Status: on hiatus until further notice.

Blinded

Nosey Gerard

I was beginning to believe my day couldn't get any worse from previously, until I bumped into the one person that could possibly take it there. Brynn.

"Oh, sorry." I mumbled looking down at the hallway floor. I began to take steps to get as far away from her as possible, when she called out to me. I turned around to face her.

"Would you mind talking to me after school?" she asked, kindly. Confused, but curious to see what she had to say to me, I nodded.

I continued walking to my last class of the day, shaking my head at what at just happened. I was a bit aprehensive about going to meet her. The last time we chit-chatted I ended up a complete reck, sobbing on the floor of the school.

I sat down in the back of my art classroom, my sketch book in hand. I didn't feel much like drawing today. Not that I was very good at it anways. I tended to draw little cartoon characters rather than actual works of art. My teacher, Mr. Gibbins, really didn't aprriciate the world of cartoons. Needless to say, I was still able to pump out a few good sketches here and there to keep my grades afloat.

I began to aimlessly swish my pencil back and forth over the page when Gerard came to sit down next to me. I looked in his direction for a second, using that as my 'hello' to him.

"Hey Rae Lee." he smiled. I frowned a bit, not looking up from the random squiggles on my sheet of paper. "What's up?"

I shrugged at him. "I've just got a couple things on my mind, is all."

"Well, that's typical. You just got verbally attacked by your ex-boyfriend and were being annoyed to death by Bob's stubborness."

"You forgot the fact that my ex-best friend has decided that we need to talk after school today." I added.

I could feel his eyes looking at me now, instead of his own drawing. "Oh?"

"Yeah, so would you mind telling your brother to tell my sister that I'm going to be a couple minutes late." I asked, turning to look at him with hopefull eyes. He nodded and grinned.

"Or, I could just tell her myself." I laughed at how much easier that might be.

"Or you could do that." I agreed. Together, we spend the rest of the class in silence. Gerard could be so level-headed at times it was amazing. It was as if he was bi-polar.

Around five minutes before class was to get out, Gerard stopped drawing and turned to look at me. "I was just wondering, you don't have to tell me, but what did Tommy whisper to you at lunch today?"

I sighed, recalling the events, and my saddness that went along with it. I figured I could tell Gerard. He seemed like the type not to overreact or tell me I was making a big deal out of nothing. "Basically, he told me that he knows what he said effects me, and he's going to be reminding me forever of how I am uncapable of finding love anymore." I glanced downwards, at my sheet which held a small comic of a chipmunk chasing around an leaf.

"Well, he's just a shitty person." I looked up at his face to see that Gerard seemed rather angry. "You don't honestly believe that, do you?"

"How can I not?" I questioned. "I mean, I have such huge issues with guys. I can't put my trust in one anymore."

"You just put your trust in me by telling me." Gerard stated. I thought about it for a second, and I guess I did. I mean, I did put most of my trust in the guys. But, they just didn't seem like every other single guy out there that acted sweet to get somewhere further. They were genuine.

"But, it's different with you guys. You're just so amazingly trustworthy to me. I know that you all wouldn't intentionally hurt me in any way."

"You know what that means right?" Gerard asked. I shook my head at him. "Maybe that guy that you can fall in love with is right infront of you."

And with that, the bell rang, and the entire class filed out of the room, including Gerard.

Before he left he just whispered. "Think about it, will you?"

Utterly baffled, I sat there for a couple more seconds, until I regained my senses and began walking out of the room. I know Gerard wasn't talking about himself. We both knew that we didn't feel like that around eachother at all. I knew it wasn't Mikey either, seeing as he would probably jump off a cliff if I told him my little sister was at the bottom waiting for him. That left Bob, Ray, and Frank. All seemed rather unlikely in my opinion to ever like me. Bob just seemed like a big brother to me. A very annoying one at that. Ray and Rae? That would just be awkward on all parts. And Frank? I most definitely was not the type of girl he would ever choose to date.

I walked down the hall to my locker. After retrieving my books, I waited until Brynn showed up next to me.

"Are you ready to talk now?" she asked me. I shrugged.

"What's this about?" I questioned her, slightly tensed. She sighed and looked at me.

"I just wanted to apologize to you for the way I blew things up the other day. It was completely extreme. I shouldn't be the one to judge if you choose to make friends or not, especially when they seem to be some really amazing people."

Skeptical, I glanced at her to see if she was serious. It seemed she was. "Alright." I didn't know how to respond.

"I was wondering if we could possibly put this behind us. You know, start anew?" By looking over her, I could see that she was nervous. She wasn't one for big apologies, or even apologizing at all. I knew this came from the heart.

"Yeah, Brynn. I think we could work something out."

She grinned madly at me, and jumped into my arms. I laughed and hugged her back. I missed my best friend. "I missed you so much, Rae."

"Missed you too, bud."