Status: on hiatus until further notice.

Blinded

Tommy Again

Did I admit that to myself?

More importantly did I admit that to Frank, out loud?

"Penny for your thoughts." Bob said, sitting down next to me on the grass, smiling. I meakly smiled back.

"It's nothing, really. Just my usual overanalysation of every little happening between me and Fr-" I stopped myself from finishing that sentence. My mouth was just a trap door today. Everything just poured out. I wonder how Bob would have reacted if I finished that sentence.

"What?" he incouraged. "You and who? Frank? Were you about to say Frank?" The wide smile on his face was like a kid walking into a no charge candy store.

I instantly shook my head at him. "No, I was not about to say Frank. I was going to say Fran... she works with me in Chemistry. I don't understand her at all." That was a total and complete lie. I'm not sure there was even one girl in our school named Fran. Hopefully, Bob wouldn't catch on.

However, I underestimated the intellect of him. "That's weird. Because, if I remeber correctly, I'm in your Chemistry class, and you're partnered up with some jock named Josh. Not Fran." His cheshire grin made my brain studder. I couldn't think of a response.

"Oh, well then... I guess I'm getting my classes confused." I muttered, looking over to see the rest of the guys and Marie walking over to us on the grass. "Guys!" I welcomed, enthusiastic to stop this conversation with Bob.

"A little bit happier today, are we?" Ray asked, while taking a seat on the other side of me, in the grass. I watched as Frank took a seat opposite to me, his sunglasses reflecting the light back in my direction. It made me squint.

"Much better today, actually." I clarified.

A silence enveloped the group. The only thing that broke it was the sound of a paper bag ruffling. Everyones attention shot to Gerard, who was now biting into a poptart, with a brown lunch bag in the other hand.

"What?" he questioned. "Just because you all have to be weird and silent until someone asks a question doesn't mean my stomach isn't going to stop being hungry. I want food, and you people aren't going to stop me from eating." A few of us chuckled at him, as he stuffed the rest of his poptart into his mouth.

After the entertainment from Gerard's little outburst had turned to disgust from his chewing I turned to my sister. I put a smirk on my face. "So, Marie, how was your night?" She had yet to tell me how her 'date' went with Mikey.

Her face turned ten shades of red, and I could hear Bob snicker next to me. I elbowed him, making him shut up. "Well, I had a great time."

The glimmer in Mikey's eyes was noticible almost as soon as the words left her mouth. "You did?" he asked. She looked over at him and smiled widely.

"Yeah." It came out as a small breath of air, only adding to the mood set by the two. They just stared at eachother, with their lovesick looks plastered onto their faces. I rolled my eyes at their gushy actions, but far be it from me to ruin their moment.

Marie deserved to be happy. I was sure that Mikey was the only boy in this school to fufill her happiness to capacity. She was my baby sister. She deserved nothing better than the best. Inwardly, I let out a sigh.

My baby sister was so good to everyone. She was always so perfect. She had manners; she had class; she had style; and she most definitely had the most amiable personality I've ever seen. I was glad that she had found someone who makes her just as happy as she makes the rest of the world. However, I could not get rid of the gut feeling within me of jealousy.

I wished so deeply, down within me, to have a person like her Mikey. A person that made me euphoric when I was miserable; a person that could calm my anger with in an instant; a person who loved me with their whole heart, not just a part of it. It seemed, for me, that a person like that didn't exsist.

Maybe, I was just being too stubborn. Maybe, all I needed to do was open myself up a little bit more. But, to who? Every single high school boy I've met or heard speak only thinks about one thing, and I'm not dealing with that again.

Well, there were a few exceptions. They probably had to be the only civil guys in the entire town of Belleville. At least, most of the time they were. Bob, Ray, Gerard, Mikey, and Frank were the only men in the world who could turn my anger towards guys around completely. Basically, they were the only ones who showed that they cared about my feelings.

As I was sitting lazily in my thoughts, I didn't notice a figure approach us. Only when it was standing right by my folded legs, blocking my sunlight, did I look up to see who was there. If there was any trace of a good time on my face at this moment, it was gone completely now.

"What Tommy?" I growled, not in the mood to deal with him two days in a row. From the corner of my eyes I could see Frank and Gerard stand up to come around to where I was seated in the grass. Marie and Mikey had moved too.

Tommy glanced at all of them, his eyes lingering on Marie longer than anyone else. "I see you've got your sister to turn into a recluse, just like you." he sneered.

"Actually, I'm here because these guys are more amazing than any other person I've hung out with in this school before." she piped up, from behind me. "And that most definitely includes you!"

He scowled deeply at her. "Oh really. You think a bunch of pansy-assed losers like them are better than someone like me?" He motioned over to the guys, who all seemed to be ready to jump him.

"Mikey's twice the man you could ever hope to be!" she yelled, stepping closer to his face. "Now, leave us be." Her tone of voice was not sweet, and her stare was intimidating. Holy shit, my sister could be a hard ass. I smiled at the thought. Tommy glanced over at me, catching my smile.

"What the hell are you smiling about, Simmons? You have no reason to be happy." I glowered at him as he spoke. "Maybe you sisters got a man, but you've still got no one. No one would ever want you, you cold hearted bitch."

His words hit me where it hurt. 'No one would ever want you' Was he right? I looked down toward the ground for a minute, making sure no trace of sadness was on my face as I stood up and walked into his face, moving Marie to the side, so she wouldn't get in the way.

"Tommy, when are you going to learn? I don't give two shits what you think about me." I smirked in his face. "Your words don't effect me anymore. You've got nothing to use against me. Now, scurry back to your friends before I have to hit you for a second time in two days." I attempted to walk back, but he grabbed my shoulders, pulling me closer to him.

He leaned in and whispered in my ear. "You can't fool me, Rae. You know you don't want to be alone forever. I still have something that makes you squirm." My jaw clenched at his words.

"Hey! Get your filthy hands off her!" I heard Frank yell behind me. Tommy released me from his grip, causing me to stumble back a bit.

"Relax, Iero. Me and Rae were just reminiscing a bit." His smirk made me want to punch him. Instead, I just sneered.

"Leave." Marie growled at him.

He put his hands up in defence, sarcastically, and began walking away. "Bye Raeboo." He chuckled his old nickname for me. I flipped him off in response.

"What a total prick." Gerard mumbled, returning to his seat.

"Seriously." Marie agreed, going back to Mikey, who was now beaming at her.

I plopped myself back into the grass and heaved a deep sigh. My life had become infested with drama in a matter of weeks.

"What did he say to you, Rae?" Bob questioned, sitting back down in his spot. I shrugged, not wanting to tell him.

"Nothing that I didn't already know."