Status: Hiatus: Bother Silentaffections please!

My Pretend Fiancé

Two faced Boogie-man Vs. Lenina?

The next morning Leonard awoke to the smell of lavender in the air and took a deep breath in enjoying the delicate sent. He smiled to himself wrapping his arms around what he thought was his pillow, holding it tightly until he heard it make a soft moan. His eyes shot open to see Lenina laying there staring up at him.

"Good morning, Leo," she greeted as he looked at her shocked for a moment until he remembered last night. Her eyes were slightly pink and puffy from all the crying she had done but he thought she was still just as beautiful.

"How are you feeling?" She nodded her head and then looked over at his bathroom door.

"Better, but I have to use the bathroom," he chuckled and released her from his grip. She rushed off and he got himself up and out of bed. Leonard did his morning stretch routine, yawned and rubbed the sleepiness out of his eyes and then looked at his clock.

"Shit, Lenina! We've got work!" Leonard heard Lenina knock something over, yelp, and run out while fixing up her pajama pants. He chuckled shaking his head as he made his way over to her.

"Oh no!"

"Calm down, let's get ready and I'll take you in okay." Lenina nodded her head and rushed upstairs to get herself ready as a secretary in her new job. Leonard made a quick call to Tashawn to tell him to meet him in the lobby of the building within the hour.

***

"Sir, Mr. Kingsley Sr. seems extremely upset with you." Tashawn had been waiting downstairs patiently just as Leonard has asked with a smile on his face. Leonard sighed, rolling his eyes and thought about what to do for a moment.

"Okay, fine. Tashawn, please take Lenina across the way so that she can start work, explain that it was my fault and then if at all possibly, please come back with some coffee?" Tashawn smiled and nodded his head as Leonard hands him some cash.

"Oh, Lenny!" Leonard called to her, making her turn back around to face Leonard. "Just be yourself, Lenina." He kissed her forehead and rushed his way back to the elevator.

"Please, follow me Ms. Kingsley." Tashawn gently placed a hand on her lower back to guide her through the front to the other building.

"Please, call me, Lenina." She smiled up at him because he was indeed a very tall man, slightly taller than Leonard.

"Okay, Lenina. Today's your first day correct?" Lenina nodded her head enthusiastically. Tashawn smiled down at Lenina seeing why Leonard would want to marry a woman like her. Leonard needed a woman like her to keep himself balanced.

"Well here we are, Lenina. Please, have a good day." Tashawn smiled, looking down at her. She seemed nervous and scared as she just stared at the building, wondering how she would screw up this time when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Listen, don't stress it. Be calm and confident and you'll be fine. And if you ever need anything, know that you can call me." Lenina looked up at Tashawn admiringly. She jumped on him giving him a large hug, not expecting it he almost fell but caught his balance and returned the hug.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Tashawn." He chuckled hearing that and smiled down at her, slipping her his phone number to the office.

"Just Shawn would be fine. Now let's go." Lenina nodded her head with a big smile on her face and a new sense of confidence.

Once Tashawn was done getting Lenina set up and explaining the situation to her boss he headed back to his own work. As he left the building he gave Lenina a quick glance, chuckling to himself.

"If only."

***

"Leonard, you are slacking off too much lately. A quarter of your clients want to dump you as their rep., what the hell has gotten into you?" Leonard's father, Gregory Kingsley stated. Leonard just stood there, his head facing the ground. He knew he was going to receive a lecture from his father once he walked into the office.

He knew his work had been slacking and with all of the drama that had been happening around the house lately with Lenina there wasn't much time for him to work the projects that he was suppose to be working on. He still had a new band that he had to sell to the public and make their name big. Leonard was just glad that almost everything with Lenina had been sorted out but it still didn't mean that he was out of the clear. However, he did know that he had to tend to his work, which meant staying late to do so.

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry, sir. I promise to be more focused, my work won't slack again." Gregory looked at his son intently. He knew Leonard hated working there but it didn't stop him from doing a good job. Ever since he announced Lenina's presence was when he started to let his work slip.

"Maybe you should rethink your marriage proposal to, Lenina. I feel she's affecting your work." Leonard's head shot up as he looked at his father shocked.

How could he say such a thing after all the times he was being yelled at for Veronica's engagement? His father's criticism about his ex-girlfriend's new fiancé is the only reason he had to go through such drastic measures to find Lenina.

"You don't know that. I won't rethink my proposal because she makes me happy. I'm sorry that you think she affects my work but I will assure you that that will not happen anymore." Gregory was shocked. He had never heard anything like that come out of Leonard's mouth before.

He smiled at his son impressed and gave him a pat on the back. Leonard rolled his eyes inwardly but kept a straight face. He knew his father liked toying with people, son or not, Leonard was no exception.

"Well, seems like you really feel for this girl. Good man, but you mess up again Leonard; there will be some serious consequences." Leonard nodded his head and went to walk out when his father stopped him.

