Living In Sin

Lover's Quarrel

“Ah, well that figures. I wasn’t expecting you to be uh…”

“Possessing two x-chromosomes instead of just one?” I asked dryly. If he was sexist this was not going to be a pleasant stay…for him that is.

“Yes, quite.” He adjusted his glasses and blushed a light pink.

“Well I wasn’t exactly expecting an individual who was…endowed to be my roommate either. That is unless you’re a eunuch.” I raised my eyebrow in curiosity. I probably shouldn’t be questioning his manhood within the first five minutes of meeting him but he’s the one who got himself in this situation so I felt no remorse.

“No!” His face was flaming by now. It was quite the spectacle.

“I mean no.” He adjusted his glasses and collected himself.

“Alright, whatever you say, Honey. Am I to assume that that’s my bed?” I pointed towards the right and made my way toward it flopping on it without waiting for an answer. I grabbed a pillow and hugged it close to me.

“Ooh, this is the best bed ever.” I snuggled the pillow closer to my face and opened one eye to look at Diligence. He flushed red when I made eye contact and adjusted his glasses and went back to reading whatever he was reading before being interrupted by my presence.

“Mmm, what’s that?” I opened both eyes and sat up. I stood up and shuffled toward Diligence. I flopped on top of his bed and took the packet out of his hand.

“Ooh, is this your diary?” I started flipping through the pages until I realized it was his equivalent to the rulebook Miss Pride gave me.

“Ew, boring.” I handed it back to him without much care.

“Have you even started reading yours?”

“No, too much work.” I leaned over him putting my hand on his knee to keep myself balanced as I tried to see what other books he had on his bed. I saw a manga named “Bizenghast” in the top left corner that looked interesting. I attempted to reach it from my sprawled position on Diligence completely oblivious to how uncomfortable the situation made him feel.

‘Almost got it.’ Admittedly, it would be faster just to crawl over the poor boy but I was far too lazy to even attempt getting up from my position.

“Ah-ha! Gotcha!” I yelled in victory holding up the manga in my hand. Unfortunately, for me and the boy who I happen to be using as a crutch I lost my balance. I toppled on top of Diligence and had the air knocked out of me from the impact. When I regained the ability to breathe, I found myself only a few centimeters away from Diligence our lips nearly touching. His hands were around my waist in his feeble attempt to stop my descent. The glasses had previously been perched upon his nose were now flung off to the side.

‘Well, this is awkward.’ My eye caught sight of something in my hand.

“Yes, I still have it!” I sat up quickly, straddling Diligence in the process, and pumped my hands into the air clutching the manga in my hand.

“Um, Miss. Could you please get off m-“ He was cut off by the loud banging noise our door made when it made contact with the wall. We both looked toward the door startled by the sound.

“Damn it! Patience pisses me off. Hey, Diligence, do you want to go fighting? Um…” It was the dude. It was the stupid jerk that woke me up from my nap earlier today.

‘Stupid good-for-nothing bast-Wait, why is he looking at me strangely?” I made eye contact with him but he looked away quickly apparently finding the wall more interesting at the moment.

“Wow, Diligence, I knew you were hardworking but I never imagined you would apply it this way. Since it’s obvious that you’d rather be dallying with some indolent girl then your best friend fine by me.” I felt myself get shoved roughly off Diligence and onto the floor as he went after the guy.

“No, it’s not what you think!”

“I don’t want to hear it!” The guy glared at Diligence then me. He turned around quickly and slammed the door behind him in a fury. I could hear him stomping off as Diligence rounded off on me.

“Aren’t you going to do something?”

“Why should I do anything?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“Because this is all your fault.”

“I don’t see what I have to do with anything.” I shrugged as he gave me an incredulous look.

“I can’t believe how apathetic you can be on the subject. I guess you really are Sloth.” He looked at me in disdain before turning around and going out the door in pursuit of the other guy.

“Ah, lover’s quarrel. It’s all the good-looking ones that are gay. Oh well, now would be the perfect time for a little catnap.” I curled up into a ball on the floor before falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if anyone caught it but in the last chapter the room numbers spell out sloth and sin. Also, I'm a fan of awkward moments when they don't happen to me. Woo, awkward moments! This one is shorter then I would like but the next one will hopefully be longer.