you... Since we became headlining." He caught himself in time. It would have been disastrous if he said, 'Since you left'.

She seemed to find this suitable conversation and took the bait. "Tell me about this last tour." her tone was dreamy and Kevin watched the road carefully, wondering if having a conversation was the best idea.  

"It was all outdoor, every arena. There was one where it rained the whole way through, it felt like a dream. The masic and happiness and fans... It was magic." she looked sad again. Kevin would have kicked himself if it would have looked normal.

"But maybe you could tell me about you? I mean, my life is everywhere, but I'm honestly curious about how you've been. Where's your brother?"

"Oh, Connor? He goes to a boarding school, since we don't live near any nice schools. He is coming home for winter holidays in a bit, until then I just wait..." Kevin felt remorse wash over him. What sort of a life had Blake been living without friends and family to speak to? Did she ever have company? 

"And Daphne visits often, I assume. Do you go shopping often?"

"Yes Daphne visits whenever she can, really. I don't usually have visitors though, so I don't shop much. I've taken up cooking, though. I really enjoy making beef pies. They're... Well I'll invite you over one day. The cuisine here is quite different than what is eaten in America, though with touring we do eat many foods!" She tittered into a high laugh at the end that made Kevin roll his eyes. A salt shaker could have seen through that.

"Do you think you could make me some tea maybe? I'll trust your taste, but since I am in Europe, I figured I could try it. My family likes coffee, but I wanted to switch. Coffee stunts your growth."

She laughed genuinely, a gasping laugh that made a curious loud sound when she inhaled, making it seem as if it had been uncontrollably funny.

She replied conversationally, something unimportant that made Kevin erupt into unclassy guffaws and outright double over in laughter. She went on for a few minutes, chattering happily till she suddenly swerved the car into a u-turn, looking embarrased.

"I'm terribly sorry. I missed the turn, but it's right here. I do it quite a lot." she turned the car and parked it and got out, Kevin did the same.

She bounced ahead of him, and he nearly had a heart attack as he saw the size of the room. It must have been a mile both ways, lit brightly and had a fair amount of people. Enough that you could browse without feeling comitted to buy something but he could still find many places unhabited.

"Glad you like it. Come on, shoes first, of course."

He nearly collapsed at her words. "Yes, right, absolutely." He floated in a trance toward the leather.

"You know, I absolutely adore those t-shirt dresses. I use flannel shirts often, mens, and they look very nice with a rope belt or something. Oh! You remember those pointy black shoes you have? Oh-you're wearing them! Haha! You must really like those, you still wear them? Anyway, simple pointed heels are what I really find adorable. For guys..." Blake leisurely observed the clothes, spurting out animated expressions with a loud voice that thankfully managed to get lost in the large room. Kevin found himself unable to wipe the smile off his face, though whether it was the clothes or friendship he did not know.

And as he glanced over a Blake, her face shining at the prospect of fringed boots, he could sort of decide. It was the friendship, and it was absolutely Blake.
♠ ♠ ♠
See? Updates!

Now reward me by COMMENTING! it only takes a second!