Threshhold to Violence Re-Opens

Chapter 18

-Narrator's POV-

Frank and Gerard finally got to the hotel and Frank payed the driver. "Come on, Gee. Let's get you to the room and into bed," Frank said, helping Gerard out of the cab car. Frank closed the door and Gerard swung his arm over Frank's shoulders as Frank warpped his arm around Gerard's waist to keep him balanced.

They walked into the hotel and walked to the elevator and pushed the button to go up. As they waited, Gerard turned to face Frank and smiled at him. "Frank, you are truly amazing. I don't know what I'd do without you," Gerard said as he rested his head on Frank's shoulder. Frank cupped Gerard's chin and lifted his head.

"Gerard, I wouldn't be as amazing as you think unless you were there to help me," Frank said as he smiled warmly. Gerard smiled back, placed his hand on the back of Frank's neck, and lightly kissed him. Frank put a little more force into the kiss and placed both his hands on Gerard's waist. A couple seconds later, the elevator doors popped open and there were three teenage guys standing there. Luckliy, the two rock stars parted and made their way into the elevator.

"What floor?" one of the guys said.

"Five," Frank said as Gerard stumbled. Frank caught him and the guy pushed the button for the fifth floor.

"So you guys ready for the concert next week?" Gee asked weakly. The guys looked at them both very confused.

"Um, we don't even know you two. So how could we go to your concert when we don't know who you are?" another guy asked. Frank looked at them surprisingly.

"Seriously? I swear we were well known. Well, we were until ..." he started, but stopped when he realized they'd think he was nuts if he said that they were deported for a while to a place that didn't exist.

"Until what?"

"Oh, it's nothing. I was talking out my ass. Sorry," Frank said as he saw that Gerard had passed out. And that he was getting a bit heavy.

They got to the fifth floor and got out and Frank pretty much dragged Gee to the room. He unlocked the door and pulled Gerard in. He picked Gerard up and place him on the bed just as the other three were walking in.

"Gerard alright?" Mikey asked, obviously concerned about his older brother.

"Yeah, he's fine. Just needs some rest. But the strangest thing happened on the way up here in the elevator," Frank said, staring at the floor, deeply thinking.

"Are you talking about those three dudes who swore up and down that they didn't know who the hell we were?" Ray said, pointing at the door. Frank nodded.

"Guys, I hate to say this but," Mikey said as he rubbed his neck. "But I think we're no longer loved and worshipped as we once were."