"Oh, your mother really wishes to have that tennis match. This Friday good?" Leonard thought about it and figured the sooner the better. Almost like ripping off a band-aid, better to do it quick and in one shot rather than slow and painful.

"Friday's great." Gregory smiled and gave him another pat on his back as Leonard exited the room.

He made his way back downstairs where Tashawn was sitting there with a cup of coffee and what looked like messages. Leonard sighed and plopped his head on Tashawn's desk wondering what the hell he was doing.

"Your coffee, sir. Oh and Lenina arrived and was settled fairly quickly, and you have these two clients to deal with." Leonard looked up, sighing, taking the coffee and downing it.

"Remind me why I don't jump out the window?" Tashawn stood up to open the door to Leonard's office, looking down at him sadly.

"Cause you have a beautiful fiancé and I'd be out of a job." Leonard chuckled and nodded his head, giving Tashawn a quick pat on his shoulder.

"Right you are." With that he went into his office as Tashawn chuckled and sighed dreamily.

"If only..."

***

"Okay, you can take your break now, Lenina." Lenina smiled at her new boss watching her go back into her office. She set up the phone just as she was told and put up the sign that said 'OUT TO LUNCH' and walked off to the elevator. As she made her way out of the lobby she saw a shocking figure standing in the lobby. It was Tori.

"Tori?" Tori spun around, her long hair done up in multiple curls and twists along with flashy make-up. Lenina assumed she had come from work. She really did look beautiful no matter what she was wearing.

"Lenny! Thank God, let's get out of here. People are staring." Lenina followed her very willingly wonder why exactly Tori had come to see her. Especially after Tori told her off, but she didn't want to question it.

"Coffee? You're on break so let's head to a Starbucks." Tori kept holding onto her hand and leading Lenina through the crowd of people that littered the streets.

Once they got there, they ordered quickly and took a seat. Lenina was still in a state of shock so she just kind of sat there, staring into oblivion not knowing what to expect.

"Guess you're wondering why I dragged you down here?" Tori asked as she watched Lenina nod her head slowly. She had taken notice to Lenina's attire and thought it awfully strange.

Lenina's beautiful red hair was tied up in a bun, she wore a grey dress suit, black heals and simple pearl earrings. This wasn't the Lenina she knew.

"Well first things first, what are you wearing? Matching earrings?" Lenina took hold of her ears and her face scrunched up in confusion.

"They're for work. I have to do my best and not act like a child. Like you said." Lenina placed her hands back down in her lap and sat up straight. Tori was shocked at her actions and then shook her head.

"Lenny...listen, I was angry, hurt, upset. I didn't mean some of the things I said. Lenny, I want you to be you and be happy, but I also want you to be able to take care of yourself." Lenina smiled up at Toru who took her hand and gave it a small squeeze.

"I'm still upset and sad about losing Cindy, but I realize even though you didn't help my situation with her, neither did I. I should've told you about these things sooner." Tori looked down and then back up at Lenina after taking a deep breath.

"I'm so sorry, Tori. I really am, but I promise to take care of myself from now on." Tori smiled as their orders were being called. The both of them glad to have their best friend back.

***

"You didn't tell me we were playing today! Oh no, I gotta go find my tennis clothes!" Lenina ran back upstairs in the middle of breakfast as Leonard just stared at her empty chair dumbfounded. He could've sworn that he had told her about the match with his parents but it must've slipped his mind while he was catching up on all his work. He soon followed Lenina in suit wondering why she was all of a sudden so frazzled.

Surprisingly, the week had gone very well for both Lenina and Leonard. Lenina only having to deal with minor mishaps, Leonard was proud. What he didn't like was Lenina getting close to his secretary, Tashawn. All of a sudden they were spending most of their lunches together and hanging out every now and then after work hours. It troubled Leonard to see her going off and being all giggly with another man like that even though he knew it was just apart of her personality. What he didn't understand was why he was letting it get to him; she was just a business arrangement after all...wasn't she?

"Ugh! Oh, where did I put my new racket...oh! Just a little more-ah!" Leonard ran inside Lenina's bedroom just in time to catch her.

She was wearing her white tennis uniform, so the skirt flew up showing off more leg than Leonard was used to getting from her. So, he quickly placed her back on her feet and watched her as she dusted herself off.

"Thanks, but I still need my racket." Lenina pointed to the top shelf in the closet seeing it well beyond her reach. That's when he saw that she was using a chair with wheels as a boost.

"What is wrong with you? You could've killed yourself!" Lenina bit her lip and looked away; she didn't want to be a bother. Leonard reached up and retrieved the racket for her and handed over.

"Well I better get ready. Mind cleaning up the kitchen?" She shook her head and then skipped off downstairs to clean up whatever was left of the breakfast they had never really finished.

Leonard shook his head going back down to his room, then wondering exactly what were her parents like for her to be so...naive. Her mother sounded like a very smart woman and he had never really heard much from Lenina about her father, he wondered if she even had one. That was something else that needed to be discussed, Lenina's parents. However, as he got his small gym bag ready he realized that he would have far worse things to deal with, like his own parents and what a long day would that make it for him.

"Leo!" Leonard walked through the Country Club doors and instantly saw his mother standing their waving at him enthusiastically. Leonard smiled feebly, it was his mother, as Lenina jumped and waved back to her.

"Let's go!" Lenina skipped over to his parents and greeted them with a rather large smile. Her hair was bouncing, up in a high pony tail, almost like a school-girl. She looked amazing in her tennis outfit, Leonard had thought to himself, as it showed off Lenina's athletic figure. He saw how strong her legs were and could see that she was a very active and fit person indeed.

He walked over and greeted his father with a handshake and his mother with a kiss. "Shall we start?" Leonard asked and everyone nodded their heads, Lenina of course being the more eager one to start the game.

Lenina was off in front chatting away with his mother as his father opened the door to the court.

"We have this all day." He smiled at everyone as Leonard sighed to himself wishing he were at a bar downing a shot of Jack rather than having to deal with being in the same room as the two faced boogie man he called 'father'.

"Great." He mumbled and on it was.

For the next three hours they played going back and forth with the ball, sweating like pigs, and working their arms like there was no tomorrow. Shockingly, Leonard and Lenina had done very well to both Leonard and his parents' surprise. Lenina was exceptionally good and focused at what she was doing. Leonard had never seen this side of Lenina before and found it slightly alluring. He could tell she was athletic just by her build but her stamina and actually being good a sport was something completely different. Lenina happened to be very good.

He could also tell that his parents were surprised at her enthusiasm towards the sport. Leonard knew Lenina came off as a bit strange but he didn't care anymore. He was slowly beginning to find all of those strange qualities some of the best qualities Lenina had to offer.

"Oh my, Lenina dear, I don't know if I'll be able to go another round." Leonard's mother was panting and took a big gulp from her water bottle.

"Aw, okay Mrs. Kingsley." Lenina smiled, still so full of energy and ready for more. She smiled over at Leonard and drank from her own water bottle as she went to go sit with Leonard's mother.

"Lenny, why don't you and I have a solo match?" Leonard asked as he also drank from his water bottle. Lenina was slightly surprised as she looked over at Leonard.

"Oh, this might be interesting to watch." His father commented as he sat down next to his wife.

"My money is on the girl!" Leonard's mother retorted, looking over at her husband, smirking. Leonard looked over at his mother shocked, wondering why her faith hadn't been placed in him.

"Mom!" She chuckled, shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm sorry hunnie, the girls got game." Lenina giggled and blushed at that comment and then looked at Leonard.

"Come on, Jimmy! Let's play!" Leonard glared at Lenina for a moment both of his parents wondering why she had called him Jimmy but figured it was some sort of inside joke between the two of them. Leonard then went into position and served the ball.

It was an intense game going back and forth between the two of them it was almost like watching the pros go at it. Soon enough they were tied and Lenina was the server.

Leonard has never experienced this side of Lenina before or of any woman really. He never got interested in their interests or asked them what they liked to do for fun. He never really looked at a woman before as a person and now he sees how much he had missed out.

Lenina was serious, her face contorted into an intense stare as she made herself focused. She didn't look or seem like the little girl she usually inhibits, but the young woman she was growing into. Leonard never knew that seeing a woman so passionate about something, could be such a turn on.

"Ah-ha!" With one last swing Lenina hit the ball as hard as she could and Leonard, being so lost in his thoughts, missed the ball and lost the game. His mother was ecstatic.

"Oh. Come on!" His father shouted as his mother laughed and gave her husband a small shove.

"10 bucks, my love." She laughed even harder, holding out her hand waiting for her husband to hand over the money.

"That was fun!" Lenina stated as she rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet, smiling at everyone.

"You beat me." Lenina smiled proudly and nodded her head at Leonard who was just looking at her amazed.

He stared at her for a moment and then decided that she would pay for that. Winning a game and slightly embarrassing him in front of his parents. He knew her weakness, all too well. So he bent down close to her ear and whispered, "You’re in trouble when we get home..."

Lenina looked up at Leonard shocked as he smiled down at her. She was very confused and wondered what she could have possibly done wrong. She didn't want him to be upset with her again although he didn't look like he was.

"Why?" Leonard chuckled knowing she would take it literally and worry herself that he was upset with her when in fact he just wanted to mess with her and possibly tickle her to death when they got back to the house. Lenina's ultimate weakness.

"Don't worry. You'll see when we get home." With that said he kissed her forehead and took her hand so that they could both join his parents.

Lenina still very, very confused